• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Scotland vs Argentina - 19/11/2022

Nobody talking about the clear shoulder to face in ruck after the tip tackle?

TBH I don't even think that tackle should be a penalty but that's how it is these days.
I think it should be a penalty because the attacker has absolutely no control over how they come down and as we saw he hit his head hard.

The Scotland back three have had a superb AIs especially Darcy Graham

Happy with the end result but not a great game for discipline, Argentina let themselves down and would have made it a closer score quite possibly without the handicap of numbers.

Scotland got away with being messy but then throwing it about is what got them the tries so swings and roundabouts a bit. We at least have something of a settled looking team that can play cohesively, any more than 3-4 unforced changed for the opening 6N and I will not be pleased with GT.

and fair play to Argentina that last try was well earned for the effort put in.

Happy with the end result but not a great game for discipline, Argentina let themselves down and would have made it a closer score quite possibly without the handicap of numbers.

Scotland got away with being messy but then throwing it about is what got them the tries so swings and roundabouts a bit. We at least have something of a settled looking team that can play cohesively, any more than 3-4 unforced changed for the opening 6N and I will not be pleased with GT.

and fair play to Argentina that last try was well earned for the effort put in.
Agreed

8 pages for this fixture!? The Pumas and Scotland should play every week... what do you mean they already do? :p

I wanted the Pumas to win so I'm very disappointed that they let justified cards for not particularly malicious offences lead to a mental implosion. Cheika (and Ledesma before him) had done well with team discipline, so hopefully it's just a blip.

Hogg has lost quite a bit of his scintillating edge to my mind but retains his almost complete inability to pass the ball effectively. I'd definitely be wanting a long look at Kinghorn at 15 prior to the RWC. I'd argue he is at least as good at cutting through defences, as good in the air and far far better at distribution. Hoggs boot is how probably his only plus.

8 pages for this fixture!? The Pumas and Scotland should play every week... what do you mean they already do? :p

I wanted the Pumas to win so I'm very disappointed that they let justified cards for not particularly malicious offences lead to a mental implosion. Cheika (and Ledesma before him) had done well with team discipline, so hopefully it's just a blip.

Hogg has lost quite a bit of his scintillating edge to my mind but retains his almost complete inability to pass the ball effectively. I'd definitely be wanting a long look at Kinghorn at 15 prior to the RWC. I'd argue he is at least as good at cutting through defences, as good in the air and far far better at distribution. Hoggs boot is how probably his only plus.
Not a chance, kinghorn is a decent player but even Hogg in his senior years runs ring around Blair with a mix of skills, sidestep, massive boot, chip chase, acceleration… he did link up better with particularly Graham today. Freeing him from captaincy and the leadership circle has rejuvenated some of the Hogg of old. It took a fair few seasons for defences to work him out and even now he draws their attention every time he has the ball.
Kinghorn is a winger, maybe a 13 at a push.

Latest posts