• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Sharks vs Blues

S

Steve-o

Game of the round IMO. The battle of Bismarck du Plessis vs Keven Mealamu will be worth the admination price alone. This game will be won in the contact areas, both teams have extremely mobile forwards, which is gonna make this a mammoth game. The backlines for both teams don't even need to be mentioned, everybody this side of Texas knows the talent that lies there.

I am very happy that Terblanche is starting, it's about time! The choice of both Daniel and Botes is interesting as they are both primarily fetchers, the experience of Venter will be a lose. We need that experience. That has been our weakness in all our games so far, lack of composure and decision making.

I, however, predict the Blues to take this one.

Sharks Starting XV

15. Francois Steyn
14. Stefan Terblanche
13. Waylon Murray
12. Bradley Barritt
11. JP Pietersen
10. Frederic Michalak
9. Rory Kockott
8. Ryan Kankowski
7. Jacques Botes
6. Keegan Daniel
5. Johann Muller ( Capt )
4. Albert van den Berg
3. BJ Botha
2. Bismarck du Plessis
1. Jannie du Plessis

Replacements:
16. Craig Burden
17. Tendai Mtawarira
18. Steven Sykes
19. Jean Deysel
20. Charl Mcleod
21. Adrian Jacobs
22. Odwa Ndungane

How old is Terblanche, he was in the 98 tri nations winning Bok side so he must be approaching retirement? still he has been solid under the high ball and scored against the Force so he deserves it.

aah, the first sight of competiton for the blues. will be interesting. they have done everything right so far, by beating the teams who should be beaten, and they beat them well. so now to a team who is up there in the ranks - should be good.

What time is this in New Zealand?

Going to have to plan my Saturday Night accordingly.

Dunno, if it was it at 1 or 2 i'd probably have just gone and watched it at the Downtown Local on Cuba Street... but this complicate things.

Hmmmmm.......... stay awake or not. Tough.

The only reason for me staying awake to wait for a 5am game would be if I was really amped for it. Plus, when I tend to wake up to the alarm at 5am I am hardly in the mood and usually just go to sleep, then I spend the whole day regretting I missed the game as I was asleep.

I know it's dumb, staying awake, but it's the only chance I have at watching games during those god awful hours. Last years world cup was a blast! Had a few overnighters each week :)

The end of year AB's tours are another reason for me to stay awake for 36 hours lol.

This will be a true test to see how good the Blues are this year. I'm thinking they should win.

Also, it's J-Rock's 50th match as a Blues player.

The only reason for me staying awake to wait for a 5am game would be if I was really amped for it. Plus, when I tend to wake up to the alarm at 5am I am hardly in the mood and usually just go to sleep, then I spend the whole day regretting I missed the game as I was asleep.

I know it's dumb, staying awake, but it's the only chance I have at watching games during those god awful hours. Last years world cup was a blast! Had a few overnighters each week :)

The end of year AB's tours are another reason for me to stay awake for 36 hours lol.
[/b]
Why dont you record it?

<div class='quotemain'>

[/b]
Why dont you record it?
[/b][/quote]

Because I'm an idiot.

Nah, I only do it for All Blacks games, like the world cup or Northern Hem. tours. I just get too excited and can't sleep anyway, mind's usually racing and end up just staying awake all night lol. I hate missing live All Blacks games, it's just not the same.

You guys must be pretty confident of a victory if this is your biggest concern!

That.

Was.

Excellent.

Sharks made a team that put 100 points past their previous 2 opponents, actually look like a team that don't know how to score for the entire first half. How awesome is Keegan Daniel ?

I mean, I've been a fan since 2006 but this kid can play some rugby.

f*** the Sharks. That is all.

Although than again the Shark's have always been our Numero Uno Nemisis - even back in 96/97 when we booted them twice in the Finals.

Serves me right for betting against my boys.

The Blues were in a state of shock the entire 1st half. The Sharks absolutely dominanted them. That was the best rugby from any SA team, so far.

Keegan Daniel is ripping it up! Magic stuff from him. He showed good pace to evade Rokocoko's tackle. Possible skinning :D?

Well done Sharks, great first half tries. The Blues must've been too confident, serves them right!!

Latest posts