• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Scotland vs Australia

True.

I'm glad he's playing international rugby so many great 7's in the six nations, having match ups like Watson v Curry (Both on par as the best 7's in the world right now IMO) is what makes things great.

Based on the highlights it looks like the Wallabies bombed two tries and generally shot themselves in the foot at every opportunity.

Without Quade and Kerevi we run around like headless chooks. No Koroibete and we are just too weak in attack to really trouble the home nations this year.

Any ref experts in can explain how that first Scotland try wasn't obstruction? Even if the bloke had the ball at the front they were all pre-bound which isn't allowed either.

Some absolutely minging calls in Scotland's favour this game.

Hopefully Rennie goes full Rassie at f/t.
Glad he didn't. Rassie is a twat and we clearly didn't play well enough to win.

Haven't paid too much attention to Australia recently but any particular reason Petaia is on the wing? He was looking like one of the best 13s around before injury last year.
Out of form, is struggling to last 80 minutes (which he again failed to do) and he reportedly feels he's better suited to outside back.

Any ref experts in can explain how that first Scotland try wasn't obstruction? Even if the bloke had the ball at the front they were all pre-bound which isn't allowed either.
Not a ref expert, but no way that should have stood on the pre bind basis

I'm just frustrated with the standard of refereeing in general this year. Inconsistencies spoil the game for me. Covid rust?

Honestly refs need to be paid more and held more accountable.
I'd say refs would be paid very well, but that shouldn't be the case with all the rubbish performances we see from them - really bloody annoys me that refs let all teams stand well offside & let players come in from the side of rucks etc far too often without pinging them... as you say refs have to be held accountable, it's the only way to improve the standard of refereeing, players are punished, so why not referees ? especially when they have an absolute howler that ruins a match, yet nothing ever happens, what a farce.

Out of form, is struggling to last 80 minutes (which he again failed to do) and he reportedly feels he's better suited to outside back.
I'll add - he is only 21 and already has 20 odd caps. Long career ahead of him.

Based on the highlights it looks like the Wallabies bombed two tries and generally shot themselves in the foot at every opportunity.

Without Quade and Kerevi we run around like headless chooks. No Koroibete and we are just too weak in attack to really trouble the home nations this year.

Aren't missing players the same excuse when northern hemisphere sides tour down under each June?

Congratulations
AKedOLQQlUd-3q4g5wv9qMXvVHe-9-H5YRwPUlKXVnNi3w=s48-c-k-c0x00ffffff-no-rj
!

Last edited:
Aren't missing players the same excuse when northern hemisphere sides tour down under each June?
England usually tour full strength - but yeah. Difference being they apparently choose to leave half their squad behind. We have no choice.

England usually tour full strength
We really don't,

Plus the first game nearly always clashes with the prem final so we have players missing regardless, then are missing the players from the top two teams in the country for the first game

I remember Freddie Burns having to start vs the All Blacks because Ford was left at home and Farrell and Myler were both in the prem final

We really don't,

Plus the first game nearly always clashes with the prem final so we have players missing regardless, then are missing the players from the top two teams in the country for the first game

I remember Freddie Burns having to start vs the All Blacks because Ford was left at home and Farrell and Myler were both in the prem final
Well you seemed pretty full-strength the last time you dusted us up from what i knew of your squad. What's the go with that an Reg 9... are England happy to accomodate the club comp?

But, anyway, I wasn't really positing it as an excuse. We played shite and blew a load of chances and could definitely have won that with a little more discipline and composure. Those are the reasons why we lost the match.

Its just made a lot harder missing our three best backs.

Last edited:
What's the go with that an Reg 9... are England happy to accomodate the club comp?
The RFU pay for extra access to club players (training camps, games outside the window etc.)
I don't think I've ever heard of a club refusing to release a player to international duty - as much as people like to paint it as club vs country, the clubs are usually very accommodating even if they do have the bear the brunt of injuries and burnout
I imagine there's probably some behind the scenes dodginess, especially with some Tier 2 players who will have winks and nudges to make themselves unavailable for international duty for a bump in their paycheque, but most teams seem genuinely happy when players reach the highest level - Faf wasn't in the Boks when we signed him, for example - but we're buzzing everytime he runs out for South Africa, not bitter

It's the PRL (the professional body that runs the premiership) that's the issue, rather than the clubs - they're the ones that fine players/clubs even if they want to release the players to their country (Saints and Bath have both been fined in the past for releasing players to play in out of window tests)

Oh, yeah, that was some Wales players wasn't it? That seemed so mad to me; if the club, player, and country are all happy then why do the PRL need to get involved? It's not like there's a dispute or anything

Bath got fined £60k for releasing Faletau which is a crazy amount

I kind of understand where they're coming from, as the RFU pays a ton of money for extra access - and they've offered the same deal to every other nation
If clubs start releasing players with no consequence then the RFU will stop paying - but it's still gross

Really the best answer is for WR to stop allowing tests outside of the international window

Bath got fined £60k for releasing Faletau which is a crazy amount

I kind of understand where they're coming from, as the RFU pays a ton of money for extra access - and they've offered the same deal to every other nation
If clubs start releasing players with no consequence then the RFU will stop paying - but it's still gross

Really the best answer is for WR to stop allowing tests outside of the international window
Is that a real solution though, clashes clearly cause issues but game time per season also has to be factored in especially for teams with internationals who compete in the latter stages of comps for club, seems whilst the current situation is far from perfect it's as fair as it could be in reality, short of having a pay as you go type system.

Latest posts