• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

[RWC2019][Pool B] Round 3 - Australia vs. Uruguay (05/10/2019)

Uruguay have made a very decent account of themselves, haven't they? Hard not to warm to them.

Remember that their previous generation would get beaten by 120 points at world cups.

Uruguay have made a very decent account of themselves, haven't they? Hard not to warm to them.

Remember that their previous generation would get beaten by 120 points at world cups.
Been hugely impressed by them. Really hope that what with their players being in the MLR the progress will continue.

More importantly, it's 12:30am here and that try just provided me with enough adrenaline to stay up for the next game!

What about the one after that? Could be a belter!

You'll be able to tell by the level a gibberish I'm spewing at the end of that match thread. Although I love to wind up the English so I may be banned by half time.

The missus is working tomorrow so I can get away with morning beers so the world is my oyster this weekend.

Oh well. Wins a win. AAC looked surprisingly nimble on the wing for a retiree.

Oh well. Wins a win. AAC looked surprisingly nimble on the wing for a retiree.
Yup, and we still gotta play Fiji... who looked frightening during the second half against Georgia. You never know how this group will pan out.

Whats the deal with Australia and their tackling? Why can they not tackle legally?

Whats the deal with Australia and their tackling? Why can they not tackle legally?
Probably stems from their love of league where the trade marked 'big hits' are considered illegal in Union.

Probably stems from their love of league where the trade marked 'big hits' are considered illegal in Union.

Yes but its not league and the are professional union players so its not an excuse. I like Australia so this isnt a bag on them....it just seems silly that they cant grasp the laws and adapt to them.

Yes but its not league and the are professional union players so its not an excuse. I like Australia so this isnt a bag on them....it just seems silly that they cant grasp the laws and adapt to them.

I genuinely think it's because Chieka and his team react to every penalty against Australia like one eyed fans rather than coaches.

If you see his reactions during a game he reacts to every penalty like it's a bad decision. Whether it is or not is irrelevant to him, almost like he really doesn't know the rules. He's like that guy in the pub who watches two games a year yelling 'he's offside!' at every ruck.

That kind of one eyed ref blaming is ingrained into the culture of this Australian team, and they are getting left behind.

Obvs but when you have a culture bred into the kids from nappies, as well as a lot of cross-over athletes... it can be hard(er) to make the change than countries where there is no league or more clearly defined borders.

Latest posts