• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Sharks vs British & Irish Lions

Yeah Curry was decent apart from his bad hands for that dropped gimme that was going to be a certain try.

He hasn't got feet for hands like Underhill but he's not exactly great in that area imo.

Yeah Curry was decent apart from his bad hands for that dropped gimme that was going to be a certain try.

He hasn't got feet for hands like Underhill but he's not exactly great in that area imo.
I'd contest this a little. He doesnt have a backs hands, but he's got good offloading skills and this normally demonstrates decent handling ability

I'd contest this a little. He doesnt have a backs hands, but he's got good offloading skills and this normally demonstrates decent handling ability
Yeah that's fair. As I say, I wouldn't put him as bad as Underhill in this area I just don't think it's a strength of his. He has lots of other strengths though to be fair and he is generally good at most things. He did show once (in the first half I think) some very nice quick hands to get the ball out wide.

I would love to see both him and Watson in the back row but Beirne simply has to be in the team for me. Good headaches for the coaches.

Adam Beard - Drops a pass (from a Curry break/offload) for a try: Knight him, he's superb

Curry - Can't gather a poor offload (from Beard, surprise surprise): Hang draw and quarter him

Adam Beard - Drops a pass (from a Curry break/offload) for a try: Knight him, he's superb

Curry - Can't gather a poor offload (from Beard, surprise surprise): Hang draw and quarter him
I have to watch the game again but I do not remember that offload being poor at all. It's was bread and butter.

Anyway, both had good games so not really what I'm saying.

Hopefully we have a game to watch this weekend but I doubt it. Anthony Watson really needs some minutes as Adams is nailed on now. (Though wise people like me knew he was very likely to start before the squad was even announced)

Hopefully we have a game to watch this weekend but I doubt it. Anthony Watson really needs some minutes as Adams is nailed on now. (Though wise people like me knew he was very likely to start before the squad was even announced)
Out of curiosity has Adam's played much 15? Would he be a sensible option there or a wing that can cover.

I really rate Watson but how do you get Adam's, LRZ, Williams, Hogg and Watson all in the same 15. Great lot at the moment.

Out of curiosity has Adam's played much 15? Would he be a sensible option there or a wing that can cover.

I really rate Watson but how do you get Adam's, LRZ, Williams, Hogg and Watson all in the same 15. Great lot at the moment.
He's played there a bit for Cardiff but not much. I believe he played there a bit more when he was at Worcester so he could be considered a legit option at full back but not when you've got Hogg and Williams as options I suppose. The back 3 and back row are going to be really hard to pick imo.

Front row is easier for me now. Has to be Wyn Jones, LCD and Furlong. With Sutherland, Owens and Sinkler on the bench.

He's played there a bit for Cardiff but not much. I believe he played there a bit more when he was at Worcester so he could be considered a legit option at full back but not when you've got Hogg and Williams as options I suppose. The back 3 and back row are going to be really hard to pick imo.

Front row is easier for me now. Has to be Wyn Jones, LCD and Furlong. With Sutherland, Owens and Sinkler on the bench.
Good front row picks. I still worry about Sinkler, but time will tell if he stops trying too hard.

Owens above George is a big call. I think George is a better bench impact player in my opinion but if I was picking a starter, I'd start Owens over George (if that makes sense).

Good front row picks. I still worry about Sinkler, but time will tell if he stops trying too hard.

Owens above George is a big call. I think George is a better bench impact player in my opinion but if I was picking a starter, I'd start Owens over George (if that makes sense).
Makes total sense and I mostly agree too.

11. Adams
14. LRZ
15. Watson

In theory at least... That's provided Watson comes in and is Watson on form - though tbh I'd take Williams too. I just don't trust Hogg not to have a brain fart tbh

What's the deal with Watson and 15? How often does he play there for Bath and England? My memories of Watson playing his best is on the wing but I'd imagine his preferred position is full back?

What's the deal with Watson and 15? How often does he play there for Bath and England? My memories of Watson playing his best is on the wing but I'd imagine his preferred position is full back?
Watson is a 15 as much as he is a wing (arguably more so). Not there much for England cause of the ever imperious Daly

I can never tell when people are joking or being serious with this any more, unless they have a Bath club badge.

Watson is a 15 as much as he is a wing (arguably more so). Not there much for England cause of the ever imperious Daly
This is probably off but my recollection of his defence when playing at full back can be a bit suspect at times but a lot less so on the wing. Obviously you're facing different defensive scenarios at 15 than on the wing but he's great under the high ball so he's no worry there but more from a positional sense and the odd one on one when players have got open space either side to attack. As I say though I'm probably off on that as I imagine he plays at 15 the most when he's at Bath and I don't watch all their games or nothing.

Basically he only doesn't play 15 for England because of EJ's stupid Daly experiment that he has so far refused to concede was a failure. However, when playing for England him and May and almost any other winger has looked more secure under the high ball than Daly.

Latest posts