• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Should the NRL expand in 2011 to included additional teams

Expanded NRL

• Total voters
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Dale @ Dec 1 2009, 12:26 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
For rugby's benefit, a couple of NRL teams dieing would be grand.[/b]

Not a bad way at looking at it, I understand the Provincal rugby in Australia is not that flash is this correct??

People have already said it, but if they could do it, another team in NZ would be the way to go. I'm not sure where the strongholds of RL are in NZ, but Wellington or Christchurch would be my vote.

canturbury, the warriors are in the north island so its only fair.

We deserve a team badly on the Central Coast. Yeah we are in NSW, but we won't be a Sydney team. I can see why the Gold Coast were the expansion team. It is the fastest growing area in Australia & in QLD.

I would be quite content if one of the less successful Sydney teams were cut to bring the Bears in.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (St Helens RLFC @ Nov 21 2009, 02:53 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
With both AFL and Union expanding, is the NRL missing out on television and more importantly sponsorship opportunities?

They aren't missing out on television opportunities because the next TV deal starts in 2013, when most likely the new team/s will come.

Latest posts