• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Sexism against homeless men

Status
Not open for further replies.

truthteller

Academy Player
over 80% of homelessness is male
over 80% of suicides are men
over 80% of divorces men lose their home their children yet still have to pay half the bills at least
Men die over 5 years younger than women on average
Men die of cancer and contract cancer 20% more than women
Thats before we even mention that boys are light behind girls in education
All we hear is where women are allegedly behind men never the other way around. This is why I am opposed to feminism but in favour of equal opportunity for all. Feminism is simly biased and will never address issues where men are behind
Even the issue of pay in the emergency services, feminists demand equal pay for all. Then why are 99% of all deaths in the police, fire service and army all male? Id want more pay if Im 99 times more likely to be killed

Yet in all these areas there is vastly more money and investment and media coverage of female issues spent by the NHS and the government and charities etc

The network of support for divorced women or women leaving relationships or in need of shelter is simply enormous , 1000s of charities and government shelter programmes...these even go so far as free housing free transport, free clothes etc
Even mainstream charities such as children in need and colin relief carry out many tv and radio adverts that are only raising money for women and girls
This is systematic sexism on a monolithic scale against men and boys

I am 100% certain this thread will be shouted down , I dont care. These are massively serious issues that need to be addressed by spineless overly PC overly feminist politicians trying to look good with virtue signalling....in the kingdom of the blind the man with one eye is king.

Homelessness is a gendered issue, and it mostly impacts men
Why aren't homeless charities doing more to address the fact that the majority of homeless people are men, and that they need more support and protection than women
homeless-ianjones1_3399642b.jpg

'Homeless men are more likely than women to say they don't need support' Photo: Ian Jones

By Glen Poole

1:51PM BST 06 Aug 2015

This week, the charity Homeless Link published the results of a detailed audit on the health and wellbeing of homeless men and women in the UK. In total, 27 different local authorities carried out surveys involving 3,355 homeless people, 71 per cent of whom were men.

Not surprisingly, the results revealed that the vast majority of homeless people experiencing health problems in the UK are male. So why did the charity responsible only choose to publicise the problems faced by homeless women?

It was a Press Association article published in The Guardian with the headline, "More homeless women use heroin and cocaine than men", that alerted me to this fact. The introduction to the article also claimed that a "greater number of [homeless] women lived with mental health difficulties" and a few paragraphs later the article stated that "more women use heroin-substitute methadone than men".

As an advocate for men and boys, my bullshit detectors are set to spot everyday sexism against men in a nanosecond (or is that a manosecond?). There is absolutely no way, I thought, that that there are more homeless women than homeless men living with and mental health difficulties and using heroin, cocaine and methadone.

So I decided to take it from the horse's mouth and spent a couple of hours hanging out with the excellent data at the Homeless Link website, because there's little I love more than slipping inside a fresh set of spreadsheets and comparing sexes.

This is what I discovered:

327 of the homeless people surveyed used crack/cocaine in the past month, 76 per cent of them were male;
355 of the homeless people surveyed used heroine in the past month, 77 per cent of them were male;
358 of the homeless people surveyed used methadone in the past month, 75 per cent of them were male;
2,659 of the homeless people surveyed had mental health problems, 71 per cent of them were male.

The only reason why there are more homeless men than women, is because men can't lie on their backs, open their legs, and very do little, and get paid...

That response makes absolutely no sense, sloppy virtue signalling
Homelessness and suicide aren't gender specific, nice buzz words though. There aren't more male suicides or more homeless men because of sexism and there are plenty of charities combatting men committing suicide. In fact there's so many that there's one specifically for fans and players of rugby union. (http://www.tackleyourfeelings.com)

These are serious issues, trying to use them for an anti-feminist agenda is odious. More women are diagnosed with depression than men - which is more likely, doctors purposefully misdiagnosing their male patients (that'd make this a gendered issue for sure) or that men are more likely to keep their issues hidden and quiet due to societal stereotypes that are pushed by men more than women? Men are also more prone to alcoholism than women which corresponds to this stat, their are many more aspects to this but none can be attributed to sexism.

As for homelessness, most homeless charities and centres give precedence to those with children, single mothers are far more common than single father's in this demographic, do you want to hit a nice 33/33/33 split of men, women and children in the homeless community or would you prefer to take children from their parents on the spot? I reckon equity over equality is preferable in this respect. Again, there are plenty of more non sexism related issues which contribute to your umbrella stat.

That article you linked is also equally misleading as the one it's responding to, never does it mention that the original article stated that when it said "more" it meant "a higher percentage".

Homelessness and suicide aren't gender specific, nice buzz words though. There aren't more male suicides or more homeless men because of sexism and there are plenty of charities combatting men committing suicide. In fact there's so many that there's one specifically for fans and players of rugby union. (http://www.tackleyourfeelings.com)

These are serious issues, trying to use them for an anti-feminist agenda is odious. More women are diagnosed with depression than men - which is more likely, doctors purposefully misdiagnosing their male patients (that'd make this a gendered issue for sure) or that men are more likely to keep their issues hidden and quiet due to societal stereotypes that are pushed by men more than women? Men are also more prone to alcoholism than women which corresponds to this stat, their are many more aspects to this but none can be attributed to sexism.

As for homelessness, most homeless charities and centres give precedence to those with children, single mothers are far more common than single father's in this demographic, do you want to hit a nice 33/33/33 split of men, women and children in the homeless community or would you prefer to take children from their parents on the spot? I reckon equity over equality is preferable in this respect. Again, there are plenty of more non sexism related issues which contribute to your umbrella stat.

That article you linked is also equally misleading as the one it's responding to, never does it mention that the original article stated that when it said "more" it meant "a higher percentage".
absolute drivel
the amount of funding pumped into womens health and womens housing and female homelessness it billions more than for men and the charities outnumber the mens by ratios of over 50 to 1..The imbalance is mind boggling and the end results are heart breaking. This is sexism on a monolithic scale, if it were the other way around and 80% of suicides were women and over 80% of women homless and 99% of deaths in services were women and over 80% of divorces women lost their homes their children and half their income and if women died 5 years on average before men , there would be outrage and youd join the chorus... shame on you for ignoring these facts and being so biased, heartless and sexist against men

Im not responding to this any further but I felt that I had to on this matter because this wrong stance is genuinely dangerous if not shot down immediately and there's children reading this forum. (I reckon the average 14 year old is far less impressionable and prejudiced than Truthteller and his victim complex but still)

Rape is a disgusting heinous crime and more victims now come forward to make accusations...The police have invested massive resources into this...I agree there is obviously a far bigger risk of a homeless woman being raped than a man...However we cant also ignore other dangers for the homeless...what about starving on the streets? sickness / disease/what about suicide? drugs? what about losing your home your jobs your kids? rape is a revolting crime and the numbers of convictions has risen. sadly many are being over turned as the political pressure to get more convictions has lead to mass corruption in simply ignoring much of the information leading to wrongful convictions. We must do more to help these men and rectify the imbalance here.

Im not responding to this any further but I felt that I had to on this matter because this wrong stance is genuinely dangerous if not shot down immediately and there's children reading this forum. (I reckon the average 14 year old is far less impressionable and prejudiced than Truthteller and his victim complex but still)
Your response is dangerous, to dismiss mass male suicide and homelessness and massively less funding on male health education suicide divorce etc as victim complex is disgraceful and pure sexist... youre better off not contributing if youre that biased and hot tempered , not to mention heartless

Last edited:
I'm going to close this thread now. It serves no purpose whatsoever, and it's just a thread to unnecessarily wind people up with little to none facts on the topic at hand.

@truthteller , if you have an issue, please PM me so that we can sort it out privately.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts