• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

SA vs Wales (June 2022 series)

No shame for Wales. Gives a little hope they can have an impact in the 6N and make progress in the soft half of the draw in the RWC.

Pollard is finally attacking the line again. That's a start.

He is our only 10 capable of winning a RWC so the objective is to build on this performance. It's ride or die with Pollard.

That is good. But commending him for attacking the line again is like applauding Eskom for restoring power that they should have been supplying in the first place.

I can't deny the truth of your second point though. He will be the dude at '23 and so I guess we have to hope that there will be a significant build. At the moment, we're very much straddling the line between riding and dying.

Surely it's not difficult to find a decent hooker in Wales

Surely it's not difficult to find a decent hooker in Wales
Some day wales will go a game without a crooked line out call.

I thought willemse exceeded my expectations and should stay above le roux in the pecking order.

Overall it was a sloppy series and both sides need to take a look at things before the cup.

$$$ & Prestige

The world is changing. It doesn't care what you want.
Why should what you want trump what I want ?
It seems Georgia are more likely to join the 6 Nats than you at the moment. And no, we don't want them either.

Why should what you want trump what I want ?
It seems Georgia are more likely to join the 6 Nats than you at the moment. And no, we don't want them either.
It has nothing to do what I want. It's what CVC and the people in charge of the home nations want.

Who wanted the RWC in the USA? Do you think that's what the fans want? Or is that Bill Beaumont and the decision makers? You cannot grow the game with the status quo.

It has nothing to do what I want. It's what CVC and the people in charge of the home nations want.

Who wanted the RWC in the USA? Do you think that's what the fans want? Or is that Bill Beaumont and the decision makers? You cannot grow the game with the status quo.
That's why the game is turning into an embarrassing American Football/ Rugby hybrid, is it ? To grow the game ? Or just make more money ? Because it seems the Rugby has taken a back seat over the idiotic fireworks, music and pathetic Pom Pom wavers, nothing that is actually growing the standard of the Rugby we are all expecting to watch and enjoy.
But just ship it out to the countries with bigger populations so they can sell more merchandise and make more money. Money that is not going into growing the grassroots Rugby game, which is supposed to be the reason for being so mercenary in the first place.

Plenty in Cardiff
I'd gone to watch Wales in the World cup play off final, in Cardiff.

Afterwards in one of the bars we'd met a South African bloke living in Cardiff. My mate asked him if he new of any good dogging areas around the city.

He didn't know of any, sadly. He did however have good knowledge of the local hooker scene.

That's why the game is turning into an embarrassing American Football/ Rugby hybrid, is it ? To grow the game ? Or just make more money ? Because it seems the Rugby has taken a back seat over the idiotic fireworks, music and pathetic Pom Pom wavers, nothing that is actually growing the standard of the Rugby we are all expecting to watch and enjoy.
But just ship it out to the countries with bigger populations so they can sell more merchandise and make more money. Money that is not going into growing the grassroots Rugby game, which is supposed to be the reason for being so mercenary in the first place.
Has rugby ever been healthier? Teams ranked 1-9 can beat each other any given Saturday.

I'd gone to watch Wales in the World cup play off final, in Cardiff.

Afterwards in one of the bars we'd met a South African bloke living in Cardiff. My mate asked him if he new of any good dogging areas around the city.

He didn't know of any, sadly. He did however have good knowledge of the local hooker scene.
And no issues with chucking it in straight

Yeah, Lake is well worth persevering with. He's come on leaps and bounds this season, with even his throwing a lot better. He had 2 (admittedly costly) errors at the lineout today, but he used to be much worse.

I don't think it helps that we lack good jumpers as well, especially at the tail. Rowlands and Beard are good options at the front and middle of the lineout, but none of our backrow options this series are renowned lineouy jumpers. Faletau is OK I guess, but rarely used anymore.

We miss Tipuric hugely here. Imo he's the best offensive lineout jumper in the game, light enough for the lifter to get him up quickly and high, and great hands. Our lineout was a mess when Pivac initially took over when he moved Tips into midfield on attacking lineouts. Come thr 6n Tips was back jumping and the issue went away, then it's been a mess again whilst he's been out injured. Shingler was another excellent backrow jumper when he played.

We need to identify and develop more options, e.g. can Basham be an option like Tips was? Very similar build.

AWJ still has a role to play. Past his best but can still add something. I didn't think he was particularly bad today. He's still coming back from injury and stuff too but guess his place on the bench is still, in part, owed to the lack of good locks we have coming through.

Latest posts