• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Shane Williams

<div class='quotemain'>
In a one on one situation nonu would just run over him.
[/b]

And in a one-on-one situation Shane Williams would run rings around Mr.Eyeliner himself. You just proved nothing.

If shanes technique is so good why does he suck at tackling?
[/b]

Again showing how much of Shane Williams you have actually seen.
If, my friend, you had watched him week in-week out for just one month, you would see how many great tackles he makes. Not just on other wingers, Shane brings down big forwards that other forwards have a problem with and guess why that is? He's got a good technique.
Watch how he very rarely goes high on an opposition, watch how he bats away their out-stretched arm - he does this because he understands his weaknesses as a player and in avoiding a hand off and going low on a player in a tackle ensures that he brings down even the biggest of blokes e.g. Ma'a Nonu.
[/b][/quote]

Nonu would destroy Williams, he's such a powerful runner that even the best tacklers find difficult to stop so imagine what would happen against a player who can't tackle, in this case Williams. Also Nonu has pace to burn so williams wouldn't run rings around him

hahah plus rep :)

shane williams will be remember as a welsh great, and im backing him to get the try socring record of alfie!!
ma nonu is just a talentless battering ram!!

It's strange that we are comparing the two considering one features prominently as an outside centre and the other a winger.
But yeah, Nonu has pace, i won't deny that, however, Shane has a little something called agility. Tip toeing around defences: Nonu is fast in a straight line, but Williams jinks here there and everywhere!

and Nonu needs the makeup to make himself look good on the pitch whereas Williams just needs a pair of boots and those twinkle toes can do the talking.

in those beautiful puma v 1.06!!!!!

lora i reccomend you check out a pair of those for your twinkle toes!

It's strange that we are comparing the two considering one features prominently as an outside centre and the other a winger.
But yeah, Nonu has pace, i won't deny that, however, Shane has a little something called agility. Tip toeing around defences: Nonu is fast in a straight line, but Williams jinks here there and everywhere!
[/b]
Except when it comes to facing an All Black team not coached by a Bald Monkey of the Woodward Coaching Tree and Wingers who are faster, stronger and taller than him. Than he just jinks here, there and everywhere into pain.

Except when it comes to facing an All Black team not coached by a Bald Monkey of the Woodward Coaching Tree and Wingers who are faster, stronger and taller than him. Than he just jinks here, there and everywhere into pain.
[/b]

It baffles me how you single out Shane Williams. Surely whenever ANY team plays against teh All Blacks as of late a large majority of players have been made to seem distincively average.
I remember watching France vs NZ in the autumn, Juazion didn't play weel (neither did france), but i dont see you jumping down his throat claiming how bad a player he is.
I can't deny that other than one game against NZ Shane has not played well, yet against any other club or country the man is defo the one to watch out for. NZ are a force and they ALWAYS - ALWAYS - make sure Shaney is in check.

Whether it's bitterness, childishness or naivity i question how you don't acknowledge the man's greatness.

Rippers just trying to **** you guys off he consistently does it to me

Shanes a beast, super quick, agile, strong, and great acceleration.. i dont see why he is consistently dogged for bein short, as of right now i believe he is the best winger in the northern hemisphere, or second best maybe to Shaggy.. but still he's definately up there as one of the best.

Is it just me or has shane looked like he has lost weight?

72622930.jpg

56766636.jpg

looks slimmer

also i think rugby shorts should be lengthened to the length of shanes in the first pic.

Shanes a beast, super quick, agile, strong, and great acceleration.. i dont see why he is consistently dogged for bein short, as of right now i believe he is the best winger in the northern hemisphere, or second best maybe to Shaggy.. but still he's definately up there as one of the best.

[/b]

Best wing in the NH?????? Are you joking???
Shaggy, Rougerie, Dominici, Cueto, Robinson, Heymans, Clerc are all far better than him.

<div class='quotemain'>

[/b]

Best wing in the NH?????? Are you joking???
Shaggy, Rougerie, Dominici, Cueto, Robinson, Heymans, Clerc are all far better than him.
[/b][/quote]

Note... i did say shaggy lol.

Rougerie and Dominici, still threats but nowhere near the same in terms of finishing and overall speed, they may have an edge in the defense department however

Cueto not a chance

Robo maybe in a few games if he keeps up his current form

Heymans not at the moment, maybe last year

Clerc may be tied with the shanester, vinny is deadly and quite the threat but i dont see him in the france squad as much as i'd like to

youve summed it up nicely there mate!!

this guy wont be convinced

how the f*** can he rate dominice higher than shane or rougerie, shane absolutely tormented that guy two years ago

<div class='quotemain'>
[/b]

It baffles me how you single out Shane Williams. Surely whenever ANY team plays against teh All Blacks as of late a large majority of players have been made to seem distincively average.
I remember watching France vs NZ in the autumn, Juazion didn't play weel (neither did france), but i dont see you jumping down his throat claiming how bad a player he is.
I can't deny that other than one game against NZ Shane has not played well, yet against any other club or country the man is defo the one to watch out for. NZ are a force and they ALWAYS - ALWAYS - make sure Shaney is in check.

Whether it's bitterness, childishness or naivity i question how you don't acknowledge the man's greatness.
[/b][/quote]
When was the last time you saw a bunch of French harp on about awesome Jauzion is, if he wasn't so hyped up by you Welsh Folk to be this amazing unstoppable Welsh Wizard, I wouldn't really care.

we dont make out hes some unstoppable wingers... what we make out is that hes one of the best wingers in the nh!!

Latest posts