• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Sidhe's Rugby Challenge

this game is far from perfect, but it is really growing on me. What is unfortunate is that I'm having to spend a lot of time editing the rosters because they're all up to date for last season, and as mentioned by many the European ratings are woeful.

On the subject of this - how do I add a player to a roster without replacing anyone? There doesn't seem to be an option for this.

Does anybody know what store in south africa I can buy the pc version?coz game doesn't even know about rc

so I've finally decided to clear the dust off of my PS3 and buy a rugby game...(WC is about to end and I'm going to be sad without rugby) so which one should I buy ? I mostly care about two things.. 1)which of the two available games has Georgia licensed and 2)which game has better gameplay ..... sorry I was going to look myself but then I noticed this thread is 157 pages long..

I think Georgia is licensed in RC.

Also.. Played a game against my brother yesterday.. Lol.. Some funny glitches happened. He was NZ, i was AUS.

One particular one for me was hilarious.

He was hot in attack in my 22.. But i turned the ball over at ruck time... I decided to run with my SH and threw a offload to my wing... But the ball went to no one and went to ground.. My bro then got Izzy dagg to pick up the loose ball... But Ioane and O conner Snuffed him into the Dead ball line,.. Lol.. It was going to be a try.. But those animations of breaking tackles prevented him from planting the ball.

Anyways.. It was my ball.. It gave me a choice of either Kick out of my 22 or Kick to touch..... I selected 'kick to touch'... To our surprise.. The next scene we somehow arrived at HIS 22!!!?? And i was kicking to touch right on HIS 22.. Lol.. EASY METERS..

Anyone else get this error?

Georgia is licensed in Rugby Challenge. I'll leave judging the game-play to others.

yeah i found a slight glitch which i'm not too concerned about, similar to yours kavana. something happened at the other end of the field, nek minnit i was taking a penalty shot at goal and nailed it hahahaha

I just picked up a new video card and I can play the game in the highest res with all settings maxed. however the second and subsequent games I play these is a slight jerkiness or delay. I have tried going back the lowest settings and still seem to get the same thing on second and subsequent games. the hard disk light isn't reading at the time either. online play also becomes slightly jerky now and again and there's a split second delay between pressing a button and the action occuring but i presume that has to do with the internet connection at both ends.

anyone else experience this on pc? i will try and clean up and reinstall my video drivers soon and see if that makes a difference. my pc is also well above the recommended specs.

you know how in that other rugby game, how when you play someone in a different position they play like crap, is it the same on here? like if you were to put a first five at halfback will it make him play like crap or have no affect?

can anybody tell me how to make it so the ai doesnt offload so much? apart from that i'm really enjoying it. (I'm assuming its the sliders but i cant work out which way they are meant to go. does towards "take contact" make them more likely to take the contact or more likely to offload?)

any help would be greatly appreciated.

so I've finally decided to clear the dust off of my PS3 and buy a rugby game...(WC is about to end and I'm going to be sad without rugby) so which one should I buy ? I mostly care about two things.. 1)which of the two available games has Georgia licensed and 2)which game has better gameplay ..... sorry I was going to look myself but then I noticed this thread is 157 pages long..
1)rugby challenge
2)rugby challenge

Finally got Rugby Challenge out here in L.A. (had to drive 48 miles to the closest Gamestop that even had the game).

I can't wait to start playing it! I've been getting sick of playing RWC 2011 & Rugby 06' (those are the only 2 other Rugby games I have that I can play on my 360).

Urgh so close to 90k coins to get Team Lomu ... but saving up to get 100k.

Taking ages. Once I done the tutorial I got to play loads of games to get coins lol.

I'm not sure how the rugby dollars system works. You seem to get $500 a game, whether it's a win/loss on any difficulty.

I like the game. Online it's a bit annoying, though it doesn't seem to play any differently (like fifa plays different online) as it seems to be set on hard mode, so conversions, scrums, lineouts and rucking all seem like they are too hard to contest at times. Also, i'm not sure why but you can't select the kit for your team, and twice i had the opponent have the same colour kit as me.. its almost like it picks the nearest team colours, as well as selecting a ref in that colour too.

I do love the glory cam, that's great, the lineouts are not repetitive, scrums are good (but seem to be on roller skates, can that be adjusted by stats?) and the mechanics of the game are good. It's just there is no tactical element, so you can't force a penalty at the scrum, or get an edge at the breakdown etc, by fetching the ball, for example. Dropgoals are horrible though.

I'm impressed by the free flowing nature of the game, and the editability of the game too. There's just a couple of pieces missing, and it'd be a truly great game if they were in place.

I'm not sure if these things can be modded on PC, but i assume there is some way to alter parameters etc.

You may not be able to edit the parameters of the game but you can edit the players statistics as a whole to get the gameplay more to your liking. I haven't looked in depth through the game but I'm pretty sure there are no sliders.

Latest posts