• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Salary Cap Investigations

Hmmmm. This strikes me as nonsense. If the penalty for infringement was automatic relegation then fine. But putting a club in position where they cannot escape further sanction due to contract law is just stupid.

Also despite much gnashing of teeth I simply don't believe (yeah I know) they are the only offenders. There's some pretty persuasive prima facie evidence that others have been skating on thin ice. Punishing one but not others would sit particularly badly with me.

I have enjoyed taking my minis section to Saracens. The club aren't just the buggers busting the salary cap. This might kill the whole damn thing. This has real world impact not least of which could be the distortion of the championship depending on how this plays out........

It's also handy for a couple of grandee clubs who are a shambles of their own making with noting to do with the salary cap. I suspect the knives have been readily thrust,.

Hmmmm. This strikes me as nonsense. If the penalty for infringement was automatic relegation then fine. But putting a club in position where they cannot escape further sanction due to contract law is just stupid.

Also despite much gnashing of teeth I simply don't believe (yeah I know) they are the only offenders. There's some pretty persuasive prima facie evidence that others have been skating on thin ice. Punishing one but not others would sit particularly badly with me.

I have enjoyed taking my minis section to Saracens. The club aren't just the buggers busting the salary cap. This might kill the whole damn thing. This has real world impact not least of which could be the distortion of the championship depending on how this plays out........

It's also handy for a couple of grandee clubs who are a shambles of their own making with noting to do with the salary cap. I suspect the knives have been readily thrust,.

Want people to do Saracens favours then don't cheat said clubs.

Keep that same energy when they do a Pro14 and rest all their players in the prem and bend you over in the quarters ;)

honestly I want Sarries to win europe just to see the scenes.

Saracens in November "Saracens Rugby Club is shocked and disappointed by these heavy-handed sanctions and will launch an appeal against all the disciplinary panel's findings"

saracens now " As the new Chairman of Saracens I acknowledge the club has made errors in the past and we unreservedly apologise for those mistakes.

"I and the rest of the Board are committed to overseeing stringent new governance measures to ensure regulatory compliance going forward.''

3mitg8.jpg

I've seen a few tweets saying that for a Championship club to gain promotion they must have complied with Premiership rugby's salary cap regulations for at least two seasons. This would mean that Saracens would have to spend the next two seasons in the Championship rather than just next year. Anyone know how true this is?

I've seen a few tweets saying that for a Championship club to gain promotion they must have complied with Premiership rugby's salary cap regulations for at least two seasons. This would mean that Saracens would have to spend the next two seasons in the Championship rather than just next year. Anyone know how true this is?

Ooh ****.

Joosee.

Want people to do Saracens favours then don't cheat said clubs.

honestly I want Sarries to win europe just to see the scenes.

Happy with that assuming whiter than white rather than stabby mctwoface.

Go past 3or4 speed cameras and try it's not fair already got 1 fine, or he was going just as fast. I am afraid I believe if you can't do the time don't do the crime. How many people, even casual fans, did not think the fezzes overspent? When you have 2 good first teams it's no wonder you win cups, or should I say you buy cups.

Does the championship have a salary cap? And if no one will take players are we seriously going to see a championship team thats capable of winning the champions cup haha.

Agree its harsh and they wasnt given much chance but they needed to drop 2 mill... it not like its a small breach so i get it. I wonder how many they will release and where they will go. What is the likely outcome with regards to player?

I think the point is that Saracens and probably mainly Wray gambled that they wouldn't be ruled against and punished. Remember it was known it was coming during the world cup. They could have taken steps to get inside the cap much earlier and didn't, so this is still their own fault.

I personally feel they should be given the rest of the season to sort it and then be automatically relegated if they breach it again by even 1p in the next 5 years etc... However Premiership Rugby didn't put them in this position, they did it themselves.

"According to Exeter chairman Tony Rowe, Saracens were given a choice: either open up their books for a forensic audit, or accept relegation. Sarries went down the latter route."

Doesn't this indicate that it's actually worse than thought?

Is there anyone other than Rowe saying that?
He's too emotionally invested to take what he says impartially

Well that was on the BBC site so I've no idea if he's the only one saying it or just the only one asked.

Yeah to be fair "Tony Rowe says Saracens are satanic mentalists who have been sacrificing babies to beelzebub" wouldn't be that surprising a headline.

He's got a point but he's not neutral in this. There are reasons other than salary cap for not wishing to play the open books game.

100% clubs have exploited dodgy loopholes in the past.

But it's clear the clubs decided to draw a line under a certain date.
Saracens it seems became the only club to decide that it doesn't apply to them still.

Which what kind of annoys me about Sarries fans crying about clubs being whiter than white.
It's like them talking about their academy and putting the likes of the Vunipola brother in it.

Latest posts