TRF_Cymro

Cymro The White
TRF Legend
Country Flag
Wales
Club or Nation
Barbarians
_47283463_0609norton.jpg

Australian back Sam Norton-Knight has left Cardiff Blues to join Japanese side Sanyo Wild Knights.

Norton-Knight was capped at full-back, but failed to make a success of switching to fly-half with the Blues.

Instead he eventually lost the number 10 jersey to Ceri Sweeney and the Blues have signed Scotland's Dan Parks.

Blues chief executive Robert Norster said: "Sam is a talented athlete and rugby player that sadly we did not see fulfil his full potential."

Norton-Knight made his Blues debut against Edinburgh in September 2009.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/rugby_union/welsh/8738973.stm

Good move for all concerned. If Norton-Knight was under contract, I assume his new club had to pay a fee to push the deal through. Any chance that fee ends up in Xavier Rush's pocket as a bonus for staying?

Probably, would make sense tbh. Japanese clubs have a fair bit of dosh too, so I wonder how much they payed for him. I feel slightly sorry for the guy, but he was pretty shite while he was here in Cardiff. Hopefully he'll find a bit of success in Japan.

i got the impression he just wasnt up to scratch in pro rugby
in my mind moving to japan at 26 clarafies that

To be honest, the Blues just wanted shot of the guy, so might not have asked for much to release him from his contract. It's a pitty, as he does have some talent, but needs to give-up on playing at 10imo. he should stick to what he's best at and play fullback. He might become a decent player then, but last season will have set him back years. Obviously no offers from Austrailia?

To be honest, the Blues just wanted shot of the guy, so might not have asked for much to release him from his contract. It's a pitty, as he does have some talent, but needs to give-up on playing at 10imo. he should stick to what he's best at and play fullback. He might become a decent player then, but last season will have set him back years. Obviously no offers from Austrailia?

The Rebles were interested from what I heard but I you dunno. Presume he will have a season or two in Japan and then go back to Italy.

The end of an almighty cock up.

Where it all went wrong is he said/the blues accepted the notion that he could be a top class 10. The guy hadn't played there for two years and got thrown in at the deep end. He was always going to be under pressure.

Blair is by far No.1 choice at fullback so SNK won't be missed. I do think he is a talent though, would have liked to see him go to france, I think he would have fit in well.

Latest posts