• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

SA support for Kiwis is sickening - what a load of %^$%^$

I really don't think you guys should worry about it.

I'm a long time Auckland and Blues fan, and because of the urban drift and immigration, a GREAT deal of Auckland's population support a team other than Auckland.

Here's a recent example: The Stormers fans at Eden Park. It was like the whole of Auckland's North Shore emptied out to support the Cape Town team.
Also whenever another NZ team plays at Eden Park- there are just about as many opposition fans as there are Auckland/Blues fans.

There's nothing you can do about it, except stick it up them when their team loses to your team!

Exactly ... people are going to choose their side to support for any number of reasons. You might not agree with their reasons for supporting a particular team or even correctly understand their reasons, but it's no use getting upset just because they don't support the local side ... you can't force people to support a team, people are going to support who they want to support.

This article is utter bulls***. Having a racial nag because a number of their countrymen support another "sport" team over their own.

I toured South Africa when I was 18 for a month and we played teams in Jo'burg, Pretoria, Durban, we even went to Windhoek which I think is in Namibia? not very sure, but anyway, one thing I noticed was that it wasn't only the coloureds supporting New Zealand. When discussing rugby after the match we'd go out and the whites would tell us all night how much they love rugby and it is their number one passion and that New Zealand teams have so much to do with how they aspire to one day be great Springboks. They loved our squads as much as their own. We had a game against a high school, umm Bekker I believe it was, Bekker high school and their "white" hooker was a very great player with ball in hand. After the match all he could talk about was how much he loved watching the All Blacks and although he loved the Springboks, whenever they played the All Blacks, even though he loved SA deep down he wanted to see the All Blacks bring some magic and win convincingly with beautiful tries.

What im trying to say is, it's not a racial thing. Whites love our teams too, heck, when I toured Hong Kong the damn Chinese were wearing All Black jerseys.

One thing I remember about that SA tour was when the All Blacks were playing SA we were in a mall and there was a group of coloureds camped in front of one of the tv screens in their All Black gear cheering for NZ. But there were also a few whites not too far behind them up in the heavens when the All Blacks scored. I left that country with the impression that NZ have had a good effect on this entire Nation, not only the coloureds.

Last edited:

Latest posts