• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Sharks vs British & Irish Lions

I don't follow, sorry.
Watson was Bath's starting 15 for ages, broken only by his recent set of injuries. He was a very solid 15 and particularly strong in the air. Tackling could have been better but was far from being bad and he has a tendency to slip when running zig zaggy lines. He's a more than capable 15 who we only haven't seen doing it for England because of Jones pratting around with Daly at 15.

I see reports that the Sharks will play the Lions again this weekend.
If this is true i will be so happy at the chance of redemption.

Probably due to the Bulls cancelation and that the Sharks and Lions were already exposed to each other.

Last edited:
That's a crazy idea. Better to have an inter lions game than play them again.
Although at least I get to watch some rugby at the weekend now.

With so many forwards getting game time yesterday can we look forward to a 3:5 split with only front row replacements for this game?

Royal XV lost 25-37
Golden Lions lost 10-74
Cheetahs lost 24-26
Sharks lost 3-39
WP lost 23-26
Kings lost 8-20
Emerging Boks draw 13-13

Back in 2009 we gave some kind of competition to the lions week/non test squad.

Difference between then and now is players were playing for pride, now when the money calls our players go (can't blame them).

So dont expect too much from these week games, was putting my hope on the bulls(for a stormers supporter, but the beating they got from the Italy... and the cancellation now)

I see a big hammering for the WP this time around

Royal XV lost 25-37
Golden Lions lost 10-74
Cheetahs lost 24-26
Sharks lost 3-39
WP lost 23-26
Kings lost 8-20
Emerging Boks draw 13-13

Back in 2009 we gave some kind of competition to the lions week/non test squad.

Difference between then and now is players were playing for pride, now when the money calls our players go (can't blame them).

So dont expect too much from these week games, was putting my hope on the bulls(for a stormers supporter, but the beating they got from the Italy... and the cancellation now)

I see a big hammering for the WP this time around
Im glad we have a second chance to fight for some respect.

Given they're already missing their internationals I can't imagine the Sharks have the strength in depth to deal with the short turnaround whereas, provided they don't all test positive, the Lions can bring in 15 new internationals.

Where were the sharks lacking? Didnt watch the game, but seeing the bench, the forwards game must have been hell for the Sharks. Maybe they can "loan" some lions enforces if need be

The Lions should only field 13. It would be more of a test and give them a workout in preparation for someone being sent off. Also help out the Sharks

(I'd love to know how much money the Sharks are getting from this)

Who are we fielding? I'm guess whoever was on the bench for the last game and some people keeping their posts since isn't isolation for 10 days?

Last edited:
Given they're already missing their internationals I can't imagine the Sharks have the strength in depth to deal with the short turnaround whereas, provided they don't all test positive, the Lions can bring in 15 new internationals.
You're assuming all those isolating Lions are back within 4 days

Gatland said there was one player who had a 'faint positive' and as a result that meant other players had to isolate due to being close contacts. He said more re-testing due today and so if that player returns a negative test then that unlocks the close contacts. Doesn't look like they want to reveal players names.

Gatland said there was one player who had a 'faint positive' and as a result that meant other players had to isolate due to being close contacts. He said more re-testing due today and so if that player returns a negative test then that unlocks the close contacts. Doesn't look like they want to reveal players names.
Good, tbh
I've always thought it was a bit weird when players were "named and shamed", so to speak

Faint positive is a bit weird, though - either you've got it or you've not

Good, tbh
I've always thought it was a bit weird when players were "named and shamed", so to speak

The genetic material of COVID needs to be amplified in multiple cycles to be detected. The more genetic material there is the fewer cycles needed to detect it. Weak positive suggests loads of cycles were needed to detect COVID, and the player had COVID before and dead COVID is being detected this time. They act as if the player is positive until proven otherwise. Essentially, they'll PCR test again and see if it comes back negative. If it's negative, they're back to normal

Good, tbh

I think the lines on a LFT can be faint but that's why you follow it up with a PCR which is more conclusive as it's sent to a lab. Not sure how you can get a faint positive from a PCR TBH.

Latest posts