• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Scottish Rugby

I don't really know what the issue was. The first I'd heard of the rumours was on here.

My understanding was the Hogg was still contracted but was looking at other clubs, Ulster being the most common one, purely on speculation of my own I think he was trying to raise his market value but wanting to stay at Glasgow. A little odd doing it a year early though it also seemed to backfire as he wasn't on the best of form and ended up dropping out of the squad for the final. I also think he may have been on poor terms with the management after looking at other clubs but now I think his head is on straight and hes commited to glasgow for now.

My understanding was the Hogg was still contracted but was looking at other clubs, Ulster being the most common one, purely on speculation of my own I think he was trying to raise his market value but wanting to stay at Glasgow. A little odd doing it a year early though it also seemed to backfire as he wasn't on the best of form and ended up dropping out of the squad for the final. I also think he may have been on poor terms with the management after looking at other clubs but now I think his head is on straight and hes commited to glasgow for now.
i dont think hogg would play for Ulster as i said many times before. i can see hogg catching the eye's on Top 14/Aviva teams but not any other Rabo team. Yes Hogg is a young player with huge potential i can see why ulster were interested in him. the last few games though he wasn't named in the team at all and Peter Murchie played ahead off him like i'll give it to Murchie he had played really well for glasgow this year but i would have put hogg on the bench atleast.

The way I heard it most recently and reliably is -

Ulster approached Hogg
The deal got as far as Hogg looking at houses
It all feel apart at the last minute due to either a) SRU wanting more money b) Ludik becoming available

The way I heard it most recently and reliably is -

Ulster approached Hogg
The deal got as far as Hogg looking at houses
It all feel apart at the last minute due to either a) SRU wanting more money b) Ludik becoming available
in a matter off fact, yes the SRU do need more money in making that 3rd team up in aberdeen if something we wanted for a long time. i thought with the money from BT would be the money for that 3rd pro team but no its all for other things.

Bs-CJckIIAAN4us.jpg:large

mind you bt murrayfield pitch does look alot better now.

im sure it wouldn't be, hopefully it might actually work out for us now

No it's better for you to be playing in a mud field . Had it been like this last year when England played you I. The 6N we would have beaten you by 50 points not 20 ;)

No it's better for you to be playing in a mud field . Had it been like this last year when England played you I. The 6N we would have beaten you by 50 points not 20 ;)
well thank F**K you didn't but you never know it might be better for scotland, well see

Edinburgh that is
i kinda figured that out. if you seen in the three wishes section then one off my wishes is that they played at meggetland as there is a better atmosphere for edinburgh and offcourse a munster fan would said that :p just an easy win last time for you ;)

Even for Edinburgh, 3,000 capacity is pretty tight. If they could look at putting a stand or two up on the ends of this Meggetland place and bring it up to around 5,000-6,000 they might be onto something.

Just as was said it creates a much better atmosphere which player would feed off. It's awful to see a game on a wet Friday night in Murrayfield.

Just as was said it creates a much better atmosphere which player would feed off. It's awful to see a game on a wet Friday night in Murrayfield.
if i played for edinburgh i'd prefer to hear the crowd then hear nothing

The new club campaign will kick-off with a new trophy - the BT Scottish Rugby Charity Shield.

cshield.jpg

Two of Scotland's top clubs will contest a new trophy to herald the start of the 2014-15 campaign, while at the same time benefiting the wider Scottish community.

Melrose, Scotland's champion club, and Heriot's, holders of the National Cup, will meet next month in the inaugural BT Scottish Rugby Charity Shield. Richard Mill (left) and Jack Turley fromt he respective clubs are pictured above at today's launch.

The game will crown a feast of rugby at The Greenyards on Saturday 23 August, the week before the new BT Premiership season kicks-off.

Starting the action on 23 August will be a pre-season clash between Edinburgh Rugby and Leicester Tigers, which will kick-off at 2pm.

Then the BT Scottish Rugby Charity Shield will follow with a 5pm kick-off.

The initiative came from Melrose and was discussed with Scottish Rugby and the Premiership Forum.

read more about the new competition here:
http://scottishrugby.org/news/14/07/31/exciting-dawn-new-club-season

EDIT:
Scotland's champion club Melrose, will take on National Cup holders Heriot's in the first BT Scottish Rugby Charity Shield on August 23rd at The Greenyards in Melrose.

Last edited:

Latest posts