• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Scotland RWC 2011

Can anybody tell me where to watch Scotland vs Italy and other Scotland tests ??? (only the most recent ones)

Sorry to see Beattie hasn't made the squad. I had (and still have) hopes of him being a Lion in 2013....

Not happy however to see that Euan Murray is on the plane. Given his religious beliefs and his refusal to play on Sundays, it means he's effectively pretty much useless to Scotland, ruling himself out of most of the games that Scotland will/could play. He's effectively a tourist to New Zealand at this point...

I would actually go as far as to say that I feel he should have ruled himself out of contention, knowing full well that he wasn't able to give 100% to the cause. That being the case he should have let someone else who was able to contribute to take his place.

My diagnosis:
Scotland (dark horse team of the tournament)
Ireland (unlucky but also overrated)
England (overrated, best days are behind them, but have a history of grinding out wins)
Wales (overrated, but in good form nonetheless - albeit against Argentina and England)
France (SF exit)

ust saw the Italy game and the Scot lineout looked class. Good work by the locks and the backrow as well, but I feel that the rest is not working too well yet.

Toko_11 become a member at acrossthetasman.com.... you will then have to figure out where the games are (it is easy). I would tell you more, but I bet that this post could already get taken down.

Firstly, I was joking about the time zone thing.

Secondly, the England game is a pretty big game too, we need our best players available to play, as we could still qualify even if we lose the Argie game, or we could be in a position to win the group and avoid New Zealand.

Robinson is the coach, he would be more fustrated than any of us if a player were not available for something so 'silly/ unitntelligent' as religion, and if he is still willing to select him despite this, then we should be content.

Well I wasn't joking about the time zone thing. To me it just points out the whole absurdity of the situation, but anyway....

And yes, Robinson is the coach and he has made his decisions and team selection based on more than we can see from a couple of warm up games. It doesn't mean however that we can't have an opinion, especially about a player who isn't prepared to give 100% to a world cup campaign.

Anyway, we shall now just have to wait and see how it all works itself out....

Indeed, we are all allowed our opinions, I for one don't believe that his religion and unavailability for Scotland on Sundays would warrant his non-inclusion in the squad, especially given our rather limited options at both sides of the scrum, but as you say, we shall digress.

Btw, who would you like as our starting props? I don't get much in the way of ML here in SA, so can only go by Scotland games and online match reports. Don't know who Robinson is looking at at this stage to be starting tighthead

Truth is that I don't really know myself. It's a position that I don't feel Scotland has an automatic starter. Two years ago it would have always been Murray as he was on great form, and I was delighted with his inclusion in the Lions squad, and was then disappointed when he missed out through injury. Since then though I don't feel his form has been anywhere near the same. For what reason/s I don't know, but it's a shame as he was one of the best at tighthead.

Latest posts