• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Samoa v USA

A

An Tarbh

Decent enough start for Samoa in this one but what in the name of Christ is Barnes doing going for the tmo on that try, they're taking the **** in this tournament with some of the decisions they're sending the way of the tmo.

12`-0 now to Samoa.

Ah, but you do know Wayne Barnes couldn't organise a **** up in a brewery, let alone make a tough decision on his own such as awarding an obvious try in a dead rubber match.

Good moments from Samoa, but they have had a very poor tournament and this win should have been sealed at half-time.

I think Samoa have been playing with a bar of soap in this tournament.

Well done Manu, pick yourselves up and get back to form.

nice effort from the states at the end, dissapointed with the scrum that took 3 minutes to finally get right and perhaps maybe that call that samoa grounded it right before that (it didnt look like he had control of the ball)

USA played much better in the second half, Samoa just let them play. Very disappointing end for Samoa, although they survived by the skin of their teeth.

That winger of yours.. i thought it Habana i disguise!

Also, i hope Mounga is ok. Last news i heard after the game last night was that he was regaining feeling in his limbs.

The right winger- Ngwenya right? Jeez, that bloke can scoot! Should be an interesting matchup against Habana on Sunday.

Brilliant game really. Both sides fronted up, and played some excellent rugby under very trying conditions. I was particularly impressed by the way that the Eagles never gave up, and came back so strongly in the second half. But all credit to Samoa, holding on very well in the end. Did enough in the first half to have deserved the win I think.

The right winger- Ngwenya right? Jeez, that bloke can scoot! Should be an interesting matchup against Habana on Sunday.

Brilliant game really. Both sides fronted up, and played some excellent rugby under very trying conditions. I was particularly impressed by the way that the Eagles never gave up, and came back so strongly in the second half. But all credit to Samoa, holding on very well in the end. Did enough in the first half to have deserved the win I think.

[/b]

They blew three easy sure fire tries, the score should have been 40-3, with the Americans heads down. Instead Samoa can't execute and the USA come storming back. The US were lucky not to come away with a real hiding.

bokmagic, apparently Ngwenya is from Zimbabwe, and i remember Zimbabwe being at previous RWC's.

I liked Zimbabwe in those days, as a minnow team they were pretty good and had some real potential with players emerging.

Being South African, i'm sure you know more about them than me, but it very disappointing to see that only Namibia are a recognised team in Africa now away way after the Boks, and Zimbabwe are nothing.

When you see players like Ngwenya, makes you wonder.. if Mugabe wasn't such a **** the how would have the sport grown in Zimbabwe?

Kenya also impressed at the Sevens.

well done boiz, a win to top off Samoas poorest ever world cup showing. I think Samoa should stick with the core of its team they have now, work hard on its set piece and get them to gel together better and we should b a minor force come next world cup.As the sign sed at the Samoa/USA game, '2011 The Manu Samoa Strike Back!', I have no doubt about it!!

well done boiz, a win to top off Samoas poorest ever world cup showing. I think Samoa should stick with the core of its team they have now, work hard on its set piece and get them to gel together better and we should b a minor force come next world cup.As the sign sed at the Samoa/USA game, '2011 The Manu Samoa Strike Back!', I have no doubt about it!!

[/b]

I agree with that entirely. They looked good when they didn't drop the ball but had some really nice passing when they tried. Maybe they tried a little to hard, but i think this team is good, but they need to play more as a team and most of them will be young enough the next RWC, except guys like Henry Tuilagi.

First half looked promising but the boys just let themselves in the end once again. Really shows what has been a poor campaign by Samoa. Although there were many injuries mounting up to 12 there should have been some depth in backup, but i think thats where we failed. Filipo Levi's importance showed when the lineout without him was a shambles. Justin Va'a also was a big blow.

On another note the Sevens squad is in training, players coming back from the winning team in HK is Lolo Lui, Jerry Meafou, Simaika Mikaele, Alatasi Tupou out of 26. Suprise omissions are Uale Mai and Mikaele Pesamino, but maybe ***i is giving the others a chance to show their stuff.. in saying that Mai and Pesamino might be 'shoo ins', that is if they aren't playing for a club or are injured.

I went to this game last week, and it was nice to see Samoa's first half. Pity that they didn't have the power to run away with it in the second, though it was good work by the US to keep the pressure on in this period. The best part of the game though was when the Manu team thanked the crowd after the game - doing their war challenge for all sides of the ground - but the best best part was when Brian Lima stripped off his shirt to lead the team in the final challenge. He has a bod that rocks for a 35 year old! St Etienne went nuts!