• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Rupeni Caucaunibuca's Plea " Let Me Play "

R

rugby_roots

The world's best winger humbled himself before Fiji yesterday with the plea: Please let me play for my country. Rupeni Caucaunibuca promised that if given the chance, he will put on a much more deadly performance than the one the world watched at the 2003 World Cup in Australia.
The Bua flyer scored three breathtaking tries from the two games he played. He was voted the best winger at that tournament.
“My desire is to play for Fiji at the World Cup,†he said from his village in Bua last night.
“And if given the chance, I will prove my worth to the team and also to the nation.
“I will perform better than the 2003 World Cup that was held in Australia.â€
Caucaunibuca, who is on suspension for the use of illegal substances, revealed that he had been following the training programme given to him by the FMF Flying Fijians management.
“I've never lost hope and I'm still waiting for that call from management to join the team.â€
Caucaunibuca's suspension finishes on September 14, the day after Fiji's World Cup opening match against Japan.
However, Flying Fijians logistics and operations manager Peter Murphy, in an earlier interview, indicated that Caucaunibuca was a non-issue in the team’s campaign to the World Cup.
He pointed out that while under suspension Caucaunibuca could not be associated with rugby.
Caucaunibuca indicated that he would join his Agen Club in France on September 4.
“I have been in touch with my club over in France and I will join them early next month and if the national team management calls me up then I'm ready to don the national jumper,†he said.
He warned the Flying Fijians that their next warm-up match against FC Albi on Sunday morning would not be an easy one.
“It’s a much stronger team than FC Auch,†he said.
“FC Auch is not an easy team either so I was not surprised at the result.â€
Flying Fijians media director Jeremy Duxbury said Caucau would be considered if someone is injured.

As much az hez skrewd himself, I still hope he plays as unlikely as i looks. Would be good to see him on the international stage again.

Hes still only 27, so he has a chance to play the next world cup.

Although I can't see it happening, I hope he matures and realises he can't fart-ass around, and the world does not revolve around him.

Its such a shame that such a talented individual who can be the best player of running rugby quite simply when he feels like it, decides to abuse his gift.

Although he deserves to not be apart of the squad I do want to see him playing in the world cup. Either way i hope Caucau has learned his lesson not to fart ass around. Only america would put up with that bs.

Why are Fiji shooting themselves in the foot by not selecting Caucau?
[/b]
I believe the coach will bring Rupeni on after his suspension expires because Fiji have a couple of injured players on the team.

If lucky, we might see Rupeni in action in the Fiji vs Canada match.

check out this classic footage....Caucau and Fero Lasagavibau...two speedsters.

<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/ObEZibZ157M"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/ObEZibZ157M" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

serves him right! they shouldn't pick him, they need to make an example of him that no matter how good u are, and he is great, u can't stuff around and still expect to be picked.

screw him, leave him out.

In all honesty you've gotta laugh out loud at the things this guy askers for and in his circemstances..LOL

I'd love to see him play but he stuffed up and has to pay the consequences.

Besides its not just the drug thing, he has had an extremely bad attitude in the past and coaches get sick of that.

The latest update is that Rupeni Caucaunibuca has been denied by the chief executive of Fiji Rugby Union to play in the world cup,
But he paid for a physical trainer from New Zealand to train him for another season of club rugby.
Thats the end of him and lets forget about this guy...R.I.P..

shame what a waste of talent the lad could have been one of the true great but instead he decides to throw it away

The latest update is that Rupeni Caucaunibuca has been denied by the chief executive of Fiji Rugby Union to play in the world cup,
But he paid for a physical trainer from New Zealand to train him for another season of club rugby.
Thats the end of him and lets forget about this guy...R.I.P.. [/b]
shame what a waste of talent the lad could have been one of the true great but instead he decides to throw it away [/b]
You guys are talking as if his rugby career is over! He still has another 4 years left in him and I'm sure he'll push for the next world cup! He could even play for a couple of more years after that. The bloke is only 27.

<div class='quotemain'> The latest update is that Rupeni Caucaunibuca has been denied by the chief executive of Fiji Rugby Union to play in the world cup,
Thats the end of him and lets forget about this guy...R.I.P.. [/b]
shame what a waste of talent the lad could have been one of the true great but instead he decides to throw it away [/b]
You guys are talking as if his rugby career is over! He still has another 4 years left in him and I'm sure he'll push for the next world cup! He could even play for a couple of more years after that. The bloke is only 27.
[/b][/quote]

Good point.

he needs to sort his attitude out before he's allowed to play, he doesn't warrant the honour of playing for Fiji

With the laid back attitude he's got he'll probably last for even longer than 4 years. He certainly won't be too stressed mentally (the drugs will be helping that) and the way he trains isn't going to see him suffer from burnout!

He could, theoretically still become one of the greats. I'll never forget the sight of Rupeni dominating the Super 14; physically unrivalled.

This could be the kick up the arse that he needs! But, you know what they say about old dogs.

Latest posts