• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Semi final thread

Holland through then, probably did just about enough, as much as they were hanging on at the end. Germany or Spain will join them tonight, can't call that one, I agree with the octopus though, I think Spain will have enough to see the Germans off.

He looked on to me. Very marginal anyway, couldn't really complain if you were Uruguayan. They've had a great tournament.

Holland were very good. It's about time they're back where they belong. Here's an odd statistic: the combined population of the two nations competing was just under 20 million - Shows what you can do with the right coaching!

Stupid bloody Octopus!

Spain outclassed Germany for the majority of that match, and messed up some very good chances, deserved to go through, didn't realise it was their first ever final!

Just like i said... Lol at anyone who underestimated Spain...

Ok so the German Squid was right and picked Spain to win.

Calamari for lunch tomorrow in that zoo :lol:

And based on how Holland and Spain played today and yesterday, I'm not expecting a classic final.

3b4ee816f75fd879d30ce7f04e1f80c0o.gif

Got to feel sorry for Schweinsteiger there, especially as he's probably the player of the tournament.

Thought Spain put their best shift of the competition in last night, ominous ahead of Sunday. As has already been highlighted, they just keep hold of the football. They've been trying to force it way too much this tournament, but not last night and it paid off. The Germans didn't react well to being behind and their challenge just seemed to fizzle out, but they'll come again in 4 years and I wouldn't want to meet them then, either.

Agree with you there Dan. I felt Germany just hoped for a draw and penalties, about 10 mins before the Spain goal all Germany were doing was putting all players behind the ball as soon as Spain got the ball.

Got to feel sorry for Schweinsteiger there, especially as he's probably the player of the tournament.

That was filmed two years ago, when Spain won Euro 2008 XD They showed it before the game here.

That was the best game Spain played so far. I hope we win on Sunday, especially since there will be a 13-year old rooting as hard as he can for the Dutch wit us. Four for Spain, one not interested, and one Dutch supporter.

And if the octopus says differently, we'll have pulpo for dinner.

I hope he keeps Pedro in, give Torres some rest. And I sincerely hope he doesn't choose Navas.

Pedro seemed to make all the difference in the semi final.

I said Spain would win the tournament before it started, and that they would lose to Switzerland. I'm not getting any media coverage. Pffffft.

EDIT: I was the only one that voted for Spain in the Poll on this forum!!!

Second EDIT: Although they haven't won yet... meh

Last edited:

Latest posts