• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Scrum Cap?

Do you wear a scrum cap?

  • No

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Sometimes

    Votes: 0 0.0%

  • Total voters
    1
M

Mr. Laxative

Guest
I do. I decided to after i recieved a rather bad blow to the head. A little painful.
 
F

FitzOH

Guest
I'd say these two threads are different enough... besides, this section isn't exactly flooded w/ topics... btw, here's the first post of the other topic

"slightly off topic, but i was watching boots n all a while ago (leauge show) and aparrantly once the coach thoght that the team would play better if they all wore head gear! they only did it once thogh. anyone herd any stories like this in union?"
 
S

SaintsFan_Webby

Guest
Originally posted by FitzOH@Mar 29 2005, 07:19 PM
I'd say these two threads are different enough... besides, this section isn't exactly flooded w/ topics... btw, here's the first post of the other topic

"slightly off topic, but i was watching boots n all a while ago (leauge show) and aparrantly once the coach thoght that the team would play better if they all wore head gear! they only did it once thogh. anyone herd any stories like this in union?"
Yes, but if you bother to read the rest of the thread, people go on to discuss who wears head gear and its merits.
 
D

drico

Guest
I used to wear a scrum hat, but they don't really protect your head al that much, they just look good, I've had several blows to the head that have hurt just as much with a scrum cap on, than off.
 
S

sambãd5

Guest
Originally posted by drico@Apr 14 2005, 12:59 AM
I used to wear a scrum hat, but they don't really protect your head al that much, they just look good, I've had several blows to the head that have hurt just as much with a scrum cap on, than off.
you do know what there for dont you
 
D

drico

Guest
yeah you wear them on your feet don't you?- What do you think I am of course I know what they are- you wear them on your head to protect it
 
S

sambãd5

Guest
Originally posted by drico@Apr 14 2005, 10:11 PM
yeah you wear them on your feet don't you?- What do you think I am of course I know what they are- you wear them on your head to protect it
there used mostly for tight fowards who dont want there ears getting mashed in the scrums. f*** knows why backs wear them. THEY OFFER NO PROTECTION AGAINCED HEAD KNOCKS i can remember josh kronfeild getting in **** for going head first into tackles (which was his style, and he wore head gear) and kids copied him becuase they thought it helped them WRONG!

i just hate it when people dont know whats their main porpouse. pet peeve of mine. nothing againced anyone
 
S

SaintsFan_Webby

Guest
Originally posted by sambad5@Apr 14 2005, 11:39 AM
there used mostly for tight fowards who dont want there ears getting mashed in the scrums. f*** knows why backs wear them. THEY OFFER NO PROTECTION AGAINCED HEAD KNOCKS
i just hate it when people dont know whats their main porpouse. pet peeve of mine. nothing againced anyone
I'm a back, and I wear one to stop my ear getting ripped off, as it has partially been before. Does that make me in the wrong?
 
M

MCab

Guest
I wear one (prop) ever since I got concussed. It's not a 100% protection, but I'm sure it will help against the occasional glancing blow.

I've seen backs get their ears torn, so I can see why they'd wear one.
 
D

drico

Guest
scrum caps can also be worn to soften blows to the head- thats what most backs think anyway- David Humphreys and Elton Flatley are prime examples of backs that wear scrum hats
 
S

sambãd5

Guest
Originally posted by SaintsFan_Webby+Apr 15 2005, 02:41 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (SaintsFan_Webby @ Apr 15 2005, 02:41 AM)</div>
<!--QuoteBegin-sambad5
@Apr 14 2005, 11:39 AM

there used mostly for tight fowards who dont want there ears getting mashed in the scrums. f*** knows why backs wear them. THEY OFFER NO PROTECTION AGAINCED HEAD KNOCKS
i just hate it when people dont know whats their main porpouse. pet peeve of mine. nothing againced anyone
I'm a back, and I wear one to stop my ear getting ripped off, as it has partially been before. Does that make me in the wrong? [/b]
no, but if people rely on them to stop getting knocked out, your wrong. if your going to get hit in the head, its not going to matter weither you are wearing headgear or not.
plus as the old saying goes: once hit twice shy, for you webby.

when i play rugby, i wouldnt go out of my way to smash a back with head gear, but i just get ****** when people think that it will save there lifes.
 
H

harrison2468

Guest
If I wanna protect my ears I wear tape. It's cheaper than a scrum cap an doesn't make u sweat as much.
 
S

SaintsFan_Webby

Guest
I don't wear a scrum cap to cushion the blows, because it doesn't much at all. I wear one to stop cuts, which it does, and damage to ears.
 
G

goeagles

Guest
Isn't it funny that the backs that kick the most often wear scrumcaps. Sure, there are exceptions like Sam Tuitupou but Louis Koen, Derick Hougaard, Flatley, Humphries, and a few others are prime examples. When the hell would they need to soften the blow when they never make any contact in the first place?
 
S

SaintsFan_Webby

Guest
Originally posted by goeagles@Apr 18 2005, 01:50 AM
Isn't it funny that the backs that kick the most often wear scrumcaps. Sure, there are exceptions like Sam Tuitupou but Louis Koen, Derick Hougaard, Flatley, Humphries, and a few others are prime examples. When the hell would they need to soften the blow when they never make any contact in the first place?
The people who kick are generally 10s, and as such are hunted by the opposition back-row players. This is, I imagine, why many of them choose to wear added protection.
 
G

goeagles

Guest
Saints, perhaps but why does it seem that the ones who kick all the time get them whereas the running flyhalves don't wear them? Spencer takes plenty of knocks and yet doesn't wear a scrum cap. Frankly, they don't really provide much extra protection in a collision and are better for the prevention of ear damage which isn't really a concern for 10's.
 

Latest posts

Top