• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Saracens v Munster

<div class='quotemain'> Aaaaadvance the flag of Sarries!

In Watford town, I take my stand,
[/b]
Good. Match is actually on in Coventry.
[/b][/quote]

Well that was a good five minute adapting Dixie wasted then...

Well the game has started and Sarries have made a good start with a great count attacking try.

I would say alot of the play has been in Munster's Favour tho.

Referee was shocking. Every 50/50 call went Sarries way (eg. the offside against Mafi for being ahead of the ball) Munster definitely underperformed but fair play to Sarries, did not look out of place in a HEC Semi.

Toulouse in the final, what a game that will be.

sarries were heroic throughout and performed far better than I expected. Cant knock the ref like Munsterman as Munster were offside all game(as usual). Good news for me as I can now sell my final tickets for a shed load of cash to some drunken Munster fan. Shame for Sarries and Richard Hill in particular but the final will be between the two best teams. Hope Toulouse can cause some real heartache for what I view as the most annoying fans on the planet.

sarries were heroic throughout and performed far better than I expected. Cant knock the ref like Munsterman as Munster were offside all game(as usual). Good news for me as I can now sell my final tickets for a shed load of cash to some drunken Munster fan. Shame for Sarries and Richard Hill in particular but the final will be between the two best teams. Hope Toulouse can cause some real heartache for what I view as the most annoying fans on the planet. [/b]

Sour grapes I see....

I think the best team won, Sarries got a tad lucky on some of the reffereeing decisions but you make your own luck... valiant effort, if we'd just managed to recycle the ball one last time....

haughton has to at least make the Saxons.

Cant knock the ref like Munsterman as Munster were offside all game(as usual). [/b]
Ahhh there was a stage there in the second half when the ref was calling them for anything and everything. Some justified, some not. Overall i dont think they were sinned against more than Sarries, but I can unserstand what the fans were thinking.

Hope Toulouse can cause some real heartache for what I view as the most annoying fans on the planet. [/b]
They annoy everyone because they do their job better than any other bunch of rugby fans on the planet. Begrudging them wont do you any good, just drink up and join in, cause they wont go away.

I didn't find anything too wrong with Owens, it was the touch judges calls which were more borderline. O'Leary and O'Gara's kicking was woeful today, if they do that against Toulouse they'll be in serious trouble, again though O'Connell seems to be getting back to his best, O'Callaghan needs to cut down on the penalties, lucky not to be binned today. 4 weeks though is plenty of time to get things right even if it also means Toulouse getting back more players but that will only go to making it a better spectacle.

I watched the game. It was shaping up to be entertaining game until the rain came, after that it went pear shaped for me.
Munster just looked the better today, impressive line out work by them. I wasn't impressed by the lack of support the Sarries showed for the player with the ball in hand. They lost the game at the breakdown imo.
What was up with that whole Visage scene? I've never such a mess on the sideline, nobody knew what was going on.

I hope the final is better, I was not impressed in general.

At the end of the day, sarries played their hearts out, but the better team won. Simple as.

I don't think saracens lost it at the breakdown, they lost it through huge gaps which suddenly appeared which let in two easy tries.

The ref was frankly confounding all the fans. One minute yellow carding one guy, yellow carding another and then awarding a rash of random penalties for both teams.

the game was superb and i will be supporting munster against toulouse...

Fair dues, Fezzies. Munster lucky to get out of that one in the end. What was Leamy thinking with the stamp?

Kicking from both sides was fairly poor.

Sarries found a lot of holes with their heavy runners (bit like London Irish yesterday), and Toulouse will be thinking of carving us up next month. Vice versa, darling - vice versa.

I think the difference was experience - Sarries didn't know how to balance their defence when the attack gathered pace. They certainly made a bad collective mistake for Munster's second try.

The yellow cards were deserved, but ruined the second half.

Hard luck to Sarries, I thought they'd win it.

Munsters kicking was atrocious, and Leamy is an idiot for stamping at the end.

Quinlan frightened the shite out of me at the end when he grabbed hold of that Sarries player, thought Owens was going to reverse the penalty for a second.

I think the difference was experience - Sarries didn't know how to balance their defence when the attack gathered pace. They certainly made a bad collective mistake for Munster's second try.[/b]

What summed it up was in the last minutes when Sarries had the ball, about 25 meters out. They should have done a DG like they did against the Ospreys. Instead, Census Johnston went gung-ho and essentially gifted the ball. A more experienced team like Munster, Wasps or Leicester would have patiently rolled through the phases and then flicked it back for a comfortable DG....

Watched the game yesterday and I thought the ref was atrocious, he didn't seem to know what was going on and he looked really confused at times. Other than that it was a pretty okay game the #11 of Saracens looks quite good and very strong. Can't see Munster beating Toulouse.

Watched the game yesterday and I thought the ref was atrocious, he didn't seem to know what was going on and he looked really confused at times.[/b]

Essentially, the ref was abysmal for both sides. There was a period of 20 minutes where two of the three yellow cards (one for each side, not counting the obvious punch) were seemingly given out at random without any prior warning that a yellow was going to come, him blowing up for increasingly bizarre things (not that we knew what he was punishing one side for of course as nobody could understand what his wavy arms were trying to signify and nobody with a ref mic radio had a clue
what he was saying) and frankly, nobody had a clue what was going on. At one point, I think Munster and Saracens fans alike were united in a genuine fear that the referee had lost his sanity and was about to do something really crazy like suddenly call off the match or something...

It almost ruined what was an absolute peach of a match.

Forgot to mention one of the crucial things a good team will do - score just before half time. Sarries attack broke down at about 36', so Munster had 4' to get the job done: it took them half that time.

True but they didn't manage to quell Saracens after that fully, especially when you most expected them to (i.e. when Saracens went down to 13 men) which shows just how hard the men in black pushed Munster. It points more to Munster having the experience to keep themselves just ahead by a nose.

The reaction from most of the Munster faithful was generous praise and barely contained relief. The last minute or so was a very quiet one of the Red flood at the Ricoh...

<div class='quotemain'> Cant knock the ref like Munsterman as Munster were offside all game(as usual). [/b]
Ahhh there was a stage there in the second half when the ref was calling them for anything and everything. Some justified, some not. Overall i dont think they were sinned against more than Sarries, but I can unserstand what the fans were thinking.

Hope Toulouse can cause some real heartache for what I view as the most annoying fans on the planet. [/b]
They annoy everyone because they do their job better than any other bunch of rugby fans on the planet. Begrudging them wont do you any good, just drink up and join in, cause they wont go away.
[/b][/quote]
If you talk to the real hard core Munster fans they are fed up with the new breed of "casual" fans who have become an embarrassment to their great province. The drunken ***** dessed up as leprechauns with no knowledge of the sport let alone manners are dragging the good name of Munster down. Let us not forget that the average attendance at Thomond park is a tiny 6,850 for all games. This is my overwhelming evidence to prove that they are not the greatest fans in the world but a bunch of glory hunters who let the team down when they dont have one of the glamour sides in Europe to play.