• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

RWC TV coverage in the U.S.?

When will Setanta release their prices for the games? Can you buy the whole tournament, or would it be cheaper to buy the year subscription?

(I am talking about broadband)

You should just make the jump to Directv, for about the same price as I was paying for cable I get setanta, hbo, showtime and cinemax. Setanta is the real deal too, I DVR so many rugby matches that I have to delete some before I watch them, because I run out of space on my DVR. But that's just me.

You should just make the jump to Directv, for about the same price as I was paying for cable I get setanta, hbo, showtime and cinemax. Setanta is the real deal too, I DVR so many rugby matches that I have to delete some before I watch them, because I run out of space on my DVR. But that's just me.
[/b]

I dont have the ability to do that. I want to know about the Broadband. I live in a dorm.

<div class='quotemain'>
[/b]

I dont have the ability to do that. I want to know about the Broadband. I live in a dorm.
[/b][/quote]

can you tell me how much it costs to upgrade to a DVR for direct t.v..i s it expensive ???

and can you tell....if you can still play stored games on the DVR after you cancel it ??

Can someone comment on how Setanta Broadband is? Anyone with past experience using it?

Can multiple people use the same ID and password for Setanta Broadband?

Lets say me and 3 other kids in the same dorm put in money to watch it. Can we all watch it on 3 different computers?

holy **** setanta's on dish network - wow...why didn't they send me an email about it - i've been *****ing for months about not having it - i had now idea it's become available this month, had given up hope completely

this is great!!!

finally rugby and international sports galore - too bad i'm moving in 3 weeks, enough time to catch the free preview till September 9th though!

holy **** setanta's on dish network - wow...why didn't they send me an email about it - i've been *****ing for months about not having it - i had now idea it's become available this month, had given up hope completely

this is great!!!

finally rugby and international sports galore - too bad i'm moving in 3 weeks, enough time to catch the free preview till September 9th though! [/b]
The Circle is becoming complete.

Yes!

The Roundtable of Setanta Rugby Viewers

i haven't watched live rugby in my living room in years! Time to go out and purchase some brewskies...

<div align="center"><a href="http://www.jdoqocy.com/54103ox52x4KNQPOQULKMLPTPPRR" target="_blank" onmouseover="window.status='http://www.mediazone.com';return true;" onmouseout="window.status=' ';return true;">
</div>
4r70vvzntrCFIHGIMDCEDHLHHJJ
</a>

Setanta are a bunch of greedy cocksuckers. I f***ing hate them. They have the rights to every single game, and not a bloody All Black game will be played live. Not a single Quarter. Not a single semi. Not the final. 17 lives games of the whole tournament and the rest is delayed. **** poor. **** poor. Last world cup I saw every game live. f*** you Setanta you money grubing son of a *****.

Isnt Setanta an Irish Channel? meaning it will show gaelic aswell as rugby? [/b]
Yes, we get GAA on Setanta here in the US. We also get Aussie Rules.

Setanta are a bunch of greedy cocksuckers. I f***ing hate them. They have the rights to every single game, and not a bloody All Black game will be played live. Not a single Quarter. Not a single semi. Not the final. 17 lives games of the whole tournament and the rest is delayed. **** poor. **** poor. Last world cup I saw every game live. f*** you Setanta you money grubing son of a *****. [/b]
Are they the money grubbers, or are the original broadcasters the money grubbers? Setanta seem like a company that likes to give their consumers what they want...I've had several phone conversations with them. Broadcasting rights are expensive, and only get more expensive for big events like the RWC. I'm quite thankful to them, as last RWC, here in the US, we only got a few matches on a 3 day delay on FOX Sports World (the FSC).

Are they the money grubbers, or are the original broadcasters the money grubbers? Setanta seem like a company that likes to give their consumers what they want...I've had several phone conversations with them. Broadcasting rights are expensive, and only get more expensive for big events like the RWC. I'm quite thankful to them, as last RWC, here in the US, we only got a few matches on a 3 day delay on FOX Sports World (the FSC).[/b]

Oh they are money grubbers. If you had the exclusive rights to every single WC game would you not play the top matches ie All Blacks games, playoffs ect? Of course you would, the only reason not to is to force people into paying for the premium/pay per view to watch the games people really want to see. Sure it makes a lot of sense from a pure corporate making money scheme, but it screws over the consumer. Setanta as a station to a rugby viewer makes no sense after the world cup anyway. Why pay $180 a year when I can go to Media Zone and pay $100 for a better service and more live games. At first I thought Setanta was great but you know what I don't, not at the price they're selling at. As I said, last world cup in Canada we had every single game broadcasted live. I'm beyond disappointed right now.

15 bucks a month is a good deal for me, i'd much rather watch them live on my TV rather than live on the computer, of course you can do that cable hook up **** but i dont want the hassle.

15 bucks a month is a good deal for me, i'd much rather watch them live on my TV rather than live on the computer, of course you can do that cable hook up **** but i dont want the hassle. [/b]

It's basically no hassle at all, especially if you have a laptop. Plus you get so many more games live for $80 cheaper.

Latest posts