• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Shane Williams

shane williams is all right....very dangerous but that is very minimal when he constantly under pressure....ala all blacks...

id like to see him in the super14 tho....he isnt the most agile ive seen but has loads of confidence..and that is his danger...take that away and sivivatu dumps the ball on his head...

we dont make out hes some unstoppable wingers... what we make out is that hes one of the best wingers in the nh!!
[/b]
and that should impress me how?

But yeah, Nonu has pace, i won't deny that, however, Shane has a little something called agility. Tip toeing around defences: Nonu is fast in a straight line, but Williams jinks here there and everywhere!
[/b]

Wow...does he have excellent tiptoe skills? Agility And jinking?Woooow...Tons of brownies in the super 14 can do what shane williams can do which is why im not impressed...If i wanna see some tip toe, jinking agile players i just watch ther super 14, Serously you should watch it sometime.We've got wingers to you know, I dont go around saying sivivatu is a god sheez...

He's one of the best wingers in the Northern Hemisphere. However if he played in the Southern Hemisphere he'd most likely get stood up by his opposition winger each week.

The depth of wingers in the SH is far greater than that of the NH.

I'm not belittling his playing ability and what he does for his club and country, rather just pointing out he wouldn't be such a stand out player down here, therefore he shouldn't be treated as a rugby god! :)

I can't believe that some posters are talking Shane Williams up? Sure he is a good international player otherwise he wouldn't be playing for Wales but to say he is a god is crazy.

Strengths: Is quick, agile and has an honest workrate.

Weaknesses: Too small, poor quality tackler.

Sure he does score tries but how many more does he concede?

If SW was born a New Zealander, or Australian he would be a Super 14 squad player at best.

who said he was a god? i think i missed that post somewhere..

anyway, shane williams kinda reminds me of Ben Blair, good player with good skills but is just too small. yeah he's agile and can twinkle his toes around players but so can sivi & roko those 2 are craaaazy!
keep an eye on the new guy David Smith from the hurricanes as well.
Shane is good but wouldn't get near a starting spot in the ABs.

i cant believe some people add him being small as a weakness of his.. thats bullshit.
[/b]

It is a weakness. Height can be exploited ruthlessly playing on the wing. Look at the try Australia scored in the '03 RWC Final. Great player though Jason Robinson is, he had no chance of fielding the crossfield kick against Tuquiri. The reason - a huge difference in height.

<div class='quotemain'>
i cant believe some people add him being small as a weakness of his.. thats bullshit.
[/b]

It is a weakness. Height can be exploited ruthlessly playing on the wing. Look at the try Australia scored in the '03 RWC Final. Great player though Jason Robinson is, he had no chance of fielding the crossfield kick against Tuquiri. The reason - a huge difference in height.
[/b][/quote]

Yea but if you can jump it doesnt mean ****.

<div class='quotemain'>
<div class='quotemain'>
[/b]

[/b][/quote]

[/b][/quote]

Tall players can usually jump as well. Would you really back Williams to take a high ball against, say, Shane Horgan?

<div class='quotemain'>
<div class='quotemain'>
<div class='quotemain'>
[/b]

[/b][/quote]

[/b][/quote]

Tall players can usually jump as well. Would you really back Williams to take a high ball against, say, Shane Horgan?
[/b][/quote]

If shane had about a 40 inch vertical yes.

but i dont know if the guy can jump or not

every player has a weakness, on the flip side we could say for example that shane horgan isnt very agile

youve got to take the plus points and the negatives, weigh them up, and see if you come out with more positives.

in my eyes shane williams is the most exciting winger by a fair whack in the nh. and in my eyes he has the best sidestep in the world at the moment!!

I'm not saying he doesn't have his strong points.

I'm merely pointing out that being small IS one of his weaknesses.

in my eyes he has the best sidestep in the world at the moment!!
[/b]

<_<

are you serious? your pulling my chain right? who agrees with this guy?..
i don't, but that just may be me.

in my eyes shane williams is the most exciting winger by a fair whack in the nh. and in my eyes he has the best sidestep in the world at the moment!! [/b]

In that case your eyes may need a visit to the optometrist and a referal for some serious laser surgery :)

Wow...does he have excellent tiptoe skills? Agility And jinking?Woooow...Tons of brownies in the super 14 can do what shane williams can do which is why im not impressed...If i wanna see some tip toe, jinking agile players i just watch ther super 14, Serously you should watch it sometime.We've got wingers to you know...
[/b]

Yeah, coz Super 14 has been throwing a world of class rugby at us this season, hasn't it?
It has been attrocious this season; there are better Guinness premiership games going on, and i used to love the super 14.

But i don't expect the NZ arrogance to accept Shane as agood winger - it just wouldn't be "kiwi" of you.

But i don't expect the NZ arrogance to accept Shane as agood winger - it just wouldn't be "kiwi" of you. [/b]

Australia's Commonsense doesn't accept Shane as a good winger either.

He's good, but not as good as alot of the Southern Hemisphere wingers.

[/b]

Fair enough.
I think we've all made our views on the man (excessively, for a long time now).
Neither of the two sides are ever going to convince one another to think alike.

P.O.V accepted.

<div class='quotemain'>

[/b]

Fair enough.
I think we've all made our views on the man (excessively, for a long time now).
Neither of the two sides are ever going to convince one another to think alike.

P.O.V accepted. [/b][/quote]

Very respectable :) :bravo:

Latest posts