• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

[RWC19 Warm-Up] - Wales vs. Ireland

Did the commentator on Channel 4 just say that Aki has been at the centre of everything positive Ireland has been doing?

Dave Kilcoyne's dynamism around the part should copper fasten his place in the World Cup squad ahead of Jack McGrath.

Not a great game to be honest. Wales have had all the ball and territory but look impotent with it. Ireland's handling is atrocious.

Evans looks like a Dwarf, but with normal adult proportions. From the Uncanny Valleys?

Obviously the intensity and standard of the opposition is several rings down from last week but pretty much as good a response as can be expected. Very happy. Wouldn't be adverse to getting some key men of shortly.

Goal kicking aside I've been impressed with Carty,
For such a slight guy he's not shy of contact

That was a huge hit, ouch. Didn't see who made it.

Don't know who made the hit but I know Kilcoyne got smoked

But like a Boss, he got up & 2 mins later, he kicks arse & wins a scrum penalty

Him, Ryan & Carty have been the best players on the pitch

Carty has to be in the squad

Ross Bryne runs like he has a piano on his back

Goal kicking aside I've been impressed with Carty,
For such a slight guy he's not shy of contact
I'm a big Carty fan, guy has been great for a while now.

Ireland look very different with his style, would be cool to see Carty and Madigan becoming first choice 10s.

What has he done to upset the Welsh selectors?

From the little I know of Welsh rugby

He's had some concussion issues & hasn't hit the heights of 2017 but the guy is a baller

Plus he covers #10 & #15 which is handy now Anscombe did his ACL

Kilcoyne having a great game. Scannell and John Ryan doing their bit in the set piece but could do more in open play. James Ryan has made a big difference, Hendersom has also been very good. O'Mahony having his best game in a while, Conan and Beirne having been doing well but both have the capacity to step it up another level.

Marmion is having a good game, he was already on the plane but he's wrapped it up. Carty having a good day as well other than the missed kicks. Aki has been decent physically but whenever he has to do something other than run into things he hasn't been up to it. Would have hoped for more from Farrell but hopefully he sees more ball in the second half.

Stockdale doing Stockdale things. Addison started really well but hasn't been too involved since then. Conway hasn't been consistently involved but has been really sharp when he has been, and his run for the first try was class.

Carty is a very good running 10. You'd be good at running away from people if you grew up in Roscommon too. His decision making can be pretty dodgy at times though and he's not great for clearing the lines. I've been impressed with him though he attracts a lot of defenders because he's well able to snipe through and has been really brave in defense too. Goal kicking not great but none of them were sitters either

Latest posts