RWC - No Vuvuzelas!!!

Teh Mite

TRF Legend
TRF Legend
Country Flag
England
Club or Nation
Northampton
Vuvuzelas might be a major part of this year's football World Cup, but they will play no part in rugby's showpiece event next year in New Zealand.
According to the Rugby World Cup website, "airhorns or sound amplifiers including loudhailers" and "musical instruments" and "whistles" are prohibited from next year's venues.
The horns, originally a South African phenomenon, have been selling worldwide since the start of the football World Cup.
Christchurch's AMI Stadium bosses are also considering a ban on vuvuzelas.
VBase chief executive Bryan Pearson said a decision would be made before the Bledisloe Cup match on August 7 in Christchurch.
"We haven't made any decisions. We would be concerned about the potential for them to spoil the experience for fans at the stadiums," he said.
"Given the experience at the soccer World Cup, I can't see that that sort of deafening drone is going to be in any way well received by fans at AMI Stadium."

http://www.stuff.co.nz/the-press/sport/3867751/Rugby-silences-rowdy-vuvuzelas

:yahoo::yahoo::bananasperm::banana_flip::sex011::ps3banana::banana-doob::xena_banana::bananasex::masturbanana::party::drinks::friends::dance4::dance3::dance2::dance::bonne-de::Forum37::carrot::devban::banswor::buddies::cheers:

Dissapointed that musical instruments are banned as in trumpets, because I quite enjoy the old casual sing a long with them, especially as I play one.

Dissapointed that musical instruments are banned as in trumpets, because I quite enjoy the old casual sing a long with them, especially as I play one.

I'd pay to see that... someone who can sing as they play a trumpet!!!

I'd pay to see that... someone who can sing as they play a trumpet!!!

-_- Should have said ... I don't take the trumpet to the Millennium Stadium, as there is no need. But if there is one playing im all for it, brings a good atmosphere.

Banning vuvuzelas is only common sense. Real musical instruments are very good to create an atmosphere, especially in NZ where the crowd seems very quiet. What about the chainsaws in Waikato? Will they be banned as well?

Banning vuvuzelas is only common sense. Real musical instruments are very good to create an atmosphere, especially in NZ where the crowd seems very quiet. What about the chainsaws in Waikato? Will they be banned as well?

Chainsaws? Do you mean cowbells? They aren't a massive problem as not that many people play them. I would like to see musical instruments as they add a lot to the atmosphere.

No I mean chainsaw. Like this

craftsman-chainsaw-35020.jpg

There used to be a guy roaring a chainsaw in the stands behind the tryline in Waikato.

Hes more like a mascot almost and i doubt he'll be there anyway, but either way **** those Vuvuzelas, they can stay in soccer, not in a real mans sport.

The had Vuvuzellas in the crowd for SA vs Italy last week...

Yeah i seen that, even the commentators were talking about how its such a beautiful sound, **** off lol

No I mean chainsaw. Like this

craftsman-chainsaw-35020.jpg

There used to be a guy roaring a chainsaw in the stands behind the tryline in Waikato.

Actually charles, it a Stihl Woodboss, similar to this one

025_grass_600x360.jpg

except that it has the chain removed (for obvious reasons)

boscoworld.1170578820.paul_308.jpg

The guy stands in the basket a cherry picker hoist, winding up his chainsaw as Waikato/Cheifs get close to scoring.

Actually charles, it a Stihl Woodboss, similar to this one

025_grass_600x360.jpg

except that it has the chain removed (for obvious reasons)

boscoworld.1170578820.paul_308.jpg

The guy stands in the basket a cherry picker hoist, winding up his chainsaw as Waikato/Cheifs get close to scoring.

Nothing says, "well done, mate! you've just scored a brilliant try" like the soothing sounds of a stihl woodboss. It also serves as a great compliment to your lady-friend after an act of loving felatio, "great job darling, I salute you with my stihl woodboss," and then let the harmony of piston, and chain create a symphony of "Thank You."

Nothing says, "well done, mate! you've just scored a brilliant try" like the soothing sounds of a stihl woodboss. It also serves as a great compliment to your lady-friend after an act of loving felatio, "great job darling, I salute you with my stihl woodboss," and then let the harmony of piston, and chain create a symphony of "Thank You."

A most excellent sentiment Sir, and one with I which I concur wholeheartedly!!

Hahahaha, people willing to ban their countries instument just to avoid the vuvuzelas... I'd say ban the Haka, as it is also traditional....

Cannot believe that the world feels so threatened by an "airhorn:... HAHAHAHAHA... Must be because South Africa is already dominating world rugby at this stage and they'll do anything to avoid them having any form of advantage/familiarty to to anything... Ban the Bok squad next???

A flippen chainsaw... Hahahaha

Last edited by a moderator:
Hahahaha, people willing to ban their countries instument just to avoid the vuvuzelas... I'd say ban the Haka, as it is also traditional....

Cannot believe that the world feels so threatened by an "airhorn:... HAHAHAHAHA... Must be because South Africa is already dominating world rugby at this stage and they'll do anything to avoid them having any form of advantage/familiarty to to anything... Ban the Bok squad next???

Maybe it's because it's an irritating/offensive noise that is at a deafening level throughout the whole match.
People don't scream "KA MATE" over and over and over and over and over throughout the match

LOL @ you thinking we don't like them cause SA is dominating.

The noise is ******* annoying, period. Even if it were a trend started here in NZ, id still bloody hate the thing. It's constant noise that adds nothing to the atmosphere other then a splitting head ache.

Still funny though, how some people try bring discrimination and "its our culture" into these topics, when people are simply irritated by the noise.

Latest posts