• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

[RWC19 Warm-Up] - Wales vs England

So first it went to to TMO review, this the ball was dead which apparently means a quick tap can't be taken.

England were also carrying out a substitution due to HIA of which the replacement player had not entered the field.
Thanks for the clarification. Ref has to restart clock for anything to happen. He doesn't have to wait for yellow carded player to leave the field though.

On a non-ref note, we lose curry, lose Wilson, lose underhill and we are back to being completely incapable of turning over opposition ball or, more worryingly, defending out own. How after all this time has Jones not learned that it is pointless having players fanned out all across the pitch as "options" if you can't get quick ball or any ball. Youngs slows down all momentum and our clearouts are so pitiful we got no go forward at all. Lying on the wrong side aside, our support for players regressed massively to how it was last year. That should NOT be happening and it indicates lessons aren't being learned. We are relying on individuals playing properly to compensate for a team gameplan that clearly doesn't factor the breakdown into it.

We also are still leaving massive amounts of space out wide and Wales exploited that in both games. We still have awful discipline. Everything is pointing the fact that Jones is quite simply not addressing any of England's weaknesses.

Thanks for the clarification. Ref has to restart clock for anything to happen. He doesn't have to wait for yellow carded player to leave the field though.
Think that was oddity of the situation as a quick tap couldn't be taken most refs would wait to restart the game with both teams ready. Subs, chucks the physio's off, let the player off they then kick to touch/goal.

You just don't expect a player to still be leaving the field because usually the ref waits for everything to be over to restart. My question at the time was more one of England technically having a player on pitch who wasn't allowed to be on pitch which is a big no no.

Can I say how frustrating it was to watch that turgid rubbish game whilst everything was going on at the Cricket.

Can I say how frustrating it was to watch that turgid rubbish game whilst everything was going on at the Cricket.

Tune into France v Scotland at 8pm if you fancy watching a bit of head's up flair rugby. Pity it's only on Premier.

England missed Curry and Wilson badly today. They are a different animal with them in the side. I also think 9 is a problem position for England which obviously hinders Ford & Farrell. Youngs is probably the worst scrum half of the four home nations IMO. Another thing, why is it Gatland never seems to be on the wrong end of bad officiating.

?.. why is it Gatland never seems to be on the wrong end of bad officiating.

The irony is it happens but the vast majority of people outside of Wales are blinded by their united want for us to lose... so you don't see it.

The irony is it happens but the vast majority of people outside of Wales are blinded by their united want for us to lose... so you don't see it.
Partially I also think Wales have a SA/NZ/Fra mentality where they'll push the boundaries of what's allowed and a bit more nouce around that area. Than say England (whom have had a discipline problem for ages but don't really push boundaries at the breakdown), Aus or Ire.

Not saying it doesn't happen but some teams do better than other and it is sometimes down to country. Look at Kiwi's when they have to play Wayne Barnes and suddenly they can't away with anything at the breakdown.

Wales are just likely to get a singular bad call, like we did today or last week other try that should of been and England penalty.... But I think they play the ref really well as well as influence. It winds me the hell up but the gesturing does work....

Partially I also think Wales have a SA/NZ/Fra mentality where they'll push the boundaries of what's allowed and a bit more nouce around that area. Than say England (whom have had a discipline problem for ages but don't really push boundaries at the breakdown), Aus or Ire.

Not saying it doesn't happen but some teams do better than other and it is sometimes down to country. Look at Kiwi's when they have to play Wayne Barnes and suddenly they can't away with anything at the breakdown.

Wales are just likely to get a singular bad call, like we did today or last week other try that should of been and England penalty.... But I think they play the ref really well as well as influence. It winds me the hell up but the gesturing does work....

It's actually something we have worked EXTREMELY hard on as we were just fed up of getting the ****-end of the stick.

Tune into France v Scotland at 8pm if you fancy watching a bit of head's up flair rugby. Pity it's only on Premier.

England missed Curry and Wilson badly today. They are a different animal with them in the side. I also think 9 is a problem position for England which obviously hinders Ford & Farrell. Youngs is probably the worst scrum half of the four home nations IMO. Another thing, why is it Gatland never seems to be on the wrong end of bad officiating.
Youngs was really bad today, he didn't really have any plans when he was at the base, very confused as to the game plan.
It is the problem with the current England team, not enough 'proper' leaders and too many 'putting their penny worth in' leading to confused game plans.

Pretty poor game with very few positives for England.

No injuries to either side is good news.
JJ, Watson and Billy all put their hands up. George too when he came on And thats about it.

The back row was unbalanced. Ludlow is not a 7, and Lawes has no business playing as a flanker.
Where was todays back up for Billy? He is being flogged already.
Francis , Big Joe, LCD and Genge were anonymous. Ford not releasing the backs with poor kicking. Youngs looking like it was a training groundrunout....no speed, no desire.just poor all round.

Is May injured or is Eddie saving him for Ireland?
Shame for McConnochie he had to withdraw. 2 games left to impress.
Nowell, Wilson, Underhill and Mako need some gametime too.

I wish another 8 like Ben Morgan was in the squad. The workload on BV is going to be huge with just Wilson to back him up. (Does Ludlum play 8?)

Na I like Nigel Owens DW xx

(Also have never commented on the wider Welsh public who I'm sure are exemplary and upstanding citizens)
Love you all lots

I'd imagine there is a reason that you have given almost twice as many dislikes as likes... and the sentiment you've attempted to portray here is not the reason.

Proper slug fest of a game that, nothing pretty and a little bit of trying your luck won the game. I'd still say that Wales don't look threatening on attack with Biggar at 10, he just doesn't have that passing and running game that makes defenders second guess themselves, perfect example was with the try, Wales had the overlap and his first thought wasn't straighten up, draw the man, ball out in front, it was kick, that to me says that he doesn't trust his skills himself, don't get me wrong it was a fantastic kick but you aren't going to score 2,3,4 try's from kicks. Hopefully the two Ireland games will be an opportunity to see what Evans and Patchell are about, with confidence Patch has got everything, solid passing game, can break the line and has a booming boot to be fair to him, Evans is the same, good feet, mixes up his passing and has a good array of short chip kicks. I've got way more confidence in Wales creating more opportunities with these two over Biggar.

England are looking strong mind, set peice is coming good at the right time, can't see a lot of teams wanting to pack down against them, should be a valuable tool when it comes down to the knockout stages. Probably top two for squad depth at the World Cup as well, can see the side that played last week being the side to take on Tonga, the side that played this week to play USA with the first stringers coming on at around 60 mins and then they should go full whack for Argentina and France with most of the side still being fairly fresh

Pretty poor game with very few positives for England.

No injuries to either side is good news.
JJ, Watson and Billy all put their hands up. George too when he came on And thats about it.

The back row was unbalanced. Ludlow is not a 7, and Lawes has no business playing as a flanker.
Where was todays back up for Billy? He is being flogged already.
Francis , Big Joe, LCD and Genge were anonymous. Ford not releasing the backs with poor kicking. Youngs looking like it was a training groundrunout....no speed, no desire.just poor all round.

Is May injured or is Eddie saving him for Ireland?
Shame for McConnochie he had to withdraw. 2 games left to impress.
Nowell, Wilson, Underhill and Mako need some gametime too.

I wish another 8 like Ben Morgan was in the squad. The workload on BV is going to be huge with just Wilson to back him up. (Does Ludlum play 8?)

Surprising you thought Francis was 'anonymous'. For me, he was one of the few England players to perform.

I'd imagine there is a reason that you have given almost twice as many dislikes as likes... and the sentiment you've attempted to portray here is not the reason.
Right ok.
I generally support people with a message if I agree but if I think people are chatting ******** that I disagree with I don't tend to respond with a message but with an dislike because I cba arguing most of the time.
As I said, I don't care about the Welsh public that much and I'm sure they're not all unsporting arseholes. So please don't take it personally.
Lots of love boyo xx

Right ok.
I generally support people with a message if I agree but if I think people are chatting ******** that I disagree with I don't tend to respond with a message but with an dislike because I cba arguing most of the time.
As I said, I don't care about the Welsh public that much and I'm sure they're not all unsporting arseholes. So please don't take it personally.
Lots of love boyo xx

BS... you say you cba to argue but I often see posts by you looking to incite one.

You're logic is all wrong too, if you simply agree with someone, I'd argue a 'like' is all you need to imply that but if you actively disagree... I personally see it as a bit of a spineless move to simply hit 'dislike' and leave the room. You should man up and back your own corner.

Surprising you thought Francis was 'anonymous'. For me, he was one of the few England players to perform.
Francis did very well, even a couple of hard carries up the middle. Probably England's stand out performer in first half or so.

Latest posts