• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Scrum Cap?

Do you wear a scrum cap?

• No

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Sometimes

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
i wear one coz i got long hair and i treasure my good looks and ears a little more than others
<
<

i was going to buy some headgear today, i looked at the price and then. f*** off! $85. im sure that there would be some cheaper, but i was thinking half that.

Originally posted by sambad5@Apr 25 2005, 09:38 PM
i was going to buy some headgear today, i looked at the price and then. f*** off! $85. im sure that there would be some cheaper, but i was thinking half that.
Its true they are a rip off, a decent canerbury one over here is £50

i wear a scrum cap for a few reasons.. when i started playing lock regularly, it helped with my ears, then it became a bit of a mental thing that lets me hit people that much harder, and in addition i found it kept my hair out of the way.

where I play scrum caps are not allowed. The Union does not believe any padding should be allowed and they are very traditional.

what union do you play for? aren't the irb laws meant to be international standards? and if that is the case, since they allow for protective head gear, how is it not allowed?

Back in the days when I played Union they brought in rules saying that all safety equipment had to carry IRB standards. They didn't make any difference, it was just a gay rule.

Since, we're on the general subject of padding, what are you ppl's views on shoulder pads? I find it's a little gridiron style to wear shoulder pads, but I do know someone who had problems in the shoulders and coudn't play without them.

Originally posted by Canadian_Rugby_Guy@May 24 2005, 02:13 AM
Since, we're on the general subject of padding, what are you ppl's views on shoulder pads? I find it's a little gridiron style to wear shoulder pads, but I do know someone who had problems in the shoulders and coudn't play without them.
I wear pads, and still managed to dislocate my shoulder. Probably because they were old and shite.
<
Hopefully I'll get some new ones before next season, with the padding in small triangles to absorb more of the impact than just a flat piece fo foam.

I think with the game getting ever more physical, pads are still a personal choice, but will prevent serious injuries in the long run.

isnt the main point of them for tight fowards (especially frount rows) to stop there sholders getting f***ed up in the scrums?

Originally posted by sambad5@May 25 2005, 06:12 AM
isnt the main point of them for tight fowards (especially frount rows) to stop there sholders getting f***ed up in the scrums?
They absorb some of the impact in tackles as well.

I wear a scrum cap to stop my ears falling off in the scrum

and I wear pads because the doctors told me that I had to after dislocating my collarbone

I started using a scrum cap after many rides in the ambulance for concusion and i use shoulder pads because i've broken both my colar bones. And they both make the game better because you can play a more physical game

I'd rather play a more physical game and get injured than pussy out and not get injured.

I used to wear one but it impaired my vision and hearing, just didn't like it how it squashed my face down and made it hard to see.
I think Michael Jones would cut a section of the front out but me, I just stopped wearing them.

Latest posts