Rutm 2016?

jondoesgaming

Academy Player
Country Flag
England
Club or Nation
England
Hi,

I am looking at grabbing this ***le while it is on offer on Steam but I thought I had better check that there wasn't a new ***le due to be release with all new updates just around the corner?

Cheers,

JD

If there is, a new one coming out.
I'd like to see 7s included for the Olympics next year.

Hi
We are working on a new version, for next year, but it is in its early stages and is not around the corner, it will be quite sometime before it will be ready.

Kind Regards
Dave
Customer Support

Good news, thanks Dave ! May be a bit early but is there any plan for a Mac version ?

Good news, thanks Dave ! May be a bit early but is there any plan for a Mac version ?

That is certainly our plan

Kind Regards
Dave
Customer Support
Alternative Software Ltd

Any chance of a reply to my email Dave? I've been putting in some work for you.

Any chance of a reply to my email Dave? I've been putting in some work for you.

Hi
Sorry if I have missed your email, please confirm the subject line, and when it was sent. I will then search my emails and get back to you a.s.a.p.

Kind Regards
Dave
Customer Support
Alternative Software Ltd.

Hi James,

Just realised who you were :).
Many thanks for supplying the player data.
It is really appreciated by the programming team and I am sure it will prove to be very helpful.

Kind Regards
Dave
Customer Support
Alternative Software Ltd

If there is a new game, I don't suppose it would be possible to work a little bit on some of the Southern Hemisphere structures. I realise that you might not be able to give the players the correct names because of licensing issues, but it would be nice if there was a bit more for Southern Hemisphere fans. For starters, it would be nice if you were to link the domestic and Super 15 franchises.

An improved editor would also be appreciated and would result in more fans of unlicensed teams buying the game.

More ingame tactics, attritional slow rugby etc would also be nice.

I would personally also like to see the match clock operating in more of a Football Manager style.

I think that this series has a lot of potential, and with new fans being won in Argentina and Japan, I really hope this series can grow concomitant with the development of the game in new countries.

National team rakings list
A new system to become the national team manager , you must work for it and mayby have a fout year term then get sacked or renew depending on performance .
Player personalities - Conservetive ( Spelling ) so he plays deep and kicks more / Handre pollard - Attacking - like to take on the line himself and plays flat , Daniel Carter - balanced - does both , so you pick your players according your gameplan if a say put morne steyn in a attacking team that plays flat and run the ball he will struggle , mayby all his stats gets penalized by 10 or 20

A new match engine as said in a million other posts , if you keep the same one make the field bigger and focus a bit more on kicking please .

Weather - Rain - handling Att is penalized so you kick more
- Normal day - nothing is changed
- Hot weather - players tire faster
This will also add more to the game and make it more tactical

Hi John,
As mentioned in another thread, we will certainly be looking at your ideas for a new version of RUTM with much interest.
We really appreciate your continued support for the game.

Kind Regards
Dave
Customer Support

- - - Updated - - -

Hi
We are grateful for your ideas, and we will be looking at them in detail, as we work on the new version for next year.
Kind Regards
Dave
Customer Support
Alternative Software Ltd

There is a lot of positives from the 2015 game. The 2016 game is now the chance to really get Rugby Management games noticed.
A few features i would like to see is:

Unlicensed players and teams have their names miss pelt by one letter eg Richie McCow so it is easier for us to edit.
More competitions eg World Cup every 4 years, more leagues in nations eg Japanese league, ITM Cup, Curry Cup and be able to run competitions like Super 15 and ITM Cup together without duplicating players ect.
No relegations from leagues that dont have relegation in them eg PRO 12, Super 15.
Weather Conditions have an impact on the match.
Commentary bar when watching match.
As mentioned before the advantage rule would be a great addition.
Club or Nation shirt colors when watching match instead of black and white.
More interaction with players eg praise to raise morel ect.
Maybe have rugby league players on game so you can sign some to union.
A wealth of Real name managers and other backroom staff, again if licensing is an issue same again as players eg Graham Henry is Graham Hanry
Managers leaving clubs or getting sacked and replaced with other real name managers.
A realistic wage cap and realistic wages for players.
All competition, club, nation logos and player pictures in png format not dds so we can add logos and faces easier.

A better editor.
Swap players from club to club instead of having to create player at club.
Create leagues and competitions with option to add to existing leagues.

Having played Football Manager games i would advise you to have a look at how the features on the game and think there is a lot you could use to make RUTM 2016 even better. I know you want to have a game designed by yourselves but there are a few things from FM that would benefit RUTM especially when a match, i dont mind seeing dots run around the field like FM.

Hi Derek,

Many thanks for your ideas for the future version of RUTM.
All ideas are welcomed.

Kind Regards
Dave
Customer Support
Alternative Software Ltd

Hi Dave - I'm guessing it is too soon to comment on any of the ideas? Are there any areas you guys are keen to develop out of interest?

Hi Dave - I'm guessing it is too soon to comment on any of the ideas? Are there any areas you guys are keen to develop out of interest?
Hi
Yes it is really too early at this stage, the new version will not be until well into 2016, plus in the meantime we are also working on a large player stats update etc. for RUTM 2015, for the new rugby season, this will be a free update, so will give RUTM15 fans yet further enjoyment.

Reference the next version:
We've listened to the vast amount of fan feedback and we are firstly completing a major revamp of the UI as one of our main priorities.
It is still in the early stages at present, but it already looks and feels very different.
As you can appreciate we cannot say too much at this early stage.

Kind Regards
Dave
Customer Support

Thanks Dave. Glad to hear that there are plans afoot. Many things worked brilliantly in the 2015 game, but it is great to hear you are working on more things. One thing that this World Cup has shown up for Bok fans is that calibre isn't permanent - de Villiers and Matfield were once World Class but no longer are, whilst Pollard and de Jager stand a great chance of becoming World Class players. I've often thought it would be nice if calibre also changed in the game - perhaps randomly, but with the chance of it going up being higher whilst players are young and the chance of it going down a bit higher after players hit 30. Some players maintain their calibre of course. Sticking with the Boks, I would say that Habana and du Preez have continued to improve their mental, game-reading attributes, even if some of their raw physical ability has dipped somewhat, hence they are still high calibre players.

Anyway, I am rambling on but I am sure you get what I mean?!

I for one would leave the calibre system out , put in a plain 5 star rating on each player but if the calibre system is kept and i think it will , then as Bakkiesbokke said let it change during the course of the players career , mayby in the colts all the players are amateur as this is still school rugby for fun , when they go to acadamy it goes to professional , then if they play say super rugby it goes to national and then play for their country international , then players that get 20 MOTM awards becomes world class

But also , when the player get promoted , they stay the same calibre until they played 10 games in the higher class matches , this will be great because a player that is promoted is nervous in his first games so his calibre stays the same then is changes after 10 games because he now is use to it , will be nice feature .

When a player is injured or does not play for a few weeks his calibre starts dropping and also as bakkiesbokke said when a player get old the calbre drops agian until the player retires

Hi,

Many thanks for all the ideas, thoughts and suggestions, they are all very much appreciated.
Please keep them coming.

Kind Regards
Dave
Customer Support

Latest posts