• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

[RWC19 Warm-Up] - Wales vs England

How long though, may they reign?

In the current rugby landscape I'd imagine the number 1 spot will swap around a few teams before the World Cup winner is crowned... also double point at a World Cup so expect a lot of musical chairs.

World Cup winner will hold it for a little while possibly a year due to the points. After that it'll switch a lot unless a team emerges as a real front runner. ABs have only held onto it this cycle because of how far ahead they were in the previous.

Long may they reign
In the current rugby landscape I'd imagine the number 1 spot will swap around a few teams before the World Cup winner is crowned... also double point at a World Cup so expect a lot of musical chairs.
i was thinking more, how long will Scotty permit it? Personally I'll permit you to stay there til the final, or when you play the all blacks, whichever comes first. And you will thank me for my humble generosity.

World Cup winner will hold it for a little while possibly a year due to the points. After that it'll switch a lot unless a team emerges as a real front runner. ABs have only held onto it this cycle because of how far ahead they were in the previous.

Two World Cups and 6 or 7 Rugby Championships will do that... I could well be wrong (probably will end up being so) but I don't ever expect a team to hold it for a decade (their or thereabouts) ever again.

i was thinking more, how long will Scotty permit it? Personally I'll permit you to stay there til the final, or when you play the all blacks, whichever comes first. And you will thank me for my humble generosity.

I throw grass at your offer! :D

Not the greatest game if rugby but tbf but we got the job done and it's much needed form going into WC.

Instead of talking about the ref let's talk about biggar quick think and that awesome cross field kick to pick out north! In a rough game I thought biggar stood out and deserved motm.

To keep England tryless is massive achievement in any game of rugby good solid defensive effort .

And the icing on the cake to be No1 in the world what a great achievement first time in history and well deserved and we have beaten SA , argies (whitewash) Australia a grand slam it's certainly well deserved.

Two World Cups and 6 or 7 Rugby Championships will do that... I could well be wrong (probably will end up being so) but I don't ever expect a team to hold it for a decade (their or thereabouts) ever again.
Honestly I'd reset them after every world cup with starting points based on position. Every team suffers so many personelle changes post world cup it's really not the same team. Rankings can then be used properly as a proper seeding to world cup groups based on their position mid to late cycle and going in to the world cup some indicator of the relative difference between the teams.

Honestly I'd reset them after every world cup with starting points based on position. Every team suffers so many personelle changes post world cup it's really not the same team. Rankings can then be used properly as a proper seeding to world cup groups based on their position mid to late cycle and going in to the world cup some indicator of the relative difference between the teams.

Wouldn't be averse to that in all honesty, it is only 'really' there to produce seedings so as long as it performs that function it's all good.

And how am I academy player I've been on this forum for years , the laws need to be changed damn it

And how am I academy player I've been on this forum for years , the laws need to be changed damn it

Recent change, dictated by the amount you have posted... I think the next benchmark (ironically Bench Player/Warmer) for you is 500.

Recent change, dictated by the amount you have posted... I think the next benchmark (ironically Bench Player/Warmer) for you is 500.
Damn I need to get to work then... With a WC around the corner shouldn't be too difficult!

I barely post here but jesus I've never read so much sour grapes in all my life. The hatred towards Wales and Gatland is quite comical and the sheer disbelief from many posters here on how Wales can possibly achieve the level of success they've had is hilarious.

Most folks calling it a crap game because England could only muster a mere 6 points after putting up 33 last week. I think Wales were quite happy to strangle the life out of them in all honesty, so certainly not a crap game from a Welsh perspective. Had England walked away with a win of the same scoreline it would be considered a fantastic achievement.

Show some humility and congratulate a team on winning 15 of their last 16. No matter how you slice it, that doesn't happen often. The All Blacks have lost 3 games in that same span of time, so Wales deservedly number one in the world on overall current form. Only for a couple of weeks perhaps, but it's nice to reach that accolade and to join a very exclusive club in doing so.

People dislike an incorrect call?

ALL YALL ARE A BIG BUNCH OF RACISTS

There has been a lot of undeserved hate angled at Wales on here long before Biggar played to the ref yesterday... and not all of yesterday's hate was about that one call neither.

If you guys are gonna throw all your toys out of your prams during a bloody warm up, expect people to call you on it!

People dislike an incorrect call?

ALL YALL ARE A BIG BUNCH OF RACISTS
Look man, 15 of the last 16 is a big achievement, you didn't see the Welsh claiming that 18 in a row meant nothing when ye didn't even beat New Zealand or celebrate an Irish victory on test 19.

Wales = Smitty WerbenJagerManJensen fight me irl if you disagree.

Look man, 15 of the last 16 is a big achievement, you didn't see the Welsh claiming that 18 in a row meant nothing when ye didn't even beat New Zealand or celebrate an Irish victory on test 19.

Wales = Smitty WerbenJagerManJensen fight me irl if you disagree.
This is so racist towards English people.
Speechless.

Bit of a strawman, anyway - I said the call was BS, and questioned how Wales got no.1 status off of this win (I didn't realise Australia were that far down the rankings, so it made sense once I'd looked it up the points on offer).
I expected us to lose both of these games, and said as much, and really don't care because they're world cup warm ups and we're giving guys their first caps in the games for some reason.

It's just funny seeing the xenophobia cards being wheeled out. Welsh rugby is built around hatred of the English, you'd have thought they'd enjoy a bit of tribalism.

Let's not forget Alpha Bro's racist tirade against the Scott's for being illiterate earlier this year. Poor sods couldn't even defend themselves for obvious reasons.
I think it's about time he's banned and made to comment on 42.ie articles with the rest of his kind.

Latest posts