• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Semi-Finals

J

jawmalawm24

Yeeaahh chur chur the Wellington Lions got thru only just but it was a good game It'll be out of it if the Bay win than we'll have the home final. GO WELLYZ!!!!!!!!! :bravo: :bravo:

Yeeaahh chur chur the Wellington Lions got thru only just but it was a good game It'll be out of it if the Bay win than we'll have the home final. GO WELLYZ!!!!!!!!! :bravo: :bravo:
[/b]

aye, some pleasant tv this morning to raise the gloom, before going to work and another working over from the English fans :)

Last quarter though, I had my head in my hands for the whole 20 minutes...

great reversal of the earlier game though, Cantabs have had a bad couple of weeks, Shield gone, WC out, and now ANZ. I'd cheer if it wasn't for the middle one :(

I was thinking how much that game had a sense of Dejavu after the AB's loss the weekend previous.

So close yet so far for Cantab fans.
Some judicious calls (both ways).
Forward passes!! cough cough etc.
Missed oportunities at the death!

Was an awesome game to watch, the Lions looked really impressive in that first half and good on Canterbury for nearly pulling off and amazing comeback. Johnny Leo'o looked shades of McCaw after the match, bewildered and hurting after going into the game as favorites and being beaten by out and out passion. Although to be fair, Wellington looked far more dangerous and competitive than France last week.

Now its off to Eden Park with the flatmates, to watch the mighty Bay make it an all Hurricanes provincial final! Got tickets for the ASB stand and hoping for a big turnout from the local Aux fans!

Man, you gotta love this comp!!!

bad luck for the Magpies, they probably dropped the ball more times today than all season put together.

Auckland always looked in control. Wellington will have to play two halves of rugby to win the final.

Really feel for the Bay fullback.

Anyway, they really never had the chance and they were lucky it was a wet day, otherwise it could have been a blowout.

Yeah this was really a one sided fixture.

The Bay had a couple of opportnities to make the scoreline a little closer, but were never threatening to cause any upsets.

It was pretty horrible weather to play in. But there still seemed to be a pretty decent turnout, and I'm proud to say there were more Bay jerseys than Auckland ones in the crowd!

It would have been the biggest game in the careers of most of the Bay team, and Israel Dagg sure got some big game experience getting peppered all night by the boot of Nacewa and co.

Not the best end to the Bays amazing season. Hopefully having some decent crowds will help the Union maintain a sustainable team at that level (or above). Because I've been reading some rather disheartening articles of late suggesting that most Unions might not be sticking around at this level if things continue the way they are.

And of course, congrats to Auckland. They really deserve the home final and should come up against a more equal adversary next week.

that was a totally amazing season from the bay,
i would like to laugh in the face of all the sunday papers who had picked at the start for the magpies to be the bottom team.

Latest posts