• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Short/small flankers

W

whatamunson

Having a bit of a discussion the other day about small flankers, my mate reckons there are none or at least none that have been any good.
I disagreed using the low body position for tackling and burrowing for the ball argument but could only back that up using Neil Back as an example!!
Do any of you guys on here know of any other players past or present, pref present, to help back up my point???

Many thanks :bonne-de:

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (whatamunson @ May 13 2009, 04:12 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Having a bit of a discussion the other day about small flankers, my mate reckons there are none or at least none that have been any good.
I disagreed using the low body position for tackling and burrowing for the ball argument but could only back that up using Neil Back as an example!!
Do any of you guys on here know of any other players past or present, pref present, to help back up my point???

Many thanks :bonne-de:[/b]

Serge Betsen 1,82 m

George Smith 1,80 m

Phil Waugh 174 cm (5 ft 9 in)

Nili Latu 1.85 m (6 ft 1 in)

Marty Holah 6 ft 0 in (1.83 m)

And plenty of others...

I don't think Richie McCaw's the biggest guy going around... Wiki says 6'1.

Michael Jones and Martyn Williams are the same height and Scott Waldrom's only about 5'9.

George Smith is tiny, was standing behind him at the Reds game, and he was puny, except his shoulders are like 10 meters wide.

Steffon Armitage was one of the form Opensides in the GP last season. He's only 5'9. Admittedly not world class yet but he could be...

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Charles @ May 13 2009, 07:46 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Serge Betsen 1,82 m

George Smith 1,80 m

Phil Waugh 174 cm (5 ft 9 in)

Nili Latu 1.85 m (6 ft 1 in)

Marty Holah 6 ft 0 in (1.83 m)

And plenty of others...[/b]

Is 182 cm height small? :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

We all know its the skill and not the height that makes a flanker... ahh lol

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (whatamunson @ May 13 2009, 01:12 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>

Many thanks :bonne-de:[/b]

tommowins 1,65 m

Just tell him that and you will win the debate.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (candybum @ Jun 17 2009, 01:14 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
We all know its the skill and not the height that makes a flanker... ahh lol[/b]

Agree agree agree

But actually demands of teams pose great efforts on flankers

That's why I think Skill costs more than height

Latest posts