• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Sale Sharks vs Saracens

Flippin Heck, Saracens aint turned up today by the looks of it. Fair play to Sale tho, they are certainly making the most of it. The try just now was fantastic attacking rugby :D

Henson is Cuetos *****. Anyone who says otherwise is a communist.

"Henson got stuck in treacle there for that try," "Is that why he is so orange?" Haha Epic comment.

west_skyline_night_orange_clouds.jpg

In other news: Sarries are getting petulant. They don't like it when they're being completely outplayed, do they!

Sarries' forwards are getting a complete dicking. Bit unfair to critisize any of their backs when that's the case. Wigglesworth is getting zero protection from his forwards, and is having to deal with appalling ball, and a player on his back at every ruck. Good Sale defense, and some nice counter attacking is easily dealing with Saracens attacks, which seem to consist of forwards in midfield!

Full time 28-22 to Sale. Good effort from Sarries to make the comeback, but a massive result for Sale.

Farrell really impressed yet again.

Farrell impressed with his kicking, but I thought his decision making and passing especially were very suspect. He too often went for some big missed passes, a couple of which missed their mark completely, or if they did stick just allowed the Sale defense to drift out and put Sarries into touch.

The game today for Henson showed how 21 months of not playing rugby made him look rusty. I dont think he is a 13 and today showed why. All game Henson just went through the motions and never really got into the game. For me it was good to see he had a bad game, might bring him down to earth!

hmm. very poor performance from Sarries, especially from 2nd row and back row. burger was really off-colour. still think we deserved the win, despite making countless schoolboy errors and sale playing some very good rugby. why?

goode should have had a penalty try. there was a knock-on just before gaskell went over for his. jones deserved to go in the bin for some cynical play just before half time.

however, these things didn't go our way and we didn't make the most of our other chances. words need to be said in the dressing room.

To be fair, he got f**k all opportunity. Touched the ball twice with not much on both times. It was only after he went off that Sarries started spreading the ball a bit more chasing the game. He had a poor game, and probably needs to see the ball a little more at 12. Barritt didn't show much in that role, with next to no distribution from him out to the outside backs, but again he was playing behind a beaten pack for the majority aswell.

Todays game was kinda what I was expecting from him after being out for so long. It'll take him time to get back up to speed, everyone but him knew that beforehand, I hope the Sarries continue to give him opportunities.

Henson wasn't even in the game. Outstanding performances from Cueto, Hodgson, Farrell, Bell & the entire Sale pack, yet all the discussion everywhere is about that arrogant Welsh ****-rag. Sums up the celebrity factor really.

Austin Healey put it best: "Draw a line under talking about him and let's not mention him until he actually does something worth discussing".

Henson wasn't even in the game. Outstanding performances from Cueto, Hodgson, Farrell, Bell & the entire Sale pack, yet all the discussion everywhere is about that arrogant Welsh ****-rag. Sums up the celebrity factor really.

Austin Healey put it best: "Draw a line under talking about him and let's not mention him until he actually does something worth discussing".

Holy sh*t, Austin Healey actually said something worth paying attention to!
He is being over hyped, it's obvious its gonna take him time to adjust to being back on the rugby pitch. Will be interesting to see if he can in time for the 6 Nations.

Most Welsh people only watched the game to see how he, Peel and at a push Gill fared.

More on topic though, thought Gaskell was very good. Any chance he'll be involved in the England setup anytime soon? Great return for Sheridan aswell, he carried the ball as well as most 8's. Also hope Cueto's injury isn't serious, as he was probably the standout player on the field.

Most Welsh people only watched the game to see how he, Peel and at a push Gill fared.

More on topic though, thought Gaskell was very good. Any chance he'll be involved in the England setup anytime soon? Great return for Sheridan aswell, he carried the ball as well as most 8's. Also hope Cueto's injury isn't serious, as he was probably the standout player on the field.

yep, performance wise it was a very good day for a number of sale's english players. Hopefully Gaskell will be around to partner Lawes in a revamped post-RWC England setup.

That'll ding-dang-do for me :D
Shame we couldn't get the 4try bonus, but they seemed to take the foot off the gas in the second half, but I'm extatic about the win :D
Surprised how well Bell went, and Tonetti had his best game so far too
Also looks like Peel is getting some form back - maybe it's because he was up against his old Sale #9 rival, but that was his best performance in a while

I have a feeling Gaskell is going to be used at 6 by Sale in the near future, he's not got the grunt in the second row that Jones and Ormsby (and to a lesser extent Rouse and Lewaravu - Jones is the only thing keeping our lineout in line atm as well, though Gaskell is decent in the lineout too) have, and his athelticism is put to good use in the back row, but at 6 he'll be up against a whole load of other players (Croft, Robshaw, Haskell etc.etc.etc.) so can't see him featuring there
He did play lock for England u20s at the Jr world cup though, so hopefully he'll still get used there (and I think he'll get time at lock at Sale, either as a sub or reshifted lineup)
The guys only 21, so will have a long career ahead of him (if he stops getting injured) - Think him and Lawes could make a top lock partnership at some point

yep, performance wise it was a very good day for a number of sale's english players. Hopefully Gaskell will be around to partner Lawes in a revamped post-RWC England setup.

Latest posts