• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Scotland RWC 2011

Ya, not great for Scotland, Southwell is a good player and would have been great cover to a lot of positions

Southwells useless did u see him against the all blacks he was scared to tackle. Mossy and rory lamont are much better. Mossy on Ben foden was just awesome

Did you read what I said... "would have been great cover to a lot of positions" In other words I would have liked him in the 30 man squad as backup, not as a starter. I agree that Lamont is better (never seen Mossy play).

Southwells useless did u see him against the all blacks he was scared to tackle. Mossy and rory lamont are much better. Mossy on Ben foden was just awesome

That was an awesome tackle, myself being an England supporter was sort of happy for him to make that tackle.

Then mossy did the exact same thing against italy the next week and he never misses a kick so surely its obvious

Scotland squad:

Backs: Joe Ansbro (London Irish), Mike Blair (Edinburgh), Chris Cusiter (Glasgow Warriors), Simon Danielli (Ulster), Nick De Luca (Edinburgh), Max Evans (Castres), Ruaridh Jackson (Glasgow Warriors), Rory Lamont (Toulon), Sean Lamont (Scarlets), Rory Lawson (Gloucester), Graeme Morrison (Glasgow Warriors), Dan Parks (Cardiff Blues), Chris Paterson (Edinburgh).

Forwards: John Barclay (Glasgow Warriors), Kelly Brown (Saracens), Geoff Cross (Edinburgh), Alasdair Dickinson (Sale Sharks), Ross Ford (Edinburgh), Richie Gray, Dougie Hall (both Glasgow Warriors), Jim Hamilton (Gloucester), Nathan Hines (Clermont Auvergne), Allan Jacobsen (Edinburgh), Alastair Kellock (captain, Glasgow Warriors), Scott Lawson (Gloucester), Moray Low (Glasgow Warriors), Euan Murray (Newcastle Falcons), Ross Rennie (Edinburgh), Alasdair Strokosch (Gloucester), Richie Vernon (Sale Sharks).

squad out a few intresting calls there
daneilli still going and no beattie?

Beattie has had a terrible season, but I still would have selected him however
i havnt noticed him this season to be fair but i thought he would be much a dead cert for the squad.

however it shows the state of scottish club teams that half their world cup squad play abroad.

Beattie has had a terrible season, but I still would have selected him however

Yeah, our cover looks awfully short at 8, with Vernon being the only regular there, it looks like AR is looking at Brown to cover there if Vernon doesn't produce or gets injured. That means we will see Strokosch or Hines at 6 in that event.

Beattie seems to be suffering from having been rushed back from his injury last year, which was his own desire, but hasn't reached anywhere near the semblance of form he had. I felt he should have gone with, give him the games against Romania and Georgia, with Vernon getting plenty of time off the bench, and see what happens.

Alas, AR gas masterminded our only win over Aus in 30 years, whilst my highest accolade was running half the length of the field, only to knock the ball on under no pressure.

In Andy I trust B)

Team looks good, Beattie is a bit of a blow, but I have to say that Vernon is really stepping up.

Danielli had to go after walker got injured. Hines is a great player and i think we should play him in the big games and put brown at 8. Use vernon as an impact player with 20-30 mins to go

Sorry to see Beattie hasn't made the squad. I had (and still have) hopes of him being a Lion in 2013....

Not happy however to see that Euan Murray is on the plane. Given his religious beliefs and his refusal to play on Sundays, it means he's effectively pretty much useless to Scotland, ruling himself out of most of the games that Scotland will/could play. He's effectively a tourist to New Zealand at this point...

I would actually go as far as to say that I feel he should have ruled himself out of contention, knowing full well that he wasn't able to give 100% to the cause. That being the case he should have let someone else who was able to contribute to take his place.

Heh?

Only one of our pool games is on a Sunday, against the Argies, and if he were sneaky he could claim he runs by British standard time, meaning he could play but have to be subbed in the last 30 or so if I've got my timezones right :p

His form is my concern, and by the way of the recent games, it looks like he isn't our first choice tighthead, however he did scrum well when he came on on Saturday, but that may have just been to a tiring Italian pack

He can't play against Argentina,
If Scotland qualify as runner up then he can't play the Quarter-Final, Semi-Final or the Final

So he can play three from the group stages and the Third place match (if Scotland qualify as runners up)
If they go through in 1st place then I think he can play all of them up to the final

Exactly LordHope. To what time zone this his particular version of a particular God adhere to? Can he play on a Sunday in new Zealand, as long as it's still Saturday in the UK...?

And missing the game against Argentina. Well that's the game that may well make or break Scotland progressing through the group stage. It's a pretty important game.

Exactly LordHope. To what time zone this his particular version of a particular God adhere to? Can he play on a Sunday in new Zealand, as long as it's still Saturday in the UK...?

And missing the game against Argentina. Well that's the game that may well make or break Scotland progressing through the group stage. It's a pretty important game.

Firstly, I was joking about the time zone thing.

Secondly, the England game is a pretty big game too, we need our best players available to play, as we could still qualify even if we lose the Argie game, or we could be in a position to win the group and avoid New Zealand.

Robinson is the coach, he would be more fustrated than any of us if a player were not available for something so 'silly/ unitntelligent' as religion, and if he is still willing to select him despite this, then we should be content.

Latest posts