• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Sidhe's Rugby Challenge

Sneaky shot of ospreys in the trailer as well. Last seasons kit (purple) but i dont mind, cause i love purple :D woop woop :D
Interesting that it's the old Ospreys kit, there's a shot of a Blues player getting tackeld by an Edinburgh player, and the it's def the Blues's new home kit.
Really like the look of the offloading in the game (if thats what it's like in the real gameplay anyway) which was something I hated in the last Sidhe game I played (Rugby League 3). Then again, that wasn't helped by the annoyingness of the Wii controls.
Try scoring animations look good too, hated all but 2 of them in Rugby08, too unrealistic for most of them.

Last edited:
I don't mind, hope it stays with last years kit, I love Purple :p :p Hopefully this year they'll keep the purple in it :D Offloading does look good, along with the animations for steps etc :p

awesome, makes me regret opting for a wii :(

I would be all over a smart phone version like fifa and PES do

Last edited:
awesome, makes me regret opting for a wii :(

I would be all over a smart phone version like fifa and PES do
I was the same as you until very recently... tbf one of the main reasons I ended up getting an Xbox 360 was the new Rugby Games. And Fallout: New Vegas, which is epic.

at least with a hand held game i can sit there and pretent to be interested in whatever the wife is watching

Last edited:
Great work Sidhe! After watching the ITM and the Aus vs Sam Test in the weekend, I really can't wait to get my hands on this game!

Very slick! Looks like a lot of effort has been put into the visual presentation.

I noticed at the end it said the Tri-Nations was officially licensed, yet they dont have the official SA team license. I wonder if that'll mean just the branding of the competition with an unlicensed SA team invovled?

Wow! This trailer looks epic! Not every game draws a full house (0:15), that's a nice touch.

I'm not gonna buy two rugby games, but I'm really undecided at the moment. Guess I'll just have to wait for reviews.

It's probably been said before but the end screen at 0:59 confirms Aviva, Rabo and Orange Top 14.

It's probably been said before but the end screen at 0:59 confirms Aviva, Rabo and Orange Top 14.

http://rugbychallengegame.com/2011/07/european-licences-announced/

:)

I noticed at the end it said the Tri-Nations was officially licensed, yet they dont have the official SA team license. I wonder if that'll mean just the branding of the competition with an unlicensed SA team invovled?

We have the Investec Super Rugby competition licenced, as well as the Australian and New Zealand sides, with the South African teams missing. The numbers are made up with made up sides.

Anyone following the pics/videos that Quade Cooper and James O'Connor are posting on twitter?
Some good stuff in there, especially for those that didn't catch that French gameplay vid

There will be a few other camera angles?
i.e. side view, behind, classic, tv camera etc...

(I ask because I really can't play using side camera, I always use the classic view from behind... so, if there won't be this angle, I have to start training with the side one!)

Man can't believe these chumps have the game already!!!! They must have been playing it yesterday when the Samoan's tore their mates apart HAHAHAHA!

Wow.. I may have jumped the gun.. Presentation looks nice... Man.. all we need is some gameplay reviews....Graphics look better then the trailer.

Latest posts