• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Scolari offered England job

I Want an ENGLISHMAN as the Manager not some other Foriegn ******, English Manager for the National Team... The players have to be English so why the hell should they allow the manager to be foriegn.....

big phill is an awesome manager, and one can only wonder what he would achieve with the players at englands disposal. He is with no doubt better than any of the suggested english candidates, and i for one would be biting the hand off the man, yes he is arrogant, but so is mourinho, they are both WINNERS.

Originally posted by loratadine@Apr 27 2006, 01:38 PM
big phill is an awesome manager, and one can only wonder what he would achieve with the players at englands disposal. He is with no doubt better than any of the suggested english candidates, and i for one would be biting the hand off the man, yes he is arrogant, but so is mourinho, they are both WINNERS.
For once Lora agree with you totally. Whilst I agree with your sentiment Charlie, I just do not for one second believe that Allardyce, Curbishley, McClaren, O'Neill are not good enough.

In a few years time Fat Sam might be, so I'm happy enough to appoint Scolari this time and get someone ready for next time.

Originally posted by loratadine@Apr 27 2006, 12:38 PM
Agreed - there is a fine line between arrogance and superiority. Whilst I think we would all ideally like to see an englishman in the job, the success of the team has got to come first. Give Clive a few more years at southampton and see if he can do the world cup dual sport double...

Scolari is used to getting the best out of big international teams. That's exactly what England need with the bunch of current underperformers. With the team we're able to put out, results shold be a lot better than they are.

england wont win this wc, but who knows with big phill, theres always 2010

I am sorry but the England need a kick/bomb up the arse, and to be honest he isn't going to provide that.

I think we need O'Neill for the job, the man can get the best out of people. He may not be the best at handling everything but we can some pen pusher to do the rest.

Scolari does not have a track record, he won a World Cup with arguably the easiest team to win it with, Brazil. This was a Brazil with Ronaldo, Ronaldinho AND Rivaldo. My grandma could win with that team.

Also he couldn't beat Greece in the Euro 2004 final, a monkey would have used better tactics/players.

So to the track record, meh and bah.

BM

it would be comical seeing him get the job, hes would wheel out dawson and jonno onto the pitch, his starting 11 would be somethig like

1- daved james

2-martyn jonson
3-neil back
4-tony adams
5-richard hill

rw - daved beckham
lw - jason robinson
cm - lawrence dallaglio
cm - bobby charlton

fwrd - matt dawson
fwrd - emile heskey

BM you're spot on with your point about Brazil, a monkey could coach Brazil to the world cup, there's no tactical genius involved when it comes to coaching them imo and he was unable to make use of home advantage in the European championships only winning 2 matches in the tournament. They also had a ridiculously easy qualifying group, so not much to add to his credentials from that either.

Also may I add England should of beaten portugal but didnt because of bad refereeing, and poor tactics from mr ericsson, who relied too much on Rooney.... England need a manager who wont take **** from the players and allow the players to boss them about, but they also need a manager who is able to deal with the media pressure that is almost positive to happen when the person becomes manager... and I feel Big Sam is the man to do the job he will sort out the dressing room, and wont be afraid of the players like sven is at the moment... also i feel Big Sam is not likely to be involved in any scandal like the current manager is... I think Scolari has been chosen as a compromise between the board...

We all know that FA wanted Wenger, but David Dein said it was a no go area...

Originally posted by skysports.com
Scolari pulls out of England race

scolari-phil.jpg

Luiz Felipe Scolari has sensationally withdrawn his interest in becoming England's next coach.

The current Portugal national team boss announced his decision at a press conference in Germany, where he was expected to provide an update on the England situation.

But while the expectation was for the Brazilian to either confirm, or deny, if he had already agreed to replace Sven Goran Eriksson, Scolari declared he no longer wanted the job.

Scolari has claimed the huge interest over the past 24 hours has prompted him to pull out of the process for succeeding Eriksson after the World Cup.

After The Football Association's chief executive Brian Barwick returned to England on Thursday, following talks with Scolari, there was a mass media scrum outside the Brazilian's house.

He has decided the intrusion into his personal life is not something he wishes to live with and he has stated he will not be England's next coach.

"I will not be the next England coach," affirmed Scolari. "I was one of numerous candidates.

"I will be the Portugal coach until the end of the World Cup.

"Last night there were 20 reporters outside my house. I don't like this pressure so I will definitely not be coach of England."

Scolari's decision has placed The FA back at square one in their hunt for a successor to Eriksson.

The Swede is leaving after the World Cup finals and many within the game had been aghast at the possibility of a second consecutive foreign appointment.

The FA are now likely to look closer to home for Eriksson's replacement, with Middlesbrough manager Steve McClaren previously the favourite.

Bolton Wanderers boss Sam Allardyce and Charlton Athletic chief Alan Curbishley have also been under consideration, along with former Northern Ireland international Martin O'Neill.

C'mon, now we want O'Neil to get the job. Although I wouldn't complainabout McLaren getting it.

Originally posted by loratadine@Apr 27 2006, 08:58 PM
1- daved james

2-martyn jonson

rw - daved beckham
Would have been funnier if you could spell peoples' names. Or had any sort of wit.

Thank god for that, well done the media. Problem is, they probably put themselves out of a job now they don't have anything to report on.

BM

Certainly shows he would have been the wrong choice if he can't cope now what chance would he have had for the competitive games.

There's no English manager who's good enough so the FA are still better off looking abroad, if I was Barwick I'd be after someone like Hitzfeld but I can't see the English public reacting too well to a German coach.

The FA made a right balls up of that, why did they have to be so obvious. Surely sending blundering old Barwick to the airport is going to spark a reaction. They should have sent an intermediory, so that they wouldn't be spotted.

Also now, whoever gets the job will always be knowing that they were second choice. Stupid FA, they came across so bloody desperato.

Dear, dear me.

BM

Latest posts