• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Scrum resets

same i idea with scrums that are just getting completely dominated....they cant suddenly get stronger...but they're going to get penalised for not being strong enough, just give the free kick...the scrum is a competition for the ball, so if one scrum is dominating then reward them with the ball...seems simple
Although I never played rugby, I think I agree with you. That sounds really simple but logical (in my opinion).

thats disgraceful, one of the guys i played with broke his back in a collapsed scrum and if people arent being taught how dangerous it is anymore then thats disgraceful too
Jeez, I didn't know scrums are that dangerous. It doesn't look like that when you watch it on tv, it looks.. funny, I'd say, and I liked that part of rugby before. Not sure if I like it now..

Jeez, I didn't know scrums are that dangerous. It doesn't look like that when you watch it on tv, it looks.. funny, I'd say, and I liked that part of rugby before. Not sure if I like it now..

yeah, we were both hookers, rotated, he was better at lineouts and i was better at scrums, he went on to play for the Wheel Blacks, got gold at Athens in 2004 which is amazing considering it only happened in 99

I was watching the Sale v Exeter game last night and I got fed up with them going on about the length of time it takes to reset a scrum. I am not sure but I am guessing that most of the explayer in the media moaning about this are backs.

Instead of getting rid of the scrum or changing it. Why don't we change the law so the clock is stopped until the ball is put into the scrum?
Unfortunately the game is a business and time wasted is not what the modern spectator pay good money to see. The scrum needs to move on. Its a restart so why all the huffing and puffing posturing. Get the ball in and out and play.

Latest posts