• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Sharks on spending spree

Seaton

First XV
Club or Nation
Sharks
The Natal Sharks have already confirmed the signings of Ross Skeate, Lionel Mapoe and Meyer Bosman (only after the CC)

With this the Sharks have the option of acquiring Jano Vermaak (whom is interested) and Dopies Lan Grange.

Steven Meyer is back training with the Sharks, after his surprise retirement at the beginnning of the year, he has not signed a contract, but he does live in Durban, and could sign a contract.

Don't have an internet link, and these are through numerous articles.

Sharks are going to have soo much depth in the backline next season if all of these are pulled off.

It would be great to have Vermaak, but I like McLeod although he seems to have stagnanted a bit. Can you believe he is already 26? However this move would really ruin the Lions. Vermaak has become a pillar of strength for the Lions.
We don't need Doppies. We already got an undynamic, bash-it-up centre in Swanepoel.
Mapoe is probably gonna play centre, to cover Murray's absence. Mvovo and Vulindlu both look good prospects for the future on the wing. We also already got Odwa and JP as established campaigners.
I've always been fond of Bosman for some reason... Glad he is in the setup.
Skeate is a class signing, directly putting back what we lost in van den Berg's retirement. So chuffed.
Very exciting to be a Sharks supporter at the moment!

Scratch the La Grange, Lions CEO says that he has just signed a new contract the runs until 2012

Do you think Mapoe has the hands to be a center? If he were put there to me it would just scream of Adi Jacobs v2.0
Would like to see him, Mvovo and J.P. challenging for the wingers jerseys

IMO Jacobs has very good, creative hands. On Mapoe, I think he'll be used the same way Murray was. Getting picked at either 13 or 14, but center being his main focus. We really lack quality centers.

I used to like Jacobs, before the CC final last year, when he tried 2 drop goals for no reason.
After that I wouldn't trust him in a big game, he doesn't seem to have the temperment

Murray seems to have gone downhill ever since Barrit left

Well, I suppose a player can only be officially confirmed when a clearance certificate is issued, much like at the start of the season with Willem Alberts, and currently Mapoe.

Basically I wouldn't put my money where my mouth is

Latest posts