• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Scottish Rugby

The RBS Premiership, RBS Scottish National League, RBS Scottish Championship League A & B Fixtures for next year have been announced you'll get to see them here.

RBS Premiership: http://www.scottishrugby.org/fixtures-results/?competition=101551

RBS Scottish National League: http://www.scottishrugby.org/fixtures-results/?competition=98777

RBS Scottish Championship League A: http://www.scottishrugby.org/fixtures-results/?competition=98778

RBS Scottish Championship League B: http://www.scottishrugby.org/fixtures-results/?competition=98779

Some 101 professional players from Edinburgh Rugby, Glasgow Warriors and Scotland 7s have been drafted to the clubs in the BT Premiership for the new league campaign. 2014-15 PRO-PLAYER DRAFT

Edinburgh Rugby aligned clubs:

Boroughmuir – Carl Bezuidenhout, Simon Berghan, Sam Beard, Neil Cochrane, Tom Brown, Stuart McInally, Nick McLennan, Andrew Turnbull, Matt Scott and Tim Visser.

Edinburgh Accies – Alex Allan, Alex Toolis, Chris Dean, Jamie Farndale, Roddy Grant, Mark Robertson, Michael Fedo, Phil Burleigh, Ben Atiga and Cornell Du Preez.

Hawick – Joaquin Dominguez, Ollie Atkins, Tomas Leonardi, Allan Dell, Tom Heathcote, Michael Tait, John Andress, Jack Cuthbert, Mike Coman and Grant Gilchrist.

Heriot's – George Turner, Ben Toolis, Jamie Ritchie, Hamish Watson, Struan Dewar, James Fleming, Alasdair Dickinson, Scott Riddell, Greig Tonks and Russell Weir.

Gala – Brett Thompson, James Hilterbrand, Fraser McKenzie, Gregor Young, Sam Hidalgo-Clyne, Lewis Young, Grayson Hart, Anton Bresler and David Denton.

Melrose – Damien Hoyland, Scott Wight, Wicus Blaauw, Sean Kennedy, James Johnstone, Dougie Fife, Willem Nel, Ross Ford and Andries Strauss.

Glasgow Warriors aligned clubs:

Stirling County – Adam Ashe, Rory Hughes, Lee Jones, Fraser Brown, Leone Nakarawa, Ryan Wilson, Rossouw de Klerk, Robert Harley, Tommy Seymour, Colin Shaw and Josh Strauss

Currie – Richie Vernon, Tom Ryder, Duncan Weir, James Downey, Peter Murchie, Mike Cusack, Kevin Bryce, DTH van der Merwe, Stuart Hogg, Tim Swinson and Jonny Gray

Glasgow Hawks – Alastair Kellock, Alex Dunbar, Colin Gregor, Tyrone Holmes, Peter Horne, Mark Bennett, Gordon Reid, Sean Lamont, Chris Fusaro, Euan Murray and Niko Matawalu

Ayr – Murray McConnell, James Eddie, Jerry Yanuyanutawa, Jon Welsh, Dougie Hall, Ryan Grant, Finn Russell, Henry Pyrgos, Pat MacArthur and Sean Maitland

A Reminder that the first BT Scottish Rugby Charity Shield Game will be played tomorrow at 5pm and if your watching the Edinburgh v Leicester game at 2pm the stream will follow onto the BT Scottish Rugby Charity Shield game. i will provide a link to anyone who wants to watch the match.

the edinburgh team to face leicester has been announced, good to see some young sparks taking on the pitch and Ross Ford Captain is interesting but i can understand why.

15 Nick McLennan, 14 Dougie Fife, 13 Chris Dean, 12 Andries Strauss, 11 Tim Visser, 10 Greig Tonks, 9 Sean Kennedy, 8 Cornell Du Preez, 7 Hamish Watson, 6 Roddy Grant, 5 Ollie Atkins, 4 Fraser McKenzie, 3 John Andress, Ross Ford CAPTAIN, 1 Rory Sutherland

Substitutes

16 James Hilterbrand, 17 Simon Berghan, 18 Ben Toolis, 19 Alex Toolis, 20 Jamie Ritchie, 21 Sam Hidalgo-Clyne, 22 Tom Heathcote, 23 Sam Beard, 24 Joaquin Dominguez, 25 Brett Thompson, 26 Damien Hoyland, 27 Carl Bezuidenhout

Greig Tonks ? Why is he playing at 10 ? I thought he was a 15 back at Saints, Fife and Visser are two very good wingers to have though.

last year we had some problems with the 10's Situation when we had no 10's so Tonks cover's the 10 as he capable to play 10, tbh he isn't a bad 10 but im not sure who will kick, most likely Nick McLennan even though he's a 10 i think some point in the game Tonks will move back to 15 and McLennan will move to 10

the team's playing in the Charity Cup tomorrow have announced they're teams for tomorrow,

Melrose: 15 Fraser Thomson (cpt) 14 ***o Mua 13 Austin Lockington, 12 Andrew Nagle, 11 Rory Tollan, 10 Richard Mill, 9 Tom Wilson; 1 Nicky Little, 2 Todd Pearce, 3 Nick Beavon, 4 James Head, 5 Lewis Carmichael, 6 Neil Irvine-Hess, 7 Ruaridh Knott, 8 Graeme Dodds.

Subs:
16 Richard Ferguson, 17 Colin Arthur, 18 Stuart Johnson, 19 Ross Miller, 20 Murdo McAndrew, 21 Donald Crawford, 22 Blair Hutchison

Heriot's: 15 Keith Buchan, 14 Liam Steele, 13 Max Nimmo, 12 Cammy Ferguson, 11 Charlie Simpson, 10 Gregor McNeish, 9 Graham Wilson; 1 Nathan Borrell, 2 Blair Coupar, 3 Struan Cessford, 4 Russell Nimmo, 5 Ben Cogley, 6 Murray Douglas, 7 Jack Turley (cpt), 8 Jason Hill.

Subs:
16 Chris Mulligan, 17 Gav Cameron, 18 Rhys Davies, 19 Stuart Edwards, 20 Max Learmonth, 21 Harry Boisseau, 22 Rory Carmichael

Last edited:
Ultimately Scotland need the new manager to call for change in the entire system. This needs to be a long term investment with plans for 5-10 years into the future. Scottish rugby is in a rut and it won't leave it within the 4 year period of a world cup. You need to sort out your clubs, your youth development, your support in the populace and really focus on quality because you can't get quantity. I fear though people will expect changes overnight, get disappointed after 2 years and then sack him, undoing all the work he may have done.

Ultimately Scotland need the new manager to call for change in the entire system. This needs to be a long term investment with plans for 5-10 years into the future. Scottish rugby is in a rut and it won't leave it within the 4 year period of a world cup. You need to sort out your clubs, your youth development, your support in the populace and really focus on quality because you can't get quantity. I fear though people will expect changes overnight, get disappointed after 2 years and then sack him, undoing all the work he may have done.
um well atm i dont think we need a new manager as we just got a new one and being honest if we give Vern Cotter time im sure he will have a huge impact to the team, but mind you i really wouldn't mind seeing Gregor Townsend coaching as he has done a really good job at glasgow. About your point off "sort out our clubs" glasgow are doing a great jobs reaching the finals off the pro 12 this year, but yeah i would agree that edinburgh would need more work and big improvements, but i want to see how effective are edinburgh's new signings tomorrow, i've heard good things about Brett Thompson and Tom Heathcote i hope will be vital for edinburgh too.

Last but not least, about our youth system yes the under 16/18 are in trouble atm but the thing this how many players from there will actually represent the scotland team one day ?, and have you seen the young players who are playing for the main scotland team now, Alex Allan (22), Jonny Gray (20), Adam Ashe (21), Tom Heathcote (22), Duncan Weir (23), Finn Russell (21), Stuart Hogg (22), Matt Scott (23) . and i'll also list players who could be playing for scotland anytime soon, Sean Kennedy (23), Jamie Ritchie (18), Chris Dean (20), Mark Bennett (21), this shows that from the under 20's teams we dont look like we can be a team in the future but there are also alot off young players now who are playing rugby for the main international team.

EDIT: i didn't actually read properly what you said about coaches and i actually 100% agree with you on that

Last edited:
Young players who aren't as good as their contemporaries in the other home nations wont make Scotland competitive. All of those players were part of youth sides who got badly beaten by (at least the majority of) the other home nations.

im really sorry about my last post im trying to delete but it just getting laggy if a modder can help me delete it then that great i was trying to add pictures and that is what happens so yet again sorry

im really sorry about my last post im trying to delete but it just getting laggy if a modder can help me delete it then that great i was trying to add pictures and that is what happens so yet again sorry

Ironically, it's not your hardest one to understand ;)

Full Time: Melrose 28 - 36 Heriots (14 - 17 HT)
Man of the match: Jason Hill (Heriot's)
Tries: Austin Lockington, Andrew Nagle, Ruaridh Knott(2) / Murray Douglas, Penalty Try, Struan Cessford (2), Harry Boisseau
Conversions: Richard Mill (4/4) / Graham Wilson (4/5)
Penalties: / Graham Wilson (1)
Sin Bin: Jack Turley

e303dd6db1293148b509d0546de177d0.png

The inaugural BT Scottish Rugby Community Shield, hosted by last season's Premiership winners, Melrose, against Cup winners Heriot's got the new rugby year off to a flying start in a nine-try thriller.

The visitors edged the victory, leading by just one point going into the final minute with the win nailed by a converted try in the closing seconds.

ef256e8522078eebc6458430e33fc339.png

The visitors put the first points on the board with a penalty, following pressure on the line and attack out side, from scrum half Graham Wilson. Then Heriot's captain, flanker Jack Turley, scooped up a loose ball and broke for the line, Wilson adding the extras to extend the lead to 10-0.

Melrose capped a fightback with a break from centre Andrew Nagle, offloaded to full back Fraser Thomson and on to centre Austin Lockington for the try, converted by stand-off Richard Mill.

A converted penalty try to Heriot's put them back in the driving seat with the score 14-17 at half time.

A brace from Melrose flanker Ruaridh Knott, either side of a yellow card for Heriot's Turley, extended the home side's lead to 28-17. Sustained pressure on the line once the visitors were back to 15 men saw prop Struan Cessford touch down, pulling the score back to 28-22, closely followed by a converted try from their lock Russell Nimmo and Wilson.

There was no let-up in pace going into the closing minutes as Heriot's sealed their win with a try in the top corner from replacement Rory Carmichael, Wilson's touchline conversion sailing through the uprights to make it 28-36 at the whistle.

Sources (SRU Website)

Last edited:
the scorer's off yesterdays game has been added, The RBS Premiership and the BT Cup is starting next week and if you missed the match and want to watched it then the full match is here:

And here is the fixtures to the RBS Premiership next week:
(All games are kicking off at 15:00 UK time)

Heriot's vs Glasgow Hawks

Currie vs Hawick

Boroughmuir vs Stirling County

Ayr vs Gala

Melrose vs Edinburgh Academical FC

The Fixtures to the BT Cup also Kicking off at 15:00:
(First Round)

Irvine RFC vs Marr RFC

Hawick YM vs Dalziel

Howe of Fife vs Dunfermline

Lasswade RFC vs East Kilbride RFC

Watsonians FC vs Biggar

Kelso vs Hillhead Jordanhill

Whitecraigs RFC vs Haddington RFC

Peebles RFC vs Greenock Wanderers RFC

Aberdeen Grammar Rugby vs Murrayfield Wanderers FC

Falkirk vs Dumfries Saints RFC

Musselburgh RFC vs Livingston RFC

Stewart's Melville FP RFC vs RHC RFC

GHA vs Perthshire RFC

Jed-Forest RFC vs Aberdeenshire

Preston Lodge RFC vs Ardrossan Academicals

Kirkcaldy vs Dundee HSFP

Hamilton RFC vs West of Scotland FC

Cartha Queens Park vs Selkirk RFC

Last edited by a moderator:
A Reminder that the RBS Premiership (now the BT Premiership) is starting tomorrow:
The Team's are ready!
10191045_0.jpg

Also the Glasgow vs London Scottish will be streamed on the daily record website if anyone wish to watch that, the teams are still to be comfirmed, while Edinburgh vs Newcastle Falcons is tonight i got no idea if that is getting streamed or not but here is the edinburgh team to face the falcons

15 Jack Cuthbert
14 Dougie Fife
13 Sam Beard
12 Andries Strauss
11 Tim Visser
10 Greig Tonks
9 Sam Hidalgo-Clyne

1 Rory Sutherland
2 Ross Ford CAPTAIN
3 John Andress
4 Fraser McKenzie
5 Ollie Atkins