• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Schools Rugby

My teacher wanted to sponsor me to go to Stellenbosch, such is her faith in my rugby... :p sadly.. I have a VERY limited Afrikaans knowledge..

Stellenboch, everything rugby happens at Stellenboch! Every South African Rugby team in existence plays there!

[/b]

Are you people mad ? :huh:

I said the school I was in wasn't that big compared to other schools and only ever produced Marius Delport for the Bulls.

For heavens sake, do you think Maties (*stellenbosch*), one of the most succesfull Rugby colleges in SA, would have only ever produced 1 player....and for the bloody bulls even ?

Let me put it this way stellies is in the Cape, I support the Cape (*WP, Stormers*) but I don't live in the cape, I live in Gauteng.

Keep trying, If no one gets it right I suppose I could tell you later :)

My school "produced" Ieuan Evans and Aled Gravelle (hooker for Scarlets at the mo).
The school is pretty **** for encouraging rugby, that's why i don't like to give it credit.
The teachers would rather see the students from my school go on to play football, like Mark Delaney for Aston Villa and Wales.
[/b]
My school produced Wilf Wooller and Bleddyn Williams, but no one since then :(

My knowledge of Irish schools rugby is very limited outside knowing that Blackrock College is very good. However I also know they produced Brian O'Driscoll, so it can't him him or you definately would have included him on the list.

I don't know - Terenure College?
[/b]

Terenure??? Terenure???!! That's just insulting! That deserves a neg rep! Especially seeing as all the players I named played with Munster

<div class='quotemain'>
My knowledge of Irish schools rugby is very limited outside knowing that Blackrock College is very good. However I also know they produced Brian O'Driscoll, so it can't him him or you definately would have included him on the list.

[/b]

Terenure??? Terenure???!! That's just insulting! That deserves a neg rep! Especially seeing as all the players I named played with Munster
[/b][/quote]

Which bit of "I don't know" confused you?

I was having a guess having already said I have a massively limited knowledge of Irish schools.

That's pathetic.

<div class='quotemain'>
<div class='quotemain'>

[/b]

[/b][/quote]

I was having a guess having already said I have a massively limited knowledge of Irish schools.

That's pathetic.
[/b][/quote]

Well if I name 7 players who've played with Munster it's a bit stupid if you name a Leinster school. If you'd have guessed Pres or Christians at least that would have been logical

<div class='quotemain'>
<div class='quotemain'>
<div class='quotemain'>

[/b]

[/b][/quote]

That's pathetic.
[/b][/quote]

Well if I name 7 players who've played with Munster it's a bit stupid if you name a Leinster school. If you'd have guessed Pres or Christians at least that would have been logical
[/b][/quote]

When I say limited, that doesn't mean a knowledge of which players came from there is the only thing I'm lacking.

It's like me expecting you to know where somewhere like Wymondham College is off the top of your head.

[/b]

It really has to be said that you're a prat...wtih a inflated ego and delusions of grandeur. What makes you think anyone outside of Ireland should even care, let alone pertain, such information regarding Irish schools?

I wish you could read your post again and see how stupid it is.

our school produced rockokoko, afoa, and jarone kaino, tasesea lavea, and a fwe others that are overseas. we have a limit to how many international imports we can have a year..which is 2. last yaer we had two tongans.

How many schools get 20000 - 25000 spectators for a Rugby game, that's Paarl Gym vs Paarl boys high right there.
[/b]
Leinster Schools Cup final March 17 (St Patrick's day), every time for the last twenty five years. That's the commitment the original poster was talking about.

Schools competitions in Ireland really get the game into your bones. And in Leinster the cheer-leading is a throat wrecking, spiritual experience - sod the Millennium Stadium. Ay zigga zumba zumba zumba ...

My old alma mater, Framesby High, is still a little bit young to have really made an impact on overall Bok caps- we`ve only ever produced 2 Boks- Joggie Viljoen jnr(whom I had the privelege of playing with for 2 years in the 1st XV) and Elandre V D Berg, who was capped on the EOYT of 1994. We`ve produced a whole host of sevens Boks, provincial and Super 12/14 players though- not too bad for a small school with approx. 800 pupils, of which less tan half are boys. Yup- more girls than boys in my school days- heaven on earth really!

Latest posts