• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Semi Finals

That try should go down as tv director or whoever showed it to Tempest

France needed that. Against the run of play though, they need some possession in the NZ half really.

I think that's very similar to the French one. Not sure what the mitigation is for either to make them a yellow.

Oh pressure got to her.

Echos of Trinh-Duc missing way back in 2011 for the mens.

Great semi-final. I think NZ probably just edged it. French kicking let NZ score and didn't get them the points.

Only tuned in for last few mins. Didn't realise it
Was on ITV. Great, tense finish.

Oh man, so many nerves from both sides in that game, but more so from me. I was lucky my wife was still watching to shout out "it missed" as I had left the room as soon as I saw them review that tackle.

I had said this morning I'd be proud of their efforts since last year if we could score three tries against france and if they would score no more than five. Well done black ferns but I feel sorry for Drouin and france.

Last edited:
I've only watched any of this when I've stumbled across it channel hopping. Caught the second half of France v NZ. Competitive and an exciting finish.

The women's game has come on enormously, but goal kicking remains an area of comparative weakness. Maybe the line out was the percentage call at the end.

But just before that the French 13 made a good break but cut inside with her wing outside her and the NZ wing being drawn infield. You only saw it from one angle (and I had my volume turned down), but looked like a complete butchering. Felt like that was France's real moment.

Drouin and Bourdon both had days to forget with the boot.

I think a disciplined France win that - and well played NZ for spooking them into indiscipline.

Discipline both in terms of penalties, and decision making / execution under pressure.
The women's game has come on enormously, but goal kicking remains an area of comparative weakness.
Purely a matter of power IMO - they're lacking 15-20 metres on their male counterparts - including the kickers who've been professional for 4-5 years. It really shows with kicks to touch, and of course, distance from the sticks where you're starting to feel uncomfortable about the range (Drouin had the range, she just had to give it everything to do so).
On kicks to touch, from the middle of the field, they're barely making a single metre to the lineout; and I think they need to stop trying - better to tap and go with 10m to run into IMO - and better to go for the posts when closer to the posts than the touchline.
But just before that the French 13 made a good break but cut inside with her wing outside her and the NZ wing being drawn infield. You only saw it from one angle (and I had my volume turned down), but looked like a complete butchering. Felt like that was France's real moment.
I was shouting a bit; but of course, we couldn't see any deeper cover, but still, there were plenty of metres to be made there, and you've got to back your winger to do something.
Decision making under pressure; and that's one of several example of just taking the wrong choice; just the most obvious to a brain who's just watched the match.

Last edited:
2 good s/f both winners just deserved.
Both have things to work on.
England will be worried about injuries.
Should be a good un.

Latest posts