• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

San Diego Sevens

<div class='quotemain'>
aye i meant next years!!

i am really suprised the usa isnt a lot better at 7's, thats the one thing about usa rugby that no one can deny is that we've got some athletes, and 7's with its more open format im surpised we dont see those athletes shine more often!
[/b]

It's because the brothers aren't playing, you've got to get them in the game. They are your "athletes".
[/b][/quote]

Tell that to matt jones and his 4.37 :unsure:

it'd probably be a 4.4 or 4.49 close to 4.5 40m

not to mention the guy is 6 foot 6 inches, has a 40 inch verticle jump, and weighs over 230 pounds... now thats the kind of players the usa needs for rugby

I moved a little over a year ago from San Diego. If you can make it, go...it's beautiful. I trained with OMBAC (the team which won the 2006 Super League, our highest competition) at their grounds, which is part of the San Diego Charges Football complex (called Qualcom Stadium, and the rugby pitch is called "Little Q').
I miss it...it's just too freakin' expensive. Sunshine tax will get you everytime.

in the 40 yard test sprint

he scored a 4.37 second 40 yard
[/b]

Name another cracker with those stats. On top of that you know those athletes will never be available for USA rugby, so don't get your hopes up.

jeremy bloom ran a 4.4 or something

aj hawk ran a 4.5 or something and he's absolutely huge.

Vernon Davis, a beast of a man, ran a 4.34.

PH2006010201848.jpg

Look at those hamhocks!

exactly!!!

could you imagine someone his size on a rugby pitch?
[/b]

But they never will get out there. Those athletes are already going to be taken by football, basketball, baseball and even hockey are going to take their fair share. Hell lacrosse is going to get more of the high end athletes than rugby.

talking all these stats...you know they are the lest of matters on a rugby field..sure you can have the speed advantage but its how you use it...someone like caucau who is "practically" a prop forward would run circles around any of those players hahaha..

the funny thing is his 40 time would proberly be 2hours..(due to "missing" the actual sprint test only to turn up late with an excuse like.."oh i didnt have breakfast")

but yup yup cant doubt the americans..if their "gotta dominate the world" mindstate and "we are americans..the rest of the world are enemies...they must sucumb under our rule or else!!!" attitudes were pointed at rugby they would be a very exciting and powerful team..potentially they are ok at the moment but meh...not enough a nudity,violence or drugs in rugby to give them the financial push for better rugby

just watched some of the sevens this weekend in a local bar - enjoyed watching the fijians with their goose steps and other great moves - saw SA win one of the trophies - didn't come away with too much though most of the coverage on versus was quick highlights so each game took like 2 minutes - plus couldn't have the sound on because of f**king college basketball was on.

I missed the San Diego sevens, oh well, the Hong Kong Sevens is next which starts on 20th march.

Latest posts