• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Shanklin and Nuggett to leave at the end of the season.

Gleision

Academy Player
Quite surprised to read this,the Blues are slashing their squad budget.I think its a fairly good business decision as nuggett is all but finished in whats been a great career,and Shanklin has been more time injured than playing!!Good news for Warburton,as he can finally play most games for the Blues now,especially the european ones.The Blues probably broke the bank to keep Rush and sign Casey,and what with the poor gates they are getting as well.Sign of the times.

I would have expect Martyn Williams to retire from international rugby, but possibly carry on at club level for one or two years. There's still a possibility of a decent signing by a club from France etc. to bolster his retirement funds. From a Welsh perspective, it's a good thing really, as now Warburton will be their no.1 and Navidi will get gametime.

Go-on Shanks, you know the Dragons would be a good place to go. He could do wonders for them I think, the really lack experience in their backline, someone like Shanks would be perfect.

It is the Western Mail though.....

Martyn stated he was going to go until May 2012 and then retire, end of. He'll probably get a big-money deal in France or England for a season, while Shanks will be a fit at the Dragons.

Harsh from the Blues management, but it does make some sense.

Aye, even reading the story it doesn't seem like they're in financial trouble, just want to cut the spending back to the levels of the AP salary cap, which is fair enough
£1m is £1m, whether you're broke or raking it in

True but they could easily pick up the story.

Im not denying we are getting rid because they are pretty much coming to the end of their career and we would want to free some space for new players. I don't believe that the Blues are in any financial problems mind!

really? i take it you were not at the CAC AGM last week then, where Cardiff RFC Ltd were describe and i quote "broke" and falling to pay bills

really? i take it you were not at the CAC AGM last week then, where Cardiff RFC Ltd were describe and i quote "broke" and falling to pay bills

Unfortunately life dictates I cannot be everywhere at anytime. From what I was aware from a good friend within the Blues that it was a Cardiff RFC problem and not a Blues one. It makes sense for the Blues to rid of Shanks and Nugget because of age, injuries and wages.

A Cardiff RFC problem is a Cardiff Blues problem, they both are run by Cardiff RFC Ltd of which PT is the sith lord, so the budget cut dosn't make for good reading, yes Jeff teams are all on a Cap of 4mill and yes Cardiff wage bill will be 4mill. But the problem is that 4 mill includes Blues players and staff, and Cardiff Rfc players and staff,

The have missed (peter thomas/blues) bar payments which resulted in beer being turned off in club, the lease thay still have to pay for CAP is not being paid, nor the up keep of the ground which is written in the lease, CAC have now written to Cardiff RFC Ltd to inform them they have started legal action against them.
It also came out that PT and WRU have bith put in written requests to buy CAP, WRU to fill Glanmors Gap and PT who knows his reasons, both offers were turned down, in fact CAC at the meeting said PT will never ever get his hands on CAP.

But there were a lot of anti blues in the room so the above may just be anti blue rants, but the money problems are fact, the most shocking is that it took us up until November 2010 to pay the company that provided the buses for the EDF Final!!!! also the funniest was the Crisp company stopped sending nuts to clubhouse due to non payment....made me laugh anyway

Latest posts