• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

RWC 2023 Qualifying

the school didn't let the guy get out of his exams for a World Cup qualifier? sheesh

honestly a good half of rugby; there is potential in the lower teams if they have the opportunity

Kenya squeak it 36-31 and Namibia beat Zimbabwe by around 20.

Playing in the Currie Cup 1st Division for one season hasnt been enough for Zimbabwe and Kenya to close the gap fully on Namibia. Namibia should handsomely beat Kenya and I don't see Kenya troubling the repechage opponents.

If Kenya and Zimbabwe can maintain a professional club team for the next World Cup cycle (say in the Intercontinental Shield) things may look very different come 2027. Whether that sort of stability is likely is anyone's guess.

***i and Lasike are out. Lasike broke his hand against the French Barbarians and ***i is out for personal reasons. If this is just ***i not wanting to play I wouldn't be too surprised. I've always been a little nervous about our homegrown younger guys actually wanting to play with the US when it's just added stress to their life.

Controversial try/ no try goes against Americans. Absolute awful storm for the game lots of mud.

As the saying goes...any win is a good win. :) Go Eagles!
United%20States.png

1657429398378.png

Last edited:
When I saw the conditions I thought the US might win by 10 and Chile be tryless (given the US execute their maul so well given the amount of tries the hooker scores). Epic looking match and Chile did well keeping themselves in it with the unusual strength of their pack (for an inexperienced Tier2).

I have the US to win by 10 at home, but as I say, that Chilean coach is a brainbox who can make everyone look foolish.

Hong Kong squeaks by South Korea.
Apparently Hong Kong played 79mins down to 14. So a deserved win away from home. Korea would have been embarassing against Tonga so at least we'll have a halfway competitive match (given how awful Tonga have been for a couple of years now).

Would have been nice to see Algeria get into their home World Cup. I think we got some sleeping giants in Africa. Really helps that they have friendly neighbors in france and South Africa willing to help.

Would have been nice to see Algeria get into their home World Cup. I think we got some sleeping giants in Africa. Really helps that they have friendly neighbors in france and South Africa willing to help.
Yes, France and South Africa are to be commended. I think the motivation is a mixture of altruism, money (SA will charge for admission to Currie Cup) and potentially to try and elevate allies to a level where they get votes on the World Rugby Council. Regardless, it is positive and I hope it continues even if I'm not mad keen on the way the Algerian and Senegalese sides are essentially exclusively French citizens.

Namibia win 36-0 and qualify for their 73rd consecutive RWC. Kenya to the repechage where despite some ability I cant see them troubling Europe or the Americas.

I'm quite impressed with Scotland's big win over Argentina. :)

Chile have changed 9 (nine) from their starting XV last week. Absolute madness and smacks of a coach overthinking things. Which probably means Lemoine is pulling a masterstroke different gameplan and Chile win. :p

I had US by 10, but I now have them by 17.

Are Tonga bad? Not a very impressive showing in the PNC.

Nervous about today. I wonder what the reason for Chile's changes were.

Latest posts