• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Saints Row

T

The TRUTH

Not long now before the much anticipated Saints Row hits stores in OZ & NZ.

If you have pre-ordered Saints Row from EB you would have recieved a free demo with just over two hours of game play that would of tickled your testies....

...After playing the demo i'm really looking forward to SR... it's pretty much like GTA with better graphics.... so i wanna know..

Who else has played it? or is looking forward to it?

Originally posted by St Helens RLFC@Aug 20 2006, 10:37 AM
Is this a 360 exclusive?
Yeah, I'm pretty sure it is.

Looks good, although have heard mixed reviews of the demo - not played it myself so will wait for some reviews etc. In principle though it sounds great, fully customizable character and a lot of different types of mission etc. It's a shame you can only choose the one gang to start with though, but maybe that is something for a sequel. Think it will lose out as it's originality points have been taken by San Andreas, but reckon it will sell well.

ATM it's 360 exclusive

If it does really well on 360 i don't see any reason why they couldn't just port it to playstation.

For the moment i'll be happy that my 360 seems to be finally giving me something exclusive just so we can stick it up the playstation fan boyz :p

Heres the Saints Row forum... http://developer.saintsrow.com/forums/ theres alot of good info about the game on there.

i got the demo and its bloody awesome

definately getting this along with Madden 2007 on same day

the aiming system is alot better than GTA, so the gun fights are alot better

smoking bongs/pipes/spliffs , and drinking beer/wine/spirits on the park bench is mad fun :lol:

Sweet. Pre-ordered it a couple of weeks ago from GPStore. Get a free wanky faceplate.

Can't wait.

Quite a few reviews of this up now. A selection of them are here. Seems to have shaped up REALLY well, some even saying it betters San Andreas. Whilst it obviously has the edge graphically, I am really keen to see how this plays.

Reckon I will probably buy it (well thursday is pay-day for me) when it comes out on Friday. Shame I'll miss out on the wanky faceplate by not pre-ordering...

the depth of the game is questionable

the map is like half the size of san andreas

but the content within these shallow depths is great

i only have the demo but have had great fun in the small hood i can explore

explosions and animations are way better than GTA:SA

the fact u can see 4 blocks down the road also adds to greatness

there's no weather or night time in the demo either.......so full version will really come good in this part

shooting scenes are alot better than GTA coz of the aiming system alot more user friendly............

but the fact no bikes, planes, choppers to fly around in will hurt the game IMO

But apprantly according to reviews, there are alot of good side missions which surpass GTA's side missions, to make up for the lack of transport in SR.

its a must buy........

Madden is definately delayed until sept 14th atleast, so im all ampt with no game to play. Im thinking of getting his on thursday. It will be an impulse buy as I know nothing about it. Is there hand to hand combat, bats, knives tc aswell as guns, is their blood and rag doll?

Some people hav been saying that although the demo supported Widescreen, the actual game does not?

if i had a 360 i would definatly get it, also i would get live as well just to be able to play it online

this sort of game would be awesome as a MMO :) i am surprised one hasnt come out already

Game is out everywhere but my local EB

I am going to kill them :wall:

still trying to find other stores that will take my impulse order

Its great Ceejay - must buy trust me

www.gamerankings.com should give the best rounded feedback of the game

like GTA - u can biff with fists/feet........baseball bats, copper clubs, an array of guns knives and even beer bottles..........i sculled a beer last night...and in total domination of sculling my dude threw the empty bottle on ground and hit a sleeping bum, awoke him, and he wasnt to chuffed....i then lit up a spliff to ease the stressfull moment.....screen went blurry, and when i came to....drank another beer :bleh!:

Dont they usually ban this kind of game in Aussie?

I will buy from eb so i can exchange if i dont like it. I didnt preorder though, so i might miss out.

Originally posted by CeeJay@Aug 29 2006, 05:00 PM
Dont they usually ban this kind of game in Aussie?

I will buy from eb so i can exchange if i dont like it. I didnt preorder though, so i might miss out.
somehow it passed

got no idea how........its region free......perhaps they just lapsed on the banning coz we can buy from anywhere at end of day

When they banned GTA years ago they said that anyone caught importingit would face a severe fine, and if you already owned it they encourage you to turn it in. This was all over rocking cars and prostitutes, and yet they seem fine with substance abuse and murder!!

So it does no hav pal or NTSC? why cant madden b like that? wed be playing it now!!!

Originally posted by CeeJay@Aug 29 2006, 05:24 PM
When they banned GTA years ago they said that anyone caught importingit would face a severe fine, and if you already owned it they encourage you to turn it in. This was all over rocking cars and prostitutes, and yet they seem fine with substance abuse and murder!!

So it does no hav pal or NTSC? why cant madden b like that? wed be playing it now!!!
EA wont region free their games

THQ does i believe - just heard around the grounds that u can import this Saints Row from Asia

It doesnt matter in the end

The web lets us buy from NZ and UK, which are pal

I got GTA:SA from GPStore.co.NZ.............man u kiwis are good for something atleast :p :p :p :bleh!:

In all seriousness though - unless it was banned or editored across a full region, NTSC or PAL, there is no way possible to prevent an individual from getting their hands on what they want

If I already own something, and paid for it.............unless deemed illegal beofre i purchased it..........its rightfully mine indefinately...except semi automatic guns........which are puss anyways compared to the kolitchnikov :bleh!:

Rant over - i need this game

A video review of this can be seen here. If you look at the HD version you get a pretty good idea of the game's graphics.

Ive read a few reviews, it sunds pretty sweet.

Can you do stealth kills like in gta?

Just picked up my copy today :bana:

It should go well with my brand new BIG ASS LCD HI DEF WIDESCREEN telly (f**king awesome i might add) :cheers:

ps.Madden 07 was released yesterday ,but when i went into EB today to pick up a copy (with SR) they were already sold out :wall: .... and i cant find it anywhere else :(

If you want Madden ,make sure you ring your local EB soon ,before they run out.

Madden, what the hell!! the pal version is delayed!!! your talking bout 360 version right?

Does saints row work on wide screen ok?

Ak, your in aussie, whats the word on madden?