• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Scotland How do we turn this around ?

Edinburgh is more middle class than working class Glasgow...the east coast is generally. And cricket in Scotland? Didn't know Scotland had a national cricket pitch. I think we have one here (no idea where it is)

An athletic stadium in Scotland....probably too cold for it and it wouldnt be cost effective as few athletes train in a cold, rainy climate.

Last edited:
Since I am not very familiar with the history of Scottish sport, I have some questions.
Why are the national stadiums of Rugby and Cricket in Edinburgh, not Glasgow?
Why does Scotland not have a decent athletic stadium? Scotstoun (Glasgow) is an international standard stadium, but the capacity is only 5,000 and normally used by Glasgow Warriors.
Should Scotland go independent, Scotland needs a decent athletic stadium... If a decent large athletic stadium were to be built in Glasgow, Partick Thistle would be happy to move to that stadium, like West Ham United moving to the Olympic Stadium.
b
i assume that the national stadium is in edinburgh only because its the capital of scotland. im sure there will be a decent athletic stadium soon remember about the commonwealth games that are hosted in glasgow so im sure they'll have a decent one soon

So going by that logic the national football stadium is also in the capital of Scotand?

Nope.

Football, working class - Glasgow

Rugby, cricket, middle class - Edinburgh

i assume that the national stadium is in edinburgh only because its the capital of scotland. im sure there will be a decent athletic stadium soon remember about the commonwealth games that are hosted in glasgow so im sure they'll have a decent one soon

Apparently they're gonna convert Hampden Park for the purpose.

Also, Simon, according to wikipedia, Hampden Park's prominence in Scottish football goes all the way back to it being a gentleman's sport - home of Scotland's first football club.

Apparently they're gonna convert Hampden Park for the purpose.

Also, Simon, according to wikipedia, Hampden Park's prominence in Scottish football goes all the way back to it being a gentleman's sport - home of Scotland's first football club.
i did hear that there are working on the grassing at hampden but i dont know much about that

i want wanted to show you's this match of Glasgow vs Treviso it shows so much potential on what to come, Maitland i think is starting to play like he did in super 15 rugby which would be massive for glasgow and scotland and good tries were scored in the match too

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts