• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Semi-final No.1 Northampton v Saracens

We had some superb performances but scrum an issue (Corbisiero injured again) still. Also need a big ball carrier as we don't get enough front foot ball. Gutted but have had a great year. Most of our big players fronted up today (Hartley was superb) but Sarries well worth their win.

BT speaking him up not sure they watched the same game, Farrell was great in defense but it was hugely forward dominated and rarely was exciting in attack...

Hope Ford and Bath can prove running rugby can win.

Good game for all the England Squad players. Can't think of one who didn't play well. Lawes and Hartley a little quiet, but nothing egregious. Itoje continues to look good.

Well that game didn't help anyone change their mind about hating Owen Farrell any less . I now understand why the celts think he's a horrible little man ....

Eh? Why would anyone hate him after that? Did his job, nothing off the ball, gracious in the post-match interview.

Vunipola is an absolute machine these days, he was all over the rucks in the 79th minute- truly impressive. Also, Day is probably the most underrated player in the prem atm.

We had some superb performances but scrum an issue (Corbisiero injured again) still. Also need a big ball carrier as we don't get enough front foot ball. Gutted but have had a great year. Most of our big players fronted up today (Hartley was superb) but Sarries well worth their win.

Your scrum noticeably weakened when Corbs went off. You were on top until then, after the sub you were on the back foot. You'll really miss Manoa next year, have you got any players coming in? At the moment Manoa seems to be your only big carrier, and since our defence was good today you didn't have many players who could get you over the gainline.

Can't wait for ma'afu to leave, our scrum has never looked that good when he is on (as well as him being a penalty machine)

Farrell jus looked average today, nothing special.
Barritt is a flanker, nothing more really
Strettle played well
Vuinipolas both carried/ tackled really well
Burrell had a very good game as did wood and Hartley.

We just needed some bigger carriers to be honest which isn't going to be fixed by next years recruitment

Michael Paterson and Jamie Gibson but neither huge carriers. Kieran Brookes is a good carrier but front row so doesn't solve need (upgrades on Ma'afu though). Need a overseas recruitment after World Cup I hope.

I only saw bits and pieces of the match - how comes Itoje made so few tackles?

He was taken off for a bit for sin bin of front row. He also just didn't have massive impact aside from one carry

He didn't shine in the physicality but he didn't let himself down though. A good performance but outplayed by wood.

Itoje also got subbed around 60 or something like that.

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/lNfW5pnIQh4" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Shame Corbs wasn't rapping this after today's match.

He didn't shine in the physicality but he didn't let himself down though. A good performance but outplayed by wood.

Itoje also got subbed around 60 or something like that.

Yeh I think that's fair enough Itoje didn't do much wrong to be fair and what he did do he did well . Didn't seem to get into the game for parts maybe the sin binning made the game a little stop start for him ? I think it's great that everyone expects him to be great every time he plays .

Sorry, but I'm not feeling the Wood love in. Clark still looks by far the better player to me- Certainly Wood is too much like Robshaw for England, for sure he always looks busy and attends lots of rucks, but he's just not physical enough carrying, over the ball or moving players.

bit of a sneaky jab by Mallinder- '"At the breakdown they were physical. Those Vunipola brothers... once they get over the ball their stomachs are touching the ground already. It's near impossible to move them" :lol:

I think Corbs looks to be slowly improving- at least looks a first choice on merit now- I hope his injury is not too serious.
Interesting to hear about the Sarries' illness- I wonder if they'd have done a 'New Zealand' had they been beaten :rolleyes:

Last edited:
Wood carried well and often I thought. Also nicked a lineout and was a good option for ours.

Just seen the Bath highlights. I try very hard not to get carried away these days but if Joseph can maintain this form every season, he gives me more hope for England than any player since Launchbury.

You didn't watch the game?

Watson took the cake for me, he's looked absolutely lethal for the past month or so.

Attwood, too, looks like he's hit some form - massive shift today.

You didn't watch the game?

Watson took the cake for me, he's looked absolutely lethal for the past month or so.

Attwood, too, looks like he's hit some form - massive shift today.

Wasn't hugely in the mood for rugby following Friday night. Haven't truly been in the mood for rugby for a while tbh, not sure I like the way the game is going.

edit: And now I appear to be in the wrong thread to boot. Oops... :lol:

Wasn't hugely in the mood for rugby following Friday night. Haven't truly been in the mood for rugby for a while tbh, not sure I like the way the game is going.

The game itself or the off-field side of things?

Latest posts