Magners.png

Scarlets.png
Versus%20Eccellenza.png
Newport.png

Date: 1st January 2011
Kick Off: 18:30
Stadium: Parc y Scarlets

scarletsnewport.jpg

Scarlets have won their last five games against the men from Gwent, whilst Dragons only previous victory on Scarlets soil came on 1 September 2007.
Related Multimedia
Scarlets conceded 60 points in a game for the first time at Ospreys on Monday, to end a four match unbeaten run in all competitions. Scarlets only defeat in their last eight encounters at Parc y Scarlets was 18-21 to Ospreys on 2 October.

Newport Gwent Dragons' fixture with the Blues on Monday fell foul of the inclement weather. Dragons have won three of their last four games in the Magners League, but have gained just one victory on the road in the competition since November 2009: 21-16 at Ospreys on 30 October.

Referee: Tim Hayes (WRU, 32nd League game).
Assistant Referees: James Jones, Hugh Watkins (both WRU)
TMO: Nigel Whitehouse (WRU).

Live on S4/C.

http://www.magnersleague.com/matchcentre/6906.php

Lovely Dragons try on 40 mins attempts to hide a very boring first half, 10-3 to the Men of Gwent.

Slightly boring game overall really. Too many errors from both sides didn't help matters. I thought Lydiate was very good, basically carrying the Dragons team on his back. He does everything for them, including carrying ball, tackling and contesting the breakdown. I wonder when his contract is up, as I think the Dragons will get some serious offers for the lad from all over the place. I'd hope he stays at Rodney parade, but at the same time would love to see him in a better team. Opposite him, I thought Turnbull had another solid game, not quite as prominent as normal, but he showed some nice hands when required. It's good to see a forward run with the ball in two hands.

Some patchy performances from both sets of backs I thought. Jonathan Davies stood out for the Scarlets, which was great to see considering it was his firt start since injury. Priestland did alot of good things, but also showed some of his defficiencies on occasion, attacked the line very well though. Tovey unfortunately showed why he's probably not international class yet. His defense was simply shocking on occasions! Missed penalty from in front of posts was unlike him mind. Some great out of hand kicking showed what he can do though.

Both teams will have to up it if they're gonna compete against the bigger sides.

Latest posts