• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

RWC2011 Infomation

havingaball2011

Academy Player
RWC always begins with an antique whistle and coins â€" I never knew that!

Apparently every Rugby World Cup has had the first match started using these antiques, and they are kept right here in NZ at the Manawatu Rugby Museum.

http://bit.ly/coNVhf

Why…

The referee’s role is critical, it’s a great opportunity for them to be part of history and tradition.
The whistle and coin help authenticate the RWC tournament.
The mana and importance of these items grows year by year.

It’s great publicity for the museum too!

One downside of the whistle and coin is they don’t have “namesâ€.They are called “The Whistle†and â€The Coinâ€.

Speaking of coins... I'm going to put an order down for one of these collectible coins next week...

A932.agcy.pf.s.0.Large.jpg

Ninja, how much is one of those collectible coins?

9pm for the final, does anyone know what time it was at the 2003 World Cup?

Seems pretty late.

9pm for the final, does anyone know what time it was at the 2003 World Cup?

Seems pretty late.

8 O'Clock I think (AU time). It's obviously to do with television audiences. They do it with Champions League games too, the United v Chelsea final didn't kick off until about 11.30 local time.

I think the Late Kickoff is to satisfy tele audiences in europe. cant wait!

whats all this ******** about challenging the haka and what not

That is the iRB's decision. They have decided that teams must not advance on the Haka or any other of the PI pre-match ritual dances. (I can hear the all the wailing and gnashing of teeth from all the PC wankers in the British and Australian media from here).

The iRB say that these rituals are an integral part of rugby tradition, and are to be accorded the same respect as the national anthems.

Personally, I think the iRB have gone over the top here. They say it is an integral part and tradition of rugby, but their reaction tells me that they do not understand what that tradition means. People facing up to and "staring down" the challenge (of the Haka) is what it is all about. Any Maori will tell you that this accords great respect to the challenge. Turning your back and walking away would be considered disrespectful, and cowardly.

I have spoken to a number of Maori members of various rugby clubs today. Not one of them likes what the iRB have done, or thinks it was a wise move.

tha haka isnt about disprespecting your culture..therefore others should not respect the all blacks culture when they are performing the haka

personally i think its part of o'briens plan for nz to win the world cup, remember the french at the last world cup

personally i think its part of o'briens plan for nz to win the world cup, remember the french at the last world cup

Paddy O'Brien is the Referee's manager.

HE HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH IRB POLICY!!!!

I wish you would just stop posting idiotic, ill-informed, ignorant bullshit!!!

Try researching some FACTS before you post this kind of inane tripe!!!

It seems O'Brien is just the easy target for ignorant fools who are too lazy to find out what officials' responsibilities are before blaming them for everything from the Vietnam War to the Haiti Earthquake!!!

We even had an idiot on here in July blaming O'Brien for all the Law changes that had happened over the last 10 years, most of which were before he had even been appointed as IRB RM.

Last edited:
for a self proclaimed intelligent fellow you really have no sense of humour and abit touchy aswell

for a self proclaimed intelligent fellow you really have no sense of humour and abit touchy aswell

Unfortunately text lacks tone. If you were "just kidding" you should have used one of these....:D... its what they are for.

Personally, I think you are using the "humour" angle as a cop-out. (note no smiley used!!)

As for me being "a bit touchy" perhaps its is just because am sick of some the "serial ignorance" being displayed here, of perhaps it is just that I do not suffer fools gladly.

no smileys for the quick reply, even if there was i wudnt use it because its funny reading you and caiverson go defensive over such things (yes im a troll)
but anyways what has caused them to suddenly do this? i mean its a bit out of the blue

Erm, there are smileys for the quick reply. You can simply type them.

Latest posts