• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Sharks vs British & Irish Lions

Happy days. I'm guessing the team for Saturday is the team that should have played on Wednesday with a couple of exceptions

Where were the sharks lacking? Didn't watch the game, but seeing the bench, the forwards game must have been hell for the Sharks. Maybe they can "loan" some lions enforces if need be
The lions came out with an intensity that the Sharks could not match. They expected intensity but not that much nor could they adapt quick enough to react.

The Lions forwards dominated us and you know what they say about Rugby and forwards... They decide who wins games. They constantly broke the gain line while we could not. We were losing most of the collisions. Even our big boys were being put back on their arses. The backs had no platform but players like Bosch capitulated under the pressure and made some dumb decisions. We had certain players who played valiantly to name a few they were Venter, Richardson, Buthelezi, Marius Louw and Sharks MVP on the day, Werner Kok.

Libbok embarrassed himself and his teammates with his poor play. Duhan made him look like a prop with his first try. #Libbokout he got skinned all game. Sadness.

The Scrums went better than expected, but the Lineouts was as bad as expected. The forwards were never going to beat the Lions forwards but they needed to come closer to parity if the score was going to be respectable. We need to play our bigger players next game such as Van der Mescht and Le Roux Roets, Kerron van Vuuren, Ntchunu etc. Then maybe we lay a platform for the backs to have some more space and time.

I hope now that the Sharks knows the intensity with which the Lions will attack them then they can better adapt the approach and tactics. We will see. Lions should still take it regardless of tactics but yea there are some lessons for the Sharks to learn. I want to see an improvement in intensity from our side as well as the collisions.

Curious how Jaden Hendrikse looks in the 2nd test. A ton of skill but looked like he was overthinking things and not reacting instinctually.

Latest posts