TRF_Cymro

Cymro The White
TRF Legend
Country Flag
Wales
Club or Nation
Barbarians
_67400872_scottjohnson_sns.jpg

Scotland are searching for a new head coach after Scott Johnson left his interim
role to become director of rugby.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/rugby-union/22401943

They pinched Jonathan Humphreys of the Ospreys as well. A shame as he was doing such a great job with the pack.

Regarding Johnson, I think this is a poor appointment tbh.

They pinched Jonathan Humphreys of the Ospreys as well. A shame as he was doing such a great job with the pack.

Yeah he's the one I wanted to stay. I suppose arguments can be made that with the calibre of players the Ospreys have up front, they should have a strong pack. But I've also been impressed with the players coming through (King, Peers, Lewis etc.), so I'll attribute that to the work Humphreys has been doing.

Yeah he's the one I wanted to stay. I suppose arguments can be made that with the calibre of players the Ospreys have up front, they should have a strong pack. But I've also been impressed with the players coming through (King, Peers, Lewis etc.), so I'll attribute that to the work Humphreys has been doing.

You can also note that some of those strong forwards have improved as well, Hibbard has improved massively as well in recent times. If you told me 4 years ago he would be going on a Lions tour, I wouldn't have believed you. Humphreys is a loss to Welsh rugby, hopefully he can comeback in some form at some point, a lot of coaches as well as players leaving Wales at the minute too.

As for Scott Johnson, I don't think that is a progressive appointment. Overall wasn't impressed with him as head coach at the Ospreys, and I think he is not a head coach but an assistant. However he seems to keep getting jobs despite his inadequacies.

It's a very strange one with them appointing Humphreys as the new forwards coach, and it looking inevitatle that this was Scott Johnson building his coaching staff for taking on the coaching role permenantly. I'm not sure it's going to prove too attractive a job, the head coach role, if something like that happens, cause the new coach would want to have a good commanding say in his backroom staff setup. I'm not against the Humphreys appointment, but the timing of it before announcing Scott Johnson won't be the long term head coach is a bit up-side-down to me. I would have given Johnson a contract until the next world cup and see how he goes. Think favourites for head coach role at the moment are Ewen MacKenzie, or Sean Lineen. I plump for Sean Lineen slightly more, as he knows most of the players and the way the SRU opperates, and he's a good coach. I'd go Gregor Townshend, or Wayne Smith, but doubt either would want the job. But will see what happens.

A cancer on Welsh rugby, good riddance.

Draggs, why are you not a fan of Scott Johnson?

I don't really rate him as a coach either tbh, for the reason he seems to get around an awful lot of places yet has rarely done a satisfyingly good job at any. But seems to keep getting jobs.

Draggs, why are you not a fan of Scott Johnson?

I don't really rate him as a coach either tbh, for the reason he seems to get around an awful lot of places yet has rarely done a satisfyingly good job at any. But seems to keep getting jobs.

He was one of the main instigators along with Thomas in getting rid of Ruddock.

Latest posts